Floatylights Fleet - And then there were 3 - SLK Gone..

Floatylight

One in!

Following the death of SmollFL's C3 he decided life's too short for boring and bought himself an R170 SLK200  kompressor manual.

Well played for the first car he's bought himself as a 21dt Birthday pressie to himself..

Needs the usual bit of tidying but runs well, so that makes two R170's on the fleet!

Screenshot_20221002-184824_Messages.jpg

Screenshot_20221002-184849_Messages.jpg

• Floatylight changed the title to Floatylights Fleet - One in!

So following the demise of SmollFL's C3 due to frilly sills and bit MOT repair bill, my SLk320 decided to lunch its water pump so is currently out of action, took MrsFL out for the day and did a good number of Mike's in the C4GP, getting back into the car to come home I got an oil level low warning, its been loosing a bit of oil for a while and marking its territory but opened the bonnet and their is oil everywhere and its right at the bottom of the stick, pour a litre or so in from a container I carry and the warning goes away, drive gently home, open the bonnet and absolutely stinks of burning oil and you can see the smoke with the engine off as it burns off various bits.  No idea how hot the engine got as no temp gauge but no big scary stop light..

Investigation tomorrow, and hopefully at least sort the Merc..

Sigh....

• Floatylight changed the title to Floatylights Fleet - Variously Broken!
  • Floatylight changed the title to Floatylights Fleet - One out & a bit less broken..

Sorted the water pump on the Merc, had to do a bodge and fit a length of pipe with a bolt in the end of it to cap off the extra outlet on the replacement water pump.

Flushed with water, got upto temp drained and filled with almost 10litres of blue antifreeze..

Good job I've got one of them sorted as I'm back on the road and off to Bedford & Luton for work a few days each week..

Next, find the oil leak on the C4 and finish of the mechanical issues on the van before it goes for welding..

• 3 weeks later...

Mechanical issues on the van all done and taken for welding this afternoon..

Other updates, nasty suspension clock has made itself known on the Mazda 3, hoping its a droplink

Slk320 - ABS problem is back, randomly pops the brakes on momentarily then throws the ABS light for the rest of the journey, due to go into storage shortly for winter

SLk200 - Roof stopped working, suspect a duff microswitch, also got a rattle from what sounds like the timing chain, booked into local garage, needs attention to front wings.

C4GP - Getting closer to 200k miles, still got a nasty oil leak but keeping on keeping on.

Screenshot_20221028-153630_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20221028-225927_Photos.jpg

• Floatylight changed the title to Floatylights Fleet - now moar broken! + sparkly stick time!
  • Floatylight changed the title to Floatylights Fleet - Van MOT pass
  • Floatylight changed the title to Floatylights Fleet - C4GP MOT time...
  • 2 months later...
  • Floatylight changed the title to Floatylights Fleet - One incoming!
  • Floatylight changed the title to Floatylights Fleet - Two in!
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Floatylight changed the title to Floatylights Fleet - One Out!
  • Floatylight changed the title to Floatylights Fleet - Two Out!
  • 2 months later...
  • Floatylight changed the title to Floatylights Fleet - Going Green
12 hours ago, Floatylight said:

V5 Arrived for the ex @UnclefesterMerc yesterday, over 3 months since I taxed it doing a v62! Turns out it's had 11 prev owners!

I received a letter the other day it told me to ignore it if i wasn't the keeper and it would issue the v5 so I did so sorry for the hassle no idea what went on with it but glad it’s sorted now sir 

SmollFL's Aldi convertible suffered brake failure on Friday night after driving to join me for a weekend's camping near Swindon, eventually relayed back home and seized caliper identified as the cause.

Today he took out my S203 and switched it off stuck in a jam on the M6band it wouldn't turnover, RAC bloke turned up fairly promptly and got It going again after changing a fuse which is odd..