Floatylights Fleet - And then there were 3 - SLK Gone..

Floatylight

Right only just managed to find my thread, had disappeared on Tapatalk for some reason, however update deal done but not collected due to fellow shiter needing to remain mobile till Saturday, however I shall dangle a few carrots to alleviate the suspense, contains cow, not European, will become Mrs FL's daily..

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

It is a lovely clean & straight car that polishes up really nicely!

It was mine before I sold it to Sims00 & I would have kept it myself but a growing family regretably meant a bigger car was needed - it might well be the car that I will come to regret selling!

I think I still have a pair of door tweeter speakers (located in the door mirror trim) if you want them? (I was intending on replacing them as the drivers side one used to buzz occasionally)

Bugger! Ordered wing mirror glass from eBay, turns out they have different fitting types. In better news have replaced battery in spare key, ordered keyrings and new phone mount, currently considering reversing camera/ sensors for Mrs FL, decisions decisions..12c9d09d525e39c2e453ed535f416e50.jpg

Bugger! Ordered wing mirror glass from eBay, turns out they have different fitting types. In better news have replaced battery in spare key, ordered keyrings and new phone mount, currently considering reversing camera/ sensors for Mrs FL, decisions decisions..12c9d09d525e39c2e453ed535f416e50.jpg

Update, refund given for the wrong mirror but they didn't want it back so heated up the backplate with the hairdryer and gentle removed it, removed the broken mirror from its mounting and replaced, so repaired at nil cost, bonus!

Went to see my mum last night which recesitates a drive through some twisty B roads, haven't had so much fun in ages, gets a fair turn of speed on and handles pretty well, clever bit of design by Mazda means only the driver can see the Speedo...

• 2 weeks later...

LULZ

must be a japanese thing

had type r shape civic and glass broke bought a non gen one after finding out a honda one was 80 quid (heated elec bumrape etc)

bought a 5 quid on and it was supposed to fit into a plastic backing which then pushed into the housing

no was millimeters too small

solution - two cable ties north and south holding it on - it passed an mot like that also :lol:

• 3 months later...

Quick fleet update.

Mazda 3 - (114k) Went down a mahoosive pothole right after Mrs FL said, be careful there's a big pothole up 'ere, but I had a bit of a hoon on and hit it at 60 and burst a tyre. Al's has developed both front and rear suspension clonks, suspect worn out bushes, but these are known for breaking springs.

C3 - (101k)Master FL now learning to drive, doing really well, did a 100 mile drive round Shropshire & Cheshire on Sunday and due to drive me to Hereford & back tomorrow (another 160m) had front disks and pads replaced as warped but still got a graunch under light breaking, garage suspects hub or driveshaft

C4GP - (162k) Currently having new tyres on fronts and winter tyres swapped to summer's on rear, EML light on (EGR Clogged) suspension rattles (suspect drop links) engine rattles, could be DMF, pulley or heat shield, will investigate now it's warming up outside.

Suspect fleet will remain static until C4GP 1.6hdi grenades itself or DMF explodes..

As promised to Jim Bell here is the story of Staffordshire County Council's car leasing departments drive it weekends in partnership with Appleyard's Leasing which took place each June and was supported by all the major manufacturers who brought along their marketing trailers and had a display of models staff may be interested in taking on as a lease car, to drive one of these cars one had to go through a thorough* vetting program of handing over their licence and being handed the keys to the vehicle of their choice, no checks were made to see if anypne was a member of council staff,if on the ball it was possible to drive about twenty cars a day on a preprogrammed route out of the Shugborough estate straight into a 60 limit across Cannock Chase down to a mini roundabout and back into town then back to Shugborough.

What was unexpected was the range of cars that the manufacturers chose to bring, my favourite drives across the years me and my mates went along were a Safrane V6 with the talky computer, the Omega with the BMW 2.5td, Golf VR6, Volvo 850TDi, BMW 328 convertible. I drove far too many now to remember.

The most amusing moments were when a bloke floored an MX5 whilst still on the Shugborough estate, lost it, planted it into a tree and I drove past to see the stunned look on his face as the airbag was going down.. Also a lad took out a Calibra Turbo, massively went off the planned route and was brought back by the Police after a couple of hours missing and someone who managed to put a Polo into the hedge..

Happy days...

• 1 month later...
C4GP in for MOT tomorrow, so fingers crossed! Recently been in for EGR valve, full service, droplinks and radiator, so I hope it bloody passes!

It's a PASS! Although both rear tyres badly worn on very inner edge apparently..411bdf64a1f10a097762eba50babc6a5.jpg