Ford timelord

Bren

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, anonymous user said:

But are they a keeper of the car, or the keeper of a V5c?

this! 

as exciting as the DVLA movements are

I will say its frightfully easy to get the V5c for a car you dont own or no longer exists

so as much as I want to belive the Ford Timelord is out there somewhere still I also make sure to keep myself in check that it could be someone with a V5c and nothing more

9 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

I will say its frightfully easy to get the V5c for a car you dont own or no longer exists

That's not allways true though they can  ask for pictures of sides front rear and chassis plate if applying for a v5.   twice thats happened now and luckily both times there was a car to take pics of,  I wonder how you would get out of it if they ask for pictures if you didn't have the car, I guess sorry changed my mind wouldn't wash.

14 minutes ago, garbaldy said:

That's not allways true though they can  ask for pictures of sides front rear and chassis plate if applying for a v5.   twice thats happened now and luckily both times there was a car to take pics of,  I wonder how you would get out of it if they ask for pictures if you didn't have the car, I guess sorry changed my mind wouldn't wash.

Yeah I am well aware of that!

id go into more details but I dont want to give anyone any ideas LOL

(even making the comment i left above i felt a bit uneasy about, I thought about mentioning it when the first V5c got issued but decided not to at the time for fear of giving someone an idea to do something nefarious)

this side of stuff is one of those things I dont like to discuss too much, because the amount of dodgy shit I have seen people do is beggars belief

so Im fully aware of what damage can be done

• 1 month later...
39 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Also, just a reminder that @Datsuncog is updating the full history in a post on page one of this thread, every time I look at it there is more info and pics in there.

one thing I am curious about is I wonder if the registration of the 2nd Doctor Ford Timelord, the Red car can be found?

we know it was purchased after the big storm of 1987, and I cant imagine there where many Red Ford Galaxies for sale at that particular time

so if anyone has any old classifieds or such from the time period maybe it might be worth a look? :) 

On 04/04/2022 at 16:42, quicksilver said:

So where are we at with probable keepers:

1. US embassy
  2. ?? (must be one more keeper at some point before Cauty as we know he was keeper #7)
  3. Pinewood Studios
  4. prisoner guy
  5. Chris Bland
  6. Flinton Chalk
  7. Jimmy Cauty (1987)
  8. new keeper 23/02/2020
  9. new keeper 23/02/2022

Assuming Paul Bickers was never a registered keeper as he only bought it to race, we seem to be almost there. Just need to find out who and when the unidentified previous keeper was - I'm guessing it's more likely to have been before Pinewood as it was 17 years old in Superman and an embassy seems unlikely to keep a car that long, and the timescale between Superman and Cauty is very short and already has three known keepers. @LightBulbFun I assume your tool won't show any other keeper change dates between 1 and 7?

as a side note for @quicksilver compiling a keeper list

one thing to keep in mind is the Ford Timelord will have originally been registered on a Buff Logbook, the DVLA Keeper count only goes back to when it was computerised

so it could have had any number of keepers before it was computerised! what the computer lists as Keeper 1 is just whoever was the keeper at the time of computerisation 

so the question is who may of owned the Timelord between 1968 and the late 70's or early 80's :) (we know its an Ex Embassy car but how long did they hold onto cars for?)

as a side note when checking in on the Timelord's DVLA record I noticed that the date of first registration changed by a day for some reason...

image.png.a0fb8dc83018ae4461f66d6194b1d69f.png

from the 10th of September 1968 to the 9th of September 1968

image.png.c7b81028ada0826afe52f09711a6e28b.png

from what I can gather this possibly happened on August 18th 2021

I dont suppose anyone has any old screenshots from the DVSA's MOT checker page (as it shows the date of first registration) from before the date above to double check things?

other bits of info that might be of note, I can confirm a keeper change happened on the 23rd of the 2nd 2022 as we all suspected

image.png.e744545807b4aa66f909a44c9035eade.png

for what its worth Keeper 8 was actioned on the 29th of March 2020 and Keeper 9 was actioned on the 6th of March 2022 (ie these are the dates the DVLA did the actual keeper change from receiving the application of keeper change)

29 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

I dont suppose anyone has any old screenshots from the DVSA's MOT checker page (as it shows the date of first registration) from before the date above to double check things?

