Petrol station shite

Wilko220

There's one near the centre of Buckingham which was still attendant service only when I used to go there for 4* leaded for my Reliant (for the lead, not the octane rating!).  It seems to be unchanged but I have not used it for fuel for years.  6cylinder may know whether they've given up the attendant service - most strangers just stop, leap out of their car and start filling before the elderly lady can get outside, and that was at least 10 years ago. 

If it's the one just over the bridge down the hill from the town centre it's still there, and still has a "we sell 4-star fuel" sign in the window.

Definitely worth trundling down there with the Invacar once it's roadworthy.

Shame with MK itself being so corporate that we don't have any independent filling stations locally I'm aware of or I would likely support them. The days of me worrying if my fuel costs a few pence a litre more are behind me, and supporting a local business is worth that to me.

Shame we've only one truly independent motor factors I'm aware of over in Stoney Stratford, and they couldn't get any of the parts I was after last time I was there, which was a bit disappointing. Especially when Motorserv had the stuff I needed on the shelf.