Autoshite's official for sale/wanted thread

Slartibartfast

I need space in my garage so that I can work on/break for parts my Corsa.

Located near Cumbernauld.

Free: Brand new Valeo Renault Megane Radiatior. Bought for my Megane MK1 but it was too wide. If anyone is interested I will get the part number from the box tomorrow.

Black and Decker Small angle grinder. Only used a handful of times, then it just stopped working. It's not the fuse but I have read somewhere that it's some sort of simple fix, not one I can be arsed with.

Every issue of Popular Classics from January 1990 until the last issue in June 1996. As this is a NLA publication, I wanted to keep them but they are just sitting there getting in my way. All excellent condition.

Shortened GMax front dampers for a Corsa B. Work fine, just some surface corrosion.

15 inch Vectra B LS wheel trims. A few light scuffs in all of them but no gouges or cracks.

Standard Corsa B grille and plastic scuttle panel, mint condition.

It's this one.attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Slightly longer than it is wide.

Then I'm interested! Two things I need to confirm first:

1) If my incoming ZT is missing the undertray (will be picking it up next week)

2) When I can get up to you.

If you need it gone in a hurry, no harm done. But if it's still here in a few days, I'll let you know.

The Hiace has a pair of dash-mounted speakers which appear perfectly intact but sound fairly awful, music sounds tinny and they cannot cope with any sort of base whatsoever.  I'm no audiophile but some sort of upgrade would be in order so I can listen to music without the buzzing and droning noises.  They're 4 inch 10w ones, anyone got anything knocking about that would do the job?  I do realise that being screwed to the plastic panel under the dash means they will never sound amazing but anything would be an improvement.

They're like this if that helps, probably bog standard Toyota ones used in various models at the time I'd assume, hopefully any number of aftermarket ones might fit but this is uncharted territory for me so I've no real idea.

$_35.JPG

August 1973 Audi 80 brochure, 32 pages, covers a bit worn, some writing on the front, a few odd marks on a couple of pages.  Anyone want it for £2 posted?  I'll also throw in a May 1974 Audi/NSU price list, good condition.

post-20295-0-63138700-1499076231_thumb.jpgpost-20295-0-97128800-1499076286_thumb.jpg

The Hiace has a pair of dash-mounted speakers which appear perfectly intact but sound fairly awful, music sounds tinny and they cannot cope with any sort of base whatsoever.  I'm no audiophile but some sort of upgrade would be in order so I can listen to music without the buzzing and droning noises.  They're 4 inch 10w ones, anyone got anything knocking about that would do the job?  I do realise that being screwed to the plastic panel under the dash means they will never sound amazing but anything would be an improvement.

They're like this if that helps, probably bog standard Toyota ones used in various models at the time I'd assume, hopefully any number of aftermarket ones might fit but this is uncharted territory for me so I've no real idea.

$_35.JPG

Yes, I have some that would be suitable I suspect. I have 2x 4" JL Audio C400x speakers which look like this:

post-5525-0-08123000-1499094462_thumb.jpg

I have a pair of these, believed working. They have been in my shed for about 6 months after i scrapped the car they were destined for. Yours for the cost of postage as a donation to the forum kitty.

I have a mate possibly needing to purchase a good used alternator for a 2002 Astra diseasel. Anyone have one?

May just be a fucked battery, I haven't tried a multimeter on it yet as it's miles away.

Don't need an Astra alternator now.

Mate solved the problem himself by buying an 09 Audi TT quattro instead. Astra has gone to the bridge already. He'd actually went to view a Shogun. His Missus is very happy now.

I need space in my garage so that I can work on/break for parts my Corsa.

Located near Cumbernauld.

Free: Brand new Valeo Renault Megane Radiatior. Bought for my Megane MK1 but it was too wide. If anyone is interested I will get the part number from the box tomorrow.

Black and Decker Small angle grinder. Only used a handful of times, then it just stopped working. It's not the fuse but I have read somewhere that it's some sort of simple fix, not one I can be arsed with.

Every issue of Popular Classics from January 1990 until the last issue in June 1996. As this is a NLA publication, I wanted to keep them but they are just sitting there getting in my way. All excellent condition.

Shortened GMax front dampers for a Corsa B. Work fine, just some surface corrosion.

15 inch Vectra B LS wheel trims. A few light scuffs in all of them but no gouges or cracks.

Standard Corsa B grille and plastic scuttle panel, mint condition.

Long shot but, I'd be willing to pay postage for the practical classics mags..

Does anyone have a use for the following: Pick up from Glasgow only, mega cheap.

1x brand new Rovelo budget tyre in 195/55/16 87H size, bought to use on a spare alloy for my Corsa which came with an inflation kit from new, but ended up buying an alloy with a new tyre already fitted. £20

1x brand new genuine GM part, Vauxhall Astra H/MK5 5 door rear bumper, its still in the GM brown wrapping with part number stamped on it, its in factory primer and obviously being brand new its perfect condition, it was bought for my old Astra H because I cracked the rear bumper on it, but the car was written off before I ever got round to having this painted and fitted, it cost me £300-odd from a Vauxhall dealer, and will only fit the following models: 2.0 Turbo Design, 1.6 and 1.9 CDTI SXi, 1.8, 1.9 CDTi and 1.6/2.0 Turbo SRI models. Basically it will fit all 5 door models but this has the cut out for the visible stainless exhaust tail pipe that only the above models came standard with and also the notches to fit the black plastic diffuser these models came with, the other engines and specs had no cut outs, so on any of them the pea shooter exhaust would be visible and a gap where the oval exhaust tail pipe should exit. £40 takes it.

I could probably meet within reason for extra £££ for fuel. or infact if anyone wants to meet within reason for either, in lieu of fuel money, stick a donation to the site instead. 

