Floatylights Fleet - And then there were 3 - SLK Gone..

Floatylight

I've had a few issues with the trusty C4GP for a while, namely EML and antipolutìon warnings due to DPF being blocked and leaky injector seals, today I decided to sort it out as I need to use it in a few weeks to tow the camper and the faults mean that under load it can kick the turbo out and stop cruise from working, so after an hour or so remonstrating with it the filter is out and was attacked with the pressure washer, certainly is a lot clearer now, took about an our of cleaning before the water ran clear, interestingly the grit the came out of it was black to start with but most of it was a reddish colour, currently drying out and will try and put it back together tomorrow.

In other news SmollestFL has mislaid the keys to the Fiesta 68ef7c3bbc64cc187454c078f7f69ed5.jpg

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Had a look at the lack of Zoom Zoom on the Mazda tonight, suspect was plugs or coil packs, coil packs seem Ok and plugs are correct Iridium's but the gaps were almost 1mm, re gapped to .5mm and it seems much perkier..

Been looking over the Fiesta and decided it needs a full service, potential belts & thorough brake check inc fluid.

Needs some rust and bodywork tidying up and the thorough machine cut and polish and interior vax.

Having decided this I did the only thing an autoshittist can do

And fitted some cheap trims and new wiper blades..9c1c8f613db84677b7145025ac035e58.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • Floatylight changed the title to Floatylights Fleet - Fester MOT today!
  • Floatylight changed the title to Floatylights Fleet - Fester MOT Fail! Oh noes!!
1 hour ago, colino said:

The nonsense of recent MOTs.  e.g. Of course your exhaust flexi is worn. It's not brand new.  Are they pointing out it is leaking or are they touting for work by writing a pile of rubbish? 

Maybe the tester used to write for one of the tabloids and forgot he had changed jobs 🤣

1 hour ago, BL Bloke said:

That doesn't look too bad a result. Interesting to see the advisory on the front tyres as they were brand new for the last MOT. 

Yeah, not bad at all, tracking must be a mile out, tyres have only done a thousand miles!! Was going to get the tracking done anyway as the wheel is off centre, hopefully with that done the tyres will do another year.

Also planning on cleaning up the bodywork a bit,  mopping & polishing it and doing oil & filter

• Floatylight changed the title to Floatylights Fleet - 2 x MOT Fails in two days! Oh noes!!

Bit of tinkering with the Fiesta this morning changing the brake front flexis,  and replaced brake fluid which looked ancient.

Tried doing the rear flexis and trying to look at the rear shoes but the flexis are well seized and the hubnut needs to come off to check the shoes so the garage can do that bit, I've not got sockets that big or a torque wrench that goes that high..

20200927_095813.jpg

20200927_095819.jpg

20200927_101829.jpg

20200927_101833.jpg

• Floatylight changed the title to Floatylights Fleet - Fiesta Fettling
On 29/09/2020 at 20:14, Floatylight said:

I hate drum brakes, struggled for ages to reassemble and now xant get the handbrake to self adjust anyone got any tips...

In other news,  C3 needs a new radiator.. but now has MOT

20200929_163211.jpg

It’s not one of those types of auto adjuster where you put the car back on its wheels, leave the handbrake off and press the pedal a few times until it no longer clicks is it?

Twatted around with the Fiesta long enough, brakes defo better than before but still questionable, is it because Ford or cause I r rubbish, dropped of back to garage with a request to check off if poss, if not fix and re MOT, then try and make the bodywork a bit more presentable..

Maybe needs bleeding? Sometimes even messing around with the shoes you can push a bit of fluid by the seal and then when it returns out air is admitted.

• Floatylight changed the title to Floatylights Fleet - Fiesta now with MOT!

Been working with SmollFL on his C3 today sorting out what I thought was a duff radiator.

Only when putting it all back together did I discover this.

The bottom hose had been refitted incorrectly by a garage previously and had been rubbing on the fan cowling, so now off the road for a few days while a new hose is sourced.

More concerningly the expansion bottle was filthy dirty and in cleaning it it's clear it's got a coating of oil on the inside, so that'll be the head gasket on it's way then!

16024324653119082451982809269147.jpg

• Floatylight changed the title to Floatylights Fleet - C4GP MOT time

The trusty C4GP is in for MOT today as the Boris MOT's extension is nearly up.  Not done many miles this year but now at 182k.

Not many seem the get to this kind of mileage so Prace bets now! 

ST08XMC for anyone interested.

In other news backbox is blowing on the fiesta and I still need to get the tracking and front tyres done although SmollestFL learning to drive is going very slowly..

8 hours ago, Floatylight said:

The trusty C4GP is in for MOT today as the Boris MOT's extension is nearly up.  Not done many miles this year but now at 182k.

Not many seem the get to this kind of mileage so Prace bets now! 

ST08XMC for anyone interested.

In other news backbox is blowing on the fiesta and I still need to get the tracking and front tyres done although SmollestFL learning to drive is going very slowly..

Update - Fail, leaking injector (should of put the engine cover back on...) front tyres scrubbed to bald on inner edge, tracking must be off..