Ford timelord

Bren

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not really Timelord related but I thought this might be worthy of inclusion here.  During a forum discussion on "worst records ever" the other day on another site, this came up.  This is the video to "Where's Me Jumper?"  by Irish punk band Sultans of Ping FC, released in February 1992.

As you can see in the thumbnail image (which is at about 1:38 in the video) - unless I am very much mistaken, that's the ex-KLF/Jesus Jones '71 Ford LTD.  Just how many owners within the music industry did that thing have?

• 3 months later...
On 23/01/2021 at 15:03, LightBulbFun said:

but it sounds like it was only taxed for 6 months (if it was set to expire July 2021), so maybe it was not put in the Historic vehicle taxation class (so still begs the question then what was the 2nd V5 issued for)

Think I got this figured out finally!

it turns out that if you have a vehicle that is over 40 financial years old, and you tax it in a regular, NOT historic vehicle taxation class

then the DVLA will actually actively put the vehicle into the historic vehicle taxation class for you and issue a new V5 showing historic vehicle for taxation class accordingly

I found this out recently when helping a fellow shitter with a vintage Tractor, and since it was already in a Null rate taxation class as an agricultural machine, we just taxed it as is, seeing no need to put it into the historic vehicle taxation class and create extra chance for V5s to go missing at the post office etc

when suddenly a couple weeks later a new V5 in the historic vehicle taxation class showed up randomly and this letter shortly afterwards!

image.thumb.png.c44e659473a04b529537e19b5fd099ab.png

so im guessing what happened is, whoever, taxed WGU18G for 6 months in its original  Private/light goods taxation class it would of been in from 1989

then someone at the DVLA went "oh this should be in the historic vehicle taxation class" and thus generated the January 2021 V5 :) (and then it was obviously SORNed at some point)

which makes sense given it was Taxed for 6 months only back then, and you cant tax a historic vehicle for 6 monthly only, so it must of still been in the PLG taxation class when taxed hence prompting the DVLA to change it to historic tax for the keeper

although this still leaves questions as to what the July 2020 V5 is about

as a side note, I cant help but notice that at least 1 of the Daleks from the Video has a Tax disk LOL

image.thumb.png.43f801f785d28dcf7f2840e2056df18c.png

I cant help but wonder, is that one of the Ford Timelord's old discs, is it a disc for something else, or is there actually a Road registered Dalek out there somewhere :mrgreen:

58 minutes ago, garbaldy said:

@LightBulbFun I can see what your saying but I have 3 historic cars and they are still not changed to historic,  all on sorn as last ones tax ran out last summer.  

Are you actually saying that someone payed for the tax on time Lord and dvla reissued a new v5 in historic ?

Yeah if the vehicle is SORN then the DVLA wont do anything,

but it seems if you tax a historic vehicle in a regular taxation class the DVLA will then go "oh this should be in the historic vehicle taxation class, heres a new V5 with the taxation class changed accordingly"

(and I guess they would issue you a refund on any regular tax you paid, but I dont know for sure because the above tractor was null rate even when not in the historic class, so there would be nothing to refund)

3 hours ago, garbaldy said:

@LightBulbFun  for that to have happened someone had to tax the timelord or they wouldnt have issued a new v5.  Im still of the opinion someone has applied for its v5.

Oh I think you have gotten a bit confused, so heres a quick time line of Ford timelord DVLA developments :) 

a V5 was issued on the 6th of April 2020 suddenly, for the first time in about 30 years, and a new keeper showed up, so someone clearly V62'ed (or used the 11 digit number of the previous V5 to do a keeper change) that explains this V5

image.png

then suddenly The timelord was SORNed and had a V5 issued on the 10th of July 2020, but No keeper change, now for it to have been SORN'ed it would of have to have been taxed (since a vehicle untaxed since before 1998 cannot be SORNed)

155297999_Screenshot2021-01-23at13_42_55.thumb.png.b25b55139f6a323c7596183b12ac9512.png

and someone else over on @quicksilver's blog spotted that before the Timelord was SORNed it was taxed for only 6 months expiring in July 2021 now you cannot tax a historic vehicle for only 6 months, so someone must have taxed the Timelord in its regular PLG tax class for only 6 months

so that then left us wondering at the time what was this 10th of July V5 for if it was not a post office change to historic vehicle (which would of taxed the vehicle for 12 months directly into the historic vehicle class)

but now with the info I have learned from tractor exploits it looks to have been issued by the DVLA who issued a new V5 in the historic vehicle taxation class after it was taxed in the PLG class because it was a historic vehicle :) 

hopefully this makes sense!

and then another V5 was issued Jan 2021, I dont think we know what that one was issued for!

