Ford timelord

Bren

7 hours ago, Philmanns said:

There were a couple of releases of The Manual, I bought the original (A4) sized one at the time, then the later small one. The original ones can fetch quite a fair price. After the painting incident, I sold the majority of my valuable KLF collectibles and got around £100 for The Manual. 
I had a conversation with Cauty at a filming he screened at The Tate some years back. I was quite involved in the mashup scene when it was a big thing. I was telling him how their music and The Manual had inspired me and how much more difficult it must have been then before software like Ableton Live was around. I worked with another guy as Phil n’ Dog and our most successful creation turned out to be this:

It was only retrospectively that I realised the part that The Manual had played in the mashup scene.

Are you anything to do with those FLK knobheads with the cow heads?

Just when we'd found out what happened to the car and the thread seemed to be dying out, it takes another twist and the owner of the replica joins in and revives it. Great to see you here @Philmanns and thanks for your input. In a way it's a shame we didn't know about each other's investigations as we could have worked together and avoided duplicating effort, but the fact we independently reached the same conclusion proves it to be true. Please do stick around and share more KLF stories, and did I read right that you also have an Ro80 and a Mazda Cosmo? I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd love to hear about those.

8 hours ago, Philmanns said:

There were a couple of releases of The Manual, I bought the original (A4) sized one at the time, then the later small one. The original ones can fetch quite a fair price. After the painting incident, I sold the majority of my valuable KLF collectibles and got around £100 for The Manual. 
I had a conversation with Cauty at a filming he screened at The Tate some years back. I was quite involved in the mashup scene when it was a big thing. I was telling him how their music and The Manual had inspired me and how much more difficult it must have been then before software like Ableton Live was around. I worked with another guy as Phil n’ Dog and our most successful creation turned out to be this:

It was only retrospectively that I realised the part that The Manual had played in the mashup scene.

No way! I hadn't long since passed my test when this came out and it featured heavily on my car tuuuunes, I must have had a CD with it on. Reminds me of bombing about in my Corolla Twincam!

9 hours ago, chaseracer said:

Do it.

9 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

Holy shit RHD and all, so you dont even have to rely on the screams of your passengers to let you know its not safe to overtake yet!

GIB!

(totaly worth* going into debt for!)

3 hours ago, Philmanns said:

That’s proper clean, and a fair bit of money too. I’ve never seen a RHD one before. 

It’s only £20,000. Crowdfund?

The Galaxie was sold new and built in Australia, hence RHD.

I found another one that is slightly* cheaper but the wrong colour.

75C8019C-BFDE-42C1-A55E-FEF76E34CAFF.jpeg.3d1d3b686f84aece7bac9e0c0e15c0a3.jpeg

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/1231540966?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=ios_VIP&utm_medium=social&utm_source=sms

11 hours ago, Philmanns said:

Amazing. I remember this being played in clubs all the time when I was a student. 

Possibly a tacky question but is it possible to make much money from something like that? Given you've got your own work in the mashup itself, plus the owners of the sampled works, plus the writers of the original songs, I'm picturing some record company lawyers working up a sweat over how to divide the royalties? Not at first I guess, but as soon as it became a hit? 

12 hours ago, Simon M said:

If I remember rightly, Doctorin' The Tardis was a massive hit in Germany, even though Doctor Who had never been shown there - James Last even covered it on one of his Non-Stop Dancing albums. 

Wait, James Last covered Doctorin the Tardis or the Doctor Who theme? I suppose either is definitely well into the field of "That's fucking weird".

12 hours ago, quicksilver said:

Just when we'd found out what happened to the car and the thread seemed to be dying out, it takes another twist and the owner of the replica joins in and revives it. Great to see you here @Philmanns and thanks for your input. In a way it's a shame we didn't know about each other's investigations as we could have worked together and avoided duplicating effort, but the fact we independently reached the same conclusion proves it to be true. Please do stick around and share more KLF stories, and did I read right that you also have an Ro80 and a Mazda Cosmo? I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd love to hear about those.

@quicksilverThanks. And yes, the findings were going to go up on Darren Tyler’s Ford Timelord blog. I chatted to Paul Bickers  in October 2018 and obtained a photo of him in Ford Timelord. We were waiting to get some more info from Paul and possibly the video before it went up on his blog. In the meantime this was going on here. Yes I do have Ro80’s and the Cosmo, and a few others, rotaries being a big interest of mine ?.