2119425662_KLF1968FordGalaxie-DVLAinfo.thumb.png.3b5365a16cac68a1ff2ffb1a534e7eef.png

I took this screenshot of WGU's tax status back in 2019, but it doesn't give the exact date of first registration - just the month.

No MOT history available, so I don't think it showed anything helpful there.

Odd that it's recently shifted by a day - though if the records were being manually updated, it could be an operator input error?

13 minutes ago, Datsuncog said:

2119425662_KLF1968FordGalaxie-DVLAinfo.thumb.png.3b5365a16cac68a1ff2ffb1a534e7eef.png

I took this screenshot of WGU's tax status back in 2019, but it doesn't give the exact date of first registration - just the month.

No MOT history available, so I don't think it showed anything helpful there.

Odd that it's recently shifted by a day - though if the records were being manually updated, it could be an operator input error?

yeah thats why I asked about the DVSA MOT checker specifically, as even for vehicles which have not seen an MOT in a long time or ever, it will still pull data from the DVLA's computer for basic vehicle info if it cannot find said vehicle info in the DVSA's own database

image.thumb.png.f540326be496b260b7af44701dd833d3.png

and one of those things it pulls is the exact date of first registration, which for some reason the DVLA's own 1st party checker will only provide if you have the V5 11 digit number like so

screencapture-vehicleenquiry-service-gov-uk-VehicleFoundWithV5C-2022-07-02-00_48_40.thumb.png.f440d00fed6cb38284e5f62a8fcd6183.png

(for a long time it would also only display the Date of Last V5c issued if you had the 11 digit number as well, but as we all know they thankfully changed that)

and I know some people default the MOT checker as their first port of call, so was wondering if anyone had anything by chance :) 

29 minutes ago, Rod/b said:

That’s not been a requirement for years

for historic vehicles, the DVLA have specifically made it a requirement that even if its MOT exempt, It MUST have a current MOT 

I just went back and read p1 again after watching the documentary the other night.

I guess they're not sentimental given they dumped the car after the video shoot after all it's significant involvement in various parts of their history?  I wonder if the CF Ice cream van they turned up in when they had their book out more recently was the original one?

It seems like they really flailed around a bit after the brits and when they burn't the million quid nobody noticed. Interesting that they then toured the burning of a million quid to get anyone to care.

1 hour ago, PhilA said:

Well, they did rather explain that's how it would work in the "how to have a no.1 single". Fly to the top, explode and then vanish.

Phil

But they didn't really vanish, they stopped their music career but seemed to want to carry it on as artists. I think they were desperate to do something with that million quid and like so many of us who sell a car and have a cash burning a hole in their pocket they used it for something they probably regret. I think if they'd genuinely stopped they probably would have done something genuinely interesting with the money.

1 minute ago, cort16 said:

But they didn't really vanish, they stopped their music career but seemed to want to carry it on as artists. I think they were desperate to do something with that million quid and like so many of us who sell a car and have a cash burning a hole in their pocket they used it for something they probably regret. I think if they'd genuinely stopped they probably would have done something genuinely interesting with the money.

When I say vanish, I mean from popular outlets. Of course they continued, just not without the white-hot limelight they earned with 3am and Justified.

If you open your mind and I mean REALLY open your mind, you can listen to their chill out album. It's the weirdest piece of music I have ever listened to, but if you keep in mind that it was Bill Drummond's interpretation of a journey across the Deep South of the US, then it makes more sense. I think its brilliant.

20 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

for historic vehicles, the DVLA have specifically made it a requirement that even if its MOT exempt, It MUST have a current MOT 

That must have changed recently then as an MOT exempt car could be Plate raped without fresh MOT 

19 hours ago, mk2_craig said:

Does need to be taxed though, doesn’t it?

It has to be either taxed or sorned.  

I know a guy who has bought numerous scrapers that have been tax and mot exempt raped the plates and disposed of the remains,. He's also the only person I know that has removed a plate from a tractor which apparently isn't allowed either.