1485261667_Screenshot2021-07-27at22_27_38.thumb.png.e436e9009190e703e8d7238fe09ef9bf.png

13 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

Oh I think you have gotten a bit confused, so heres a quick time line of Ford timelord DVLA developments :) 

a V5 was issued on the 6th of April 2020 suddenly, for the first time in about 30 years, and a new keeper showed up, so someone clearly V62'ed (or used the 11 digit number of the previous V5 to do a keeper change) that explains this V5

image.png

then suddenly The timelord was SORNed and had a V5 issued on the 10th of July 2020, but No keeper change, now for it to have been SORN'ed it would of have to have been taxed (since a vehicle untaxed since before 1998 cannot be SORNed)

155297999_Screenshot2021-01-23at13_42_55.thumb.png.b25b55139f6a323c7596183b12ac9512.png

and someone else over on @quicksilver's blog spotted that before the Timelord was SORNed it was taxed for only 6 months expiring in July 2021 now you cannot tax a historic vehicle for only 6 months, so someone must have taxed the Timelord in its regular PLG tax class for only 6 months

so that then left us wondering at the time what was this 10th of July V5 for if it was not a post office change to historic vehicle (which would of taxed the vehicle for 12 months directly into the historic vehicle class)

but now with the info I have learned from tractor exploits it looks to have been issued by the DVLA who issued a new V5 in the historic vehicle taxation class after it was taxed in the PLG class because it was a historic vehicle :) 

hopefully this makes sense!

and then another V5 was issued Jan 2021, I dont think we know what that one was issued for!

1485261667_Screenshot2021-07-27at22_27_38.thumb.png.e436e9009190e703e8d7238fe09ef9bf.png

whoops my bad, I got the 10th of July 2020 and 29th of Jan 2021 V5's mixed up (thats what I get for writing responses during Autoshite zoom calls!)

its the 10th of July 2020 V5 looks to be the Mystery one that I cant yet explain, and its the 29th of the Jan V5 which is the one that I think was issued as per my original  post by the DVLA for historic vehicle reasons

On 13/07/2020 at 20:04, quicksilver said:

There's been a development! I idly decided to check the DVLA again and was amazed to see it now says the last V5 was issued on 10 July 2020. That's another new V5 this year and just 3 days ago. Something is definitely going on here...

because it was not Taxed and then SORN'ed until January 2021, which was 6 months after that July 2020 V5 was issued

On 23/01/2021 at 13:45, LightBulbFun said:

WGU18G has been SORNed! so must have been taxed at some point recently! (even if just to SORN it) as it was untaxed since 1989 and you cant SORN a vehicle thats been untaxed since before 1st of January 1998

image.png.47b09a70357062e5121a8dd1e5e40748.png

so it looks like the V5 issued on the 29th of January 2021, is the one issued by the DVLA to put the vehicle into the historic vehicle taxation class, after it was taxed for 6 months in the PLG taxation class

where as the  reason for the one on the 10th of July 2020 being is an unknown

(but we do at least know that one was not issued for taxation reasons as the vehicle remained untaxed for a good while afterwards, and not for keeper change reasons)

so to clarify 

the recent DVLA/V5c timeline looks to be:

V5c issued, 6th of April 2020, issued because of a Keeper change after 33 years

V5c issued, 10th July 2020 issued for Unknown reasons, (no taxation or keeper changes)

V5c issued, 29th of January 2021, likely Issued by the DVLA to put the vehicle into the historic vehicle taxation class after the vehicle was in the DVLA's eyes, incorrectly taxed that month in the PLG class for 6 months 

(side note just noticed this is all on page 23 LOL)

16 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

(since a vehicle untaxed since before 1998 cannot be SORNed)

My old man applied to update the buff logbook from his 1969 Sprite, and DVLA updated the vehicle from "unknown" to SORN without the vehicle having to have been taxed. It's been off the road, untaxed since 1982. They were quite happy to put it back on the records.

Phil

Edit: Never mind, they updated it into the computer and left it as UNTAXED

17 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

now for it to have been SORN'ed it would of have to have been taxed (since a vehicle untaxed since before 1998 cannot be SORNed)

This one of mine has been of the road since before 98 and it's on sorn, strange.1666770948_Screenshot_20210728-160140_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.2fc48f95c772c93af3cff88fa0a9a58d.jpg

11 minutes ago, Volksy said:

Could someone not have retained the applied for a duplicate logbook and VIN plates and are just keeping them 'current' with the hope of cashing in in later years?

22 hours ago, 808 Estate said:

Could the VIN plate have been removed from the one that was banger raced?

Possibly, but the consensus is that if there were really two cars the one that got raced was the 'fake' WGU so its VIN would be wrong for that registration. All very intriguing and something definitely seems to be brewing.

Having read through the early part of this thread again, I am definitely thinking that both cars got taken and stored away somewhere after they went out of use, and subsequently ended up at the continually-rumoured location in East Anglia.  One was then bangered, and I reckon the other one is either still there, or off the back of our research is secretly being restored somewhere.

It's a fanciful theory I know, but it might just hold water.

I`ve been reading this thread on & off over the last few days.. Wow.. Great work by DC, & everyone else who`ve been sucked in! I must have said "what the ffff", out loud, about 10 times in the last 5 or 6 pages! Cant wait to see what happens next, or, where & when Ford will choose to reveal himself....  🤔 FOTU maybe? 🤪

I'm trying to remember how many Timelords there are:

One was left on Jimmy's drive in 1991, which I think broke down in Sweden & had it's identity swapped onto a second Galaxie, which I think was used for most of the videos & driven to Spain.  I think this second car might be in storage somewhere.

The car that was bangered was a slightly later American car, with blue paint visible under the police livery.

The fourth was sold to a member of another band, & was eventually scrapped from what I remember.  This was a later car.