Ford timelord

Bren

3 hours ago, eifion said:

According to Google Translate it's "unjustified" (assuming I've entered each letter correctly).

2 hours ago, Rod/b said:

Hmm interesting. The original said “Justified”!

interesting :)

I just ran it by a good friend of mine who just came online just now who can understand Russian (and make guesses at Ukrainian)

and he says the text is "виправдании" which is not a really a word in Russian apparently, but the Ice Cream Van was in Ukraine (apparently if you see the character i it means its Ukrainian since they dont have the character i in Russian)

and interestingly when I stick виправдании into google translate it auto-detects it as Ukrainian and spits out "Justification" as the english translation 

so I would say thats what it says on the ghetto blaster, since the Ice cream van we know is in Ukrainian

On 01/02/2020 at 13:44, LightBulbFun said:

DH53U5cXsAAweuC.thumb.jpeg.e78ecd8a8270e54bccf1822f5a28007b.jpeg

for those wondering ( @Datsuncog and @Pieman ), cuz I know a guy who is from the Ukraine and can read russian etc and im curious myself :) 

I ran the picture by him and it says, in ukraine, on the side

"Fresh for you!"

and above the windscreen it says "everyone goes to" (then obviously in english "Mu Mu land" LOL)

dont know if anyone previously translated the text or not before, so excuse me if someone has done so!

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

WGU18G has been SORNed! so must have been taxed at some point recently! (even if just to SORN it) as it was untaxed since 1989 and you cant SORN a vehicle thats been untaxed since before 1st of January 1998

155297999_Screenshot2021-01-23at13_42_55.thumb.png.b25b55139f6a323c7596183b12ac9512.png

The mystery deepens!

Has is been dug out of storage as we've speculated it's been kept for around 30 years?

Or Jimmy & Bill are playing some mind games with us?!

26 minutes ago, Richard_FM said:

The mystery deepens!

Has is been dug out of storage as we've speculated it's been kept for around 30 years?

Or Jimmy & Bill are playing some mind games with us?!

yeah! first the Keeper change on the 23rd of the 2nd 2020, with its associated V5 then the 2nd V5 issued on the 10th of July (which I highly suspect might be of when whoever, changed WGU18G to the historic vehicle taxation class, since to SORN you have to tax and to tax you need an MOT unless its been made exempt) and now its been SORNed!

although I do have to wonder if someone has just V62'ed and Got the V5 of WGU18G to rob of its plate and/or ring it onto another Ford Galaxie...

(id not be surprised if the KLF do the later themselves LOL)

5 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

yeah! first the Keeper change on the 23rd of the 2nd 2020, with its associated V5 then the 2nd V5 issued on the 10th of July (which I highly suspect might be of when whoever, changed WGU18G to the historic vehicle taxation class, since to SORN you have to tax and to tax you need an MOT unless its been made exempt) and now its been SORNed!

although I do have to wonder if someone has someone just V62'ed and Got the V5 of WGU18G to rob of its plate and/or ring it onto another Ford Galaxie...

(id not be surprised if the KLF do the later themselves LOL)

Didn't Jimmy Cauty claim to have swapped the registration from one Galaxie to another, so it's possible we might be seeing another Ford Timelord around?!

Cauty claimed in a recent interview that they did have two Galaxies, and that the doors and some other panels from the first one were swapped to the second one along with the reg plates.  I don't think, however, that he definitely said he scrapped the rest of it.

I know this is very fanciful, but there have been persistent rumours about one being in a yard in Suffolk in a container.  I'm clinging to the theory that when the second one (the White Room/Doctorin' the Tardis car) got banger raced, the guy actually got hold of both of them and it's the other one that's stored away in his yard - the location does fit.  I also reckon the black and white pics of the car dumped on the driveway at Trancentral are actually of the first Timelord, and we could have a date mixed up somewhere.

