Autoshite's official for sale/wanted thread

Slartibartfast

What's the maximum loading weight of this so called toilet?

I provided the link  ..didn't you follow it to ebay ?  It tells you  . . .

Product Specification:

• One Porta Potti 165 Portable Flushing Toilet
  • Incredibly convenient portable toilet
  • Simple to use flushing mechanism
  • Ideal for those that have limited access to household toilet
  • Minimises need to empty commode pan
  • Made from robust engineering plastic
  • Comfortable and stylish
  • Height: 414mm (16.25")
  • Width: 383mm (15")
  • Depth: 427mm (16.75")
  • Toilet weight: 3.9 kgs (8.5 lbs)
  • Maximum user weight: 120 kgs (19 st)

Holding tank capacity is 15 ltrs.  and to fill that in one go ..well   . . .  :shock:

SOLD on e-bay (same evening as listed)

I provided the link ..didn't you follow it to ebay ? It tells you . . .

Product Specification:

• One Porta Potti 165 Portable Flushing Toilet
  • Incredibly convenient portable toilet
  • Simple to use flushing mechanism
  • Ideal for those that have limited access to household toilet
  • Minimises need to empty commode pan
  • Made from robust engineering plastic
  • Comfortable and stylish
  • Height: 414mm (16.25")
  • Width: 383mm (15")
  • Depth: 427mm (16.75")
  • Toilet weight: 3.9 kgs (8.5 lbs)
  • Maximum user weight: 120 kgs (19 st)
Holding tank capacity is 15 ltrs. and to fill that in one go ..well . . . :shock:

Sorry. I'd have been all over this but I weigh 22 stone and would hate to suffer a repeat of what the Yorkshire Air Ambulance refer to as the 'narrowboat incident'.

Any interest in an elderly and rather tired LDV 400 chassis cab? We've had it since 2003 and it's been used sporadically as a handy thing for lugging stuff. It's been well treated for most of its life (a glance at the MOT history should confirm that it's done not bad)  but there is only so much you can do to keep rust at bay. It had the cab inner steps completely rebuilt a few years back but the door bottoms, wings and bonnet are getting frilly. What has put the tin lid on it, however, is that something has gone wrong on the engine (it's the Pug one) that means it is blowing a lot of white, oily smoke. After 15 years or so there is little desire to go looking for the problem and tart up the bodywork yet again.

MOT'd until the end(ish) of May. Nice thing is that is has an almost brand new rear axle complete with an LSD. It will come as a chassis cab because the flatbed and tail lift will be going on the new(er) one. Mileage is a bit over 107K.

Little Blue Truck sitting in the winter sun this morning. Flatbed body and tail lift not included, remember.

47164545562_56e3b6988b_z.jpg

However...

47164545492_aefafcd16a_z.jpg

and...

47164545422_00301a4ba4_z.jpg

It feels like kicking a faithful dog to weigh it in if someone else thinks they can make use of it. It's not very far from Alloa.

shit if I was in a better situation id be all over that :)

love vans like that and would be a hoot to bomb around in (especially being LSD with no weight over the back end)

and I imagine its getting near the thin end before prices of these sorta things start going up

(just look at CF Vans for examples)

plus it would be ideal for hauling an invacar (and other shite) home, and if anyone complains about said invacar: "its parked on the van m8 not the public highway"  :mrgreen:

(I wonder how viable that would be Captain 70s...)

I don't know what ratio it was but I might be able to find out. I think - think- that this age of LDV used BL parts. This is the one with the Peugeot dismal engine in it.

They look like transit 6 stud rims - if it is the transit axle with a decent ratio i.e. 4.63 or faster then it's worth serious coin on it's own as they are rocking horse poo! Does it have power steering?

If you have the space I would be inclined to hold on to it for a few years - prices of them are beginning to rise along with the value of decent mk3 transits. Film work would be a possibility..

THOR Hammer for sale.  Excellent Nylon-faced for knock-on wire wheels. .

