Ford timelord

Bren

This made me dig out my old copy of Chillout and Space by the KLF which I always thought was a later album as it started with the Justified and Ancient music:

https://youtu.be/bWebqCRw7o4

But it seems that it was released in 1990 and its actually a sample from their 1987 Justified Ancients of Mu Mu album What the fuck is going on. 

https://youtu.be/bWebqCRw7o4

And then it turns out Space isn't even a KLF album but was done by Cauty when he was in the Orb, it seems I have a bootleg. 

Not really relevant to the thread as theres no Timelords in it but thats my own little KLF (and slight Orb) based investigation which took a few minutes on Monday evening. 

so Doctorin' in the tardis has grown on me, and as with any song I discover I like I play it on repeat until the heat death of the universe

anyways it got me wondering, the siren you hear in it, is that from the Ford timelord is it just some sort of random siren dubbed over?

did the Ford timelord actually have a functioning siren?

imagine the hilarity of trying to fit the Ford timelord into a recording booth :mrgreen:

2 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

so Doctorin' in the tardis has grown on me, and as with any song I discover I like I play it on repeat until the heat death of the universe

anyways it got me wondering, the siren you hear in it, is that from the Ford timelord is it just some sort of random siren dubbed over?

The siren heard in Doctorin' the Tardis song is part of the sample from the 1973 song by Sweet called 'Blockbuster' which the base riff of the song sample is also used.

Doctorin the Tardis is made up several different samples all mashed into one which include; The original Dr Who theme tune, Sweets' Blockbuster and sadly a song by Gary Glitter.

3 hours ago, Philmanns said:

I don’t know, but mine has! It sounds like the one in the track.

Oh very cool I was wondering if WGU18E had one too do you have any videos on WGU18E?

would be awesome to see it on video :) 

would also be cool to see a @dollywobbler video on WGU18E too!

44 minutes ago, Lord Sterling said:

The siren heard in Doctorin' the Tardis song is part of the sample from the 1973 song by Sweet called 'Blockbuster' which the base riff of the song sample is also used.

Doctorin the Tardis is made up several different samples all mashed into one which include; The original Dr Who theme tune, Sweets' Blockbuster and sadly a song by Gary Glitter.

ah interesting thanks for the info :) (I knew it was a mash up didn't realise even the siren was from another song!)

5 hours ago, Lord Sterling said:

Rock n Roll part II was the Glitter track.

They did a version of the track with Gary Glitter vocals called “Gary in the Tardis” too. Gary Glitter joins the JAMs!

After they released this track they did a book called “The Manual” (How to have a Number One the easy way) which gives a step by step guide on how to do just that, with a money-back guarantee.  I've got a copy of the text at work, i’ll paste it here if anyone wants to read it?

Clearing out some old vinyl from my parents place earlier,

80AD068D-98D3-4994-AB5E-F060DB504E8B.thumb.jpeg.c13fa305184fdaf1212933c54b3d6793.jpeg

Guess who’s on the second disc?

E69146C3-C594-4416-9830-BA8B47DA208A.thumb.jpeg.be9a7a33bc99f06df5ba95d841692669.jpeg

Apologies for the crap photo of a crap photo. As a 9 year old I wondered why there was only the one blue light in the grille. 

I once found a website owned by Gary Glitters backing band (the Glitterband) as they had a shit load of t-shirts they suddenly couldn't shift. I was looking for some PWEI shirts at thr time, honest. This random site popped up guv.

Anyhow, I posted it onto B3TA and got an email forwarded onto me from the head of the band thanking me for emptying his garage. 

I actually saw someone wearing one once at the Big Chill festival. Stayed away from him, fucking hipster. 

3 minutes ago, mk2_craig said:

80AD068D-98D3-4994-AB5E-F060DB504E8B.thumb.jpeg.c13fa305184fdaf1212933c54b3d6793.jpeg

E69146C3-C594-4416-9830-BA8B47DA208A.thumb.jpeg.be9a7a33bc99f06df5ba95d841692669.jpeg

Apologies for the crap photo of a crap photo. As a 9 year old I wondered why there was only the one blue light in the grille. 

ohh cool interesting to see WGU18G on a different/show number plate

pretty sure every pic etc iv seen of it has it wearing WGU18G?

1 hour ago, mk2_craig said:

I had the VHS of this very album. As well as ford timelord's antics it had Sabrina. With careful pausing you could see her nipples.

87434151-33A4-4A43-B460-92ADAA67C059.thumb.png.9a5a89670ece85c00246ade1e2abcd0a.png

These keep just popping up near me, but I manage to find one excuse or another as to why it’s not a good idea. 

This one is 5 hrs drive away. That’s just too far (I must keep telling myself). There’s one much closer, good runner and driver, but that’s $5k and the wrong colour...

The Timelords earned a slot on the Christmas 1988 episode of Top Of The Pops, which unfortunately featured G. Glitter Esq from halfway through a remixed version of Doctorin The Tardis. I’d never managed to find this online, but very recently discovered that an uncut version has been uploaded: 

Ford Timelord conspicuously absent. 

Can’t remember if this was posted before. There’s a fair bit of Timelord footage. Painted white at the end.

So tanks got mentioned a couple of times in this thread. There was always a massive bright yellow tank parked up in a front garden at the back end of Brixton. Sometimes it was painted pink. Sometimes used to see it out on the road. Wrong end of Brixton to be near Trancentral which was in Stockwell? Was this anything to do with them?

23 hours ago, jonny69 said:

So tanks got mentioned a couple of times in this thread. There was always a massive bright yellow tank parked up in a front garden at the back end of Brixton. Sometimes it was painted pink. Sometimes used to see it out on the road. Wrong end of Brixton to be near Trancentral which was in Stockwell? Was this anything to do with them?

There was a builder named John Gladden in Thornton Heath (where I lived at the time) that had a tank. He had a long running dispute with the police and left it outside South Norwood Police Station with a giant Pig and Policeman on it. I think that got painted a variety of colours so maybe this was the one you saw? It was often seen driving around. 

35 minutes ago, MorrisItalSLX said:

The temptation is real, gents.

AD61E8E0-9684-4425-8CE8-DDEA698AEE50.thumb.jpeg.42be68e6dc425668f45b279cb3582d6b.jpeg

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1968-Ford-Galaxie-500-Auto/SSE-AD-6367634

And to make matters worse, the number plate WGU18G is available.

Holy shit RHD and all, so you dont even have to rely on the screams of your passengers to let you know its not safe to overtake yet!

GIB!

(totaly worth* going into debt for!)

On 12/24/2019 at 11:17 PM, Rod/b said:

They did a version of the track with Gary Glitter vocals called “Gary in the Tardis” too. Gary Glitter joins the JAMs!After they released this track they did a book called “The Manual” (How to have a Number One the easy way) which gives a step by step guide on how to do just that, with a money-back guarantee.  I've got a copy of the text at work, i’ll paste it here if anyone wants to read it?

There were a couple of releases of The Manual, I bought the original (A4) sized one at the time, then the later small one. The original ones can fetch quite a fair price. After the painting incident, I sold the majority of my valuable KLF collectibles and got around £100 for The Manual. 
I had a conversation with Cauty at a filming he screened at The Tate some years back. I was quite involved in the mashup scene when it was a big thing. I was telling him how their music and The Manual had inspired me and how much more difficult it must have been then before software like Ableton Live was around. I worked with another guy as Phil n’ Dog and our most successful creation turned out to be this:

It was only retrospectively that I realised the part that The Manual had played in the mashup scene.