8 minutes ago, Richard_FM said:

Didn't Jimmy Cauty claim to have swapped the registration from one Galaxie to another, so it's possible we might be seeing another Ford Timelord around?!

exactly! from what I under WGU18G has already been rung onto a 2nd Galaxie before hand, so I would not put it past them to do it a 3rd time

but It would be cool if the orignial Timelord survives :) (I understand that it was the 2nd one that got banger raced and that the first/original timelord may still survive somewhere)

speaking of I was checking up on the comments of the excelent blog post on the subject by @quicksilver http://rustyoldrubbish.blogspot.com/2020/04/who-really-killed-ford-timelord.html

and someone actually spotted the Timelord on the DVLA checker when it was taxed, so  I was correct there that it was Taxed and then SORNed :) 

(although I have to wonder if it was taxed for a reason, maybe they drove it somewhere, then SORNed it once they where done, as it they had been happy to leave it untaxed since 1989 until now, unless the DVLA suddenly sent them a nasty letter out of the blue about it being untaxed LOL)

but it sounds like it was only taxed for 6 months (if it was set to expire July 2021), so maybe it was not put in the Historic vehicle taxation class (so still begs the question then what was the 2nd V5 issued for)

41 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

although I do have to wonder if someone has just V62'ed and Got the V5 of WGU18G to rob of its plate and/or ring it onto another Ford Galaxie...

Personally this is what I think has happened. As I was planning to do this myself but was too slow on the uptake and got beaten to it! I had a fairly long conversation with Paul Bickers about racing FT and got no indication that there was another car hiding away at his. It all seemed to be very much in the past for him. I personally don’t think either of the original cars exist in any form, but happy to be proven wrong 🙂

Not out of the question that the "original" Timelord was a ringer itself long before Jimmy's name was on the V5, I bet there's plenty Yank cars of the era rusted away to fuck during the 70s in Britain's climate and changing plates onto better examples from a dry state was doubtless a not uncommon way of minimising the "paperwork".

Thats my theory anyway. Not suggesting for a moment this is whats been happening with this apparent resurrection. 

Might FT be heading off on an adventure in a different direction?

https://ironmanrecords.net/2020/11/ford-timelord-returns-to-work-on-the-project-to-uncover-ancient-hill-figures-111-lithographic-prints-by-flinton-chalk/?fbclid=IwAR0qHfuLvTwWJHe2uec_IrJdH4iY2nKuzRfTqNG_6bg2rBX38HZeehYP7wE

Also read the blog post on the same website entitled "Ancient Hill Figures on Wandlebury Hill"... the KLF connection is in there...

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=10159054065395953&set=a.10150983325790953

https://www.reverbnation.com/tclethbridge/

Also, check out recent news and photos on the Hunt Timelord blog here:
https://hunttimelord.wordpress.com/

11 hours ago, Datsuncog said:

Some very interesting pics there from Flinton's collection - including the Ford when it was still plain black.

1785755204_Screenshot_20210123-2208073.thumb.png.1d95a8e9b0bcdc062f493538db46aa93.png

£35 for a signed print ain't bad.

Signed by who though? Some bloke who happened to own something before it was remotely significant? 

I dunno. I'd say that as a Pinewood props car sharing screen time with Christopher Reeve, then owned by a cult musician and founder member of the Acme Auto Club, there's a degree of niche significance there for probably about 111 people - which is coincidentally the same number of prints made.

Plus, they're all Chalk's pics (bar the Timelords single cover, which we now know to be a different car) so I reckon it's fair enough that he's signed them.

While T.C. Lethbridge were never the chart-topping act that Drummond and Cauty managed to become, they certainly appear to have a small but ardent following, even now.

One thing this thread has managed to demonstrate is that without all the links in the chain, there would be no Ford Timelord.

Oooh, more intrigue! I've no idea what Flinton Chalk is trying to do but it's interesting to see his name pop back up in connection with the Timelord. There's definitely something afoot: with the KLF revival and now this from Flinton the DVLA activity can't be a coincidence.

Crazy theory: Flinton has imported another Galaxie with no UK reg and acquired WGU 18G (whether an actual car or just the identity) from Jimmy to put its reg on the new car and make a clone.