See my ebay listing < here >

Nylon Heavy Duty - 3lb in weight (approx)

THE very best hammer for classic and sportscar wire-wheels

Bought from Ken Jenkins, Carlton Auto Ltd just a few years ago when I had a 1966 S-Type 3.8 with wires.

It cost over £30 with postage.

As the man says " For tightening your wire wheels to the correct torque.

When the wheels are tight the splines on the wheels and hubs will last for years ! "

Present condition :  Used ..a couple of times only.

£20 + £8.50 p&p., or else collect from Ipswich

s-l1600.jpg

Jag Mk2, s-Type, Xj6 clutch is about to be listed. And also a camshaft setting tool (..which is not the same as the above !  :mrgreen: ).

Bfg ;)

Clutch 9-1/2" for Classic Jaguar 3.8, 4.2, E-Type S-Type, etc. Probably is a HK.9702

See my ebay listing < here >   now SOLD

Bought from Ken Jenkins, Carlton Auto Ltd just a few years ago when I had a 3.8ltr 1966 S-Type.  Prior to my ownership, that car had been converted from automatic to manual with overdrive ..and the transmission fitted was from a 4.2 XJ6.  This clutch was bought new to be fitted when I had that gearbox rebuilt. However the existing clutch was clearly almost new, and so this one ended up on my shelf.

If I recall correctly the three piece set cost over £275 with postage.

The pressure plate / diaphragm then is new, but it has been in storage (..see photos / read on).

The clutch friction plate and the trust bearing are each used ..but as you can see hardly worn. (..see photos

The pressure plate got wet when the garage leaked, but I hadn't realised it until slight damage was done.  It was sitting with a piece of paper across its face between it and the friction plate ..seemingly capillary action drew water across it. And there it sat until surface corrosion settled in.  I've clean it up with a rotary wire brush, but you can see in the photos how the steel pitted.  It's not deep and I'm sure would not be an issue at all (..after all cars which have been sitting, their rusty clutches work fine again after bedding in).  But it is clearly visible and so knocks a big chunk off the price. Unfortunate for me, but hopefully a bargain for you.  Personally (and as an engineer) I'd have no issue with using it, but the choice is yours. 

£75 + £8.50 p&p., or else collect from Ipswich

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Anyone interested in something to put your burning vehicle, house, hedge, garage, tent, etc, out ?

Step this way for an answer to all your burning dreams, or nightmares probably.

Ideal for saving nuns and kittens in Zafira's. Get them while they're hot.

A fine selection of Brylands best water and carbon dioxide fire killers.

2kg carbon dioxide jobbies £15.

6 litre watery jobs £15.

9 litre very wet t-shirt styleez £20.

All in the green zone on the dial.

Feast your eyes on these nun savers.

post-20317-0-67972400-1551216255_thumb.jpg

post-20317-0-43871400-1551216313_thumb.jpg

post-20317-0-91010100-1551216370_thumb.jpg

Collection or shitely only as I reckon the postage would be a LOT.

Anyone interested in something to put your burning vehicle, house, hedge, garage, tent, etc, out ?

Step this way for an answer to all your burning dreams, or nightmares probably.

Ideal for saving nuns and kittens in Zafira's. Get them while they're hot.

A fine selection of Brylands best water and carbon dioxide fire killers.

2kg carbon dioxide jobbies £15.

6 litre watery jobs £15.

9 litre very wet t-shirt styleez £20.

All in the green zone on the dial.

Feast your eyes on these nun savers.

DSC00119.JPG

DSC00120.JPG

DSC00121.JPG

Collection or shitely only as I reckon the postage would be a LOT.

Where abouts are you if I suddenly have a burning desire to need one ?

WANTED 

Mrs Rocker and I collect old b/w photographs of the 1950-1965ish period.  If anybody has any to sell or dispose of please PM me!  

It's the family snap type we are after - fashion, weddings, cars, houses, interiors, street scenes, prams etc.   

Single photos or whole albums.... 

Thank you