Floatylights Fleet - And then there were 3 - SLK Gone..

Floatylight

• Floatylight changed the title to Floatylights Fleet - SLK MOT day
  • Floatylight changed the title to Floatylights Fleet - SLK MOT passed!
  • 2 weeks later...

Been clocking up the miles in the ex @Unclefester Merc S203 for work, now at 180k, so that's 7k since March.

It's been moaning about being over the service interval for the last couple of weeks and an early finish saw Oil & filters changed along with ARB Bushes which I've been meaning to do for ages.

Still got something clocking away, having already done front & rear ARB Bushes & droplinks, suspect front arms which seem to be a common issue, I'm sure the MOT in a couple of weeks will highlight the cause.

It's a very pleasant place to be for my dialy 100 mile round trip for work.

No recent pics so have a bonus pic of Jasper instead

Screenshot_20230807-224804_Photos.jpg

• Floatylight changed the title to Floatylights Fleet - Routine servicing
8 hours ago, Floatylight said:

Been clocking up the miles in the ex @Unclefester Merc S203 for work, now at 180k, so that's 7k since March.

It's been moaning about being over the service interval for the last couple of weeks and an early finish saw Oil & filters changed along with ARB Bushes which I've been meaning to do for ages.

Still got something clocking away, having already done front & rear ARB Bushes & droplinks, suspect front arms which seem to be a common issue, I'm sure the MOT in a couple of weeks will highlight the cause.

It's a very pleasant place to be for my dialy 100 mile round trip for work.

No recent pics so have a bonus pic of Jasper instead

Screenshot_20230807-224804_Photos.jpg

Glad it’s doin it’s duties well apart from the clunky it was a good car for us any in really good condition body wise  

• 2 weeks later...
  • Floatylight changed the title to Floatylights Fleet MOT Failz!

Sorry to hear that. I guess none of it in isolation is a big problem, but its the number of things needed. Can the oil cooler be bypassed? Surely not really needed in the UK.

I guess with a list like that, if you haven't got time/space/etc to DIY it then it will soon become uneconomical to fix.

Sad times.

Two MOT fails in a week! Today was my Merc C220CDI failed on 2 broken rear springs and some new tyres.

Not too bad but the garage wanted over £400 to do the two springs which seems crazy, I'll be collecting tomorrow and doing it myself.

Problem is it still needs a starter motor as the fuse blows when you try and start it hot.

• Floatylight changed the title to Floatylights Fleet MOT Failz! Again! That's two this week..

All depends on how easily the bolt comes out of the control arm bush, and whether you're using a telescopic spring compressor! 

10 minutes a side once it's up in the air if all goes to plan as above, or easily a couple of hours a side and a new bolt and bush or arm if the bolt is seized into the bush sleeve... :)

£400 sounds cheap if it ended up being the latter scenario!

• Floatylight changed the title to Floatylights Fleet - One in, one out

Likewise, nice to see you both again and meet "miss floatylight", glad he's still happy, I've used his "I definitely think this is faster than the Audi was" on my neighbour with the dead A4 already!

Remind @Smoll Floatylight on the 31st if he doesn't see this, hope his sailing went well and that he's worked out at least 50% of the insignias buttons by now.

• Floatylight changed the title to Floatylights Fleet - Tired out.
  • 2 months later...
  • Floatylight changed the title to Floatylights Fleet - Volvo MOT time
  • 3 weeks later...

10k miles in on the S203 after 8 months

Now on 184k

In that time it's had:-

Front & Rear Drop links and ARB bushes

Front tyres (Toyo Proxes)

Rear Springs

Inner & Outer rack ends

Front o/s lower arm

Starter motor

Filters & oil

Still needs new shocks and rear tyres shortly

Currently doing Swansea and back every week (340 miles)

So it's cost a few quid (about £900) but it's a comfortable place to be, does around 40mpg and most of those 10k have been for work on 45p mile so no complaints, only grumble is some moron delivery driver bent up the wing for me about a month after I got it

Screenshot_20231127-084652_Photos.jpg

• Floatylight changed the title to Floatylights Fleet - S203 keepin on keepin on...
  • 2 months later...
  • Floatylight changed the title to Floatylights Fleet - MOT Failz!
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Floatylight changed the title to Floatylights Fleet - MOT Pass (after some work)
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Floatylight changed the title to Floatylights Fleet - And then there were 3 - SLK Gone..