9 hours ago, Dan_ZTT said:

Amazing. I remember this being played in clubs all the time when I was a student. 

Possibly a tacky question but is it possible to make much money from something like that? Given you've got your own work in the mashup itself, plus the owners of the sampled works, plus the writers of the original songs, I'm picturing some record company lawyers working up a sweat over how to divide the royalties? Not at first I guess, but as soon as it became a hit? 

@Dan_ZTTIt possibly is but we didn’t unfortunately. We were paid a one off remix fee of £2K, my mate that edited the video made more out of it than we did. When it charted at No.3 I wished we’d pushed for a better deal! Never mind .

37 minutes ago, Mr_Bo11ox said:

Hey @Philmanns have you still got the Timelord? Or did you get rid of it after the gloss paint thing.

@Mr_Bo11ox Yes, still got it mate. Carried out a few jobs on it of late.

7 minutes ago, sdkrc said:

@MorrisItalSLX I've done a quick Google and can't find it, do you have a link?

https://myplatemaker.myplates.com.au/check/home

It should be noted that the plate is available in my location, the Australian state of New South Wales.

On 12/29/2019 at 10:14 AM, Philmanns said:

@quicksilverThanks. And yes, the findings were going to go up on Darren Tyler’s Ford Timelord blog. I chatted to Paul Bickers  in October 2018 and obtained a photo of him in Ford Timelord. We were waiting to get some more info from Paul and possibly the video before it went up on his blog. In the meantime this was going on here. Yes I do have Ro80’s and the Cosmo, and a few others, rotaries being a big interest of mine ?.

A bit slow perhaps but I've just realised you're that Phil Blake, the rotary engine guru who's been mentioned just about every time an Ro80 crops up in a thread here. I found an article about your Cosmo which answers something that's been in the back of my mind for ages: I remember visiting Ivan Dutton about 20 years ago and seeing his Cosmo, and often wondered what happened to it.

I have a lot of love for the Ro80 and have to agree with the judges at this year's Luton Festival of Transport. My Maxi was runner-up in the 1970s class but I didn't mind coming second to an Ro80 (HYW 330N, I guess you know it).

Hello chaps, after reading through this thread and a few other sites I found a video on Youtube of Surrey Street Rodders wheelsday 1985.  At 30.41 in the video it looks like the other Ford rolling out the gates from the show. Im pretty sure it must be the same car as the wheels, wing mirrors and front number plate placement are the same. 

9 hours ago, JB77 said:

Hello chaps, after reading through this thread and a few other sites I found a video on Youtube of Surrey Street Rodders wheelsday 1985.  At 30.41 in the video it looks like the other Ford rolling out the gates from the show. Im pretty sure it must be the same car as the wheels, wing mirrors and front number plate placement are the same. 

Wow, what a find! Kudos for spotting that!

16 hours ago, quicksilver said:

A bit slow perhaps but I've just realised you're that Phil Blake, the rotary engine guru who's been mentioned just about every time an Ro80 crops up in a thread here. I found an article about your Cosmo which answers something that's been in the back of my mind for ages: I remember visiting Ivan Dutton about 20 years ago and seeing his Cosmo, and often wondered what happened to it.

I have a lot of love for the Ro80 and have to agree with the judges at this year's Luton Festival of Transport. My Maxi was runner-up in the 1970s class but I didn't mind coming second to an Ro80 (HYW 330N, I guess you know it).

I didn’t know I’d been mentioned on here a lot but I guess that’s me then! I bought a very rusty Cosmo back in 89, I hadn’t done anything with it 11 years later when Ivan advertised his, so I decided to bite the bullet!

Glad to hear you have love for the Ro. People on forums still like to rant on about how unreliable they are etc etc but it really is not the case. So it’s nice to hear some positivity. Yes I know HYW, I’ve worked on it in the past. Very nice car.

13 hours ago, JB77 said:

I watched that right through last night,as I think I was there & thought I might see myself.No luck,but a great video anyway.Thanks for posting ?

hahha, ace - welcome to the surreal world of AS.

Could you image any 'celeb' doing a banger race appearance now...

Right, off to my childhood council garage haunt where is is a 500 in white parked rotting away. I'm sure it's still there....