Yes, I have some that would be suitable I suspect. I have 2x 4" JL Audio C400x speakers which look like this:

msg-5525-0-98873200-1497474372.jpg

I have a pair of these, believed working. They have been in my shed for about 6 months after i scrapped the car they were destined for. Yours for the cost of postage as a donation to the forum kitty.

Thank you! PM incoming.

Mk 1 Metro rear steel bumper
£10
Hednesford

New/old stock, black, a small dent by one of the light holes, a few scuffs on the outside, some minor surface rust on the inside and one mounting bracket slightly distorted , collect from Hednesford WS 12 area or I may be able to take it to Greasy Lill's for relay, or pack it for courier of your choice.

The attach files won't download my pics, anyone interested pm me an email addy.

***UPDATED***

Some local mentalist is freecycling a triumph stag automatic gearbox. I have never owned a stag, I have no intention of ever owning a stag, especially an automatic one. Naturally I have emailed them to ask when i can pick it up.

See pics below, it is a Borg-Warner Model 65 autobox from a Triumph Stag. The old boy getting rid has had it in his shed for about 5 years after they swapped out the autobox for a manual one instead. He says the box was reconditioned about 2000 miles before they swapped it out and the clean red ATF seems to indicate he may not have been lying.

post-5525-0-16347000-1499282821_thumb.jpg

post-5525-0-94111500-1499282828_thumb.jpg

post-5525-0-77189900-1499282849_thumb.jpg

post-5525-0-49245100-1499282863_thumb.jpg

post-5525-0-31581000-1499282872_thumb.jpg

I've given it a quick clean off with a paintbrush and a rag and the ally looks in good shape. There are no leaks. The box turns and all gears engage when I adjust the lever manually. I *think* its 3-speed with park, neutral and reverse but will look again tomorrow when I have some more time.

Is anyone interested/in need? Its less heavy than I thought, probably 30-40kg? Located on the south coast, between Portsmouth and Southampton - but could feasibly be moved to Suffolk, or Southwest London (or places on the way) within the next 8 weeks

post-5525-0-94089100-1499282837_thumb.jpg

A long shot indeed however does anyone have or know of an OEM exhaust middle section to suit my 1991 E32 735i that doesn't cost the same as the car is worth?

As much as the old bus sounds fantastic and the exhaust note is akin to a Lancaster bomber, I don't think my neighbours are too pleased when I leave for work at 0545 each morning.

Would anyone like a free 1984 Honda Vision?

Before you get too excited, there are some caveats;

It is a field bike. The previous keeper stripped it back to bare minimum needed to run so lots of the wiring and "bodywork" is missing. It's had a mod to raise the rear suspension but this is reversible in about 3 minutes.

However, it runs and has been 100% reliable as a means of pottering around shows and terrorising the local wildlife in the field behind my house. I have ridden it when in my friend's possession and mine for probably 15 years, and it just works. The only fault I've had is that crap from the fuel tank blocks the outlet occasionally. I took the tank off and cleaned it but obviously didn't do a very good job as it still happens sometimes. You remove the pipe, blow up it, put it back and continue on your way.

35697850065_d9509b0ff8_k.jpgPhone020_zps12ab0867 by Me, on Flickr

34913509734_ee3a02ced2_b.jpgFielding222_zps2bbacd2f by Me, on Flickr

35754775005_d84a6e7194_b.jpgFielding153_zps1ff47c8b by Me, on Flickr

It has to go by the end of September as we have to move and I don't think I'll have anywhere to store the poor thing. I don't want to give it to the pikeys so you can have it for free if you collect it - Rushden, right near Santa Pod.

Would anyone like a free 1984 Honda Vision?

Before you get too excited, there are some caveats;

It is a field bike. The previous keeper stripped it back to bare minimum needed to run so lots of the wiring and "bodywork" is missing. It's had a mod to raise the rear suspension but this is reversible in about 3 minutes.

However, it runs and has been 100% reliable as a means of pottering around shows and terrorising the local wildlife in the field behind my house. I have ridden it when in my friend's possession and mine for probably 15 years, and it just works. The only fault I've had is that crap from the fuel tank blocks the outlet occasionally. I took the tank off and cleaned it but obviously didn't do a very good job as it still happens sometimes. You remove the pipe, blow up it, put it back and continue on your way.

35697850065_d9509b0ff8_k.jpgPhone020_zps12ab0867 by Me, on Flickr

34913509734_ee3a02ced2_b.jpgFielding222_zps2bbacd2f by Me, on Flickr

35754775005_d84a6e7194_b.jpgFielding153_zps1ff47c8b by Me, on Flickr

It has to go by the end of September as we have to move and I don't think I'll have anywhere to store the poor thing. I don't want to give it to the pikeys so you can have it for free if you collect it - Rushden, right near Santa Pod.

That looks good and yes I would like it. I even have a van to collect it and a field to run it in.

Well as that went so quickly, how about something even more shiterer - 

That 100cc twist 'n' go in the first picture was going to become a mountain bike/scooter hybrid, as doing 60MPH through a corn field on the standard machine wasn't dangerous enough for me. It now exists as all the mechanical and electrical components, minus the frame, handlebars and forks. It was dismantled so as to leave everything connected to lessen confusion when amalgamating the two machines but essentially I guess it's a pile of spare parts. The clutch was on its last legs, these are about £30 on eBay. A few plastic bits were damaged during its excursions through the field as 2001 scooters are far less suited to this kind of (ab)use as ones from 1984 but it all worked.

You want it, come and get it - or this really will be given to our Transit flatbed driving friends.

Then;

35658742946_61aed1bcb3_k.jpgPhone018_zpsd8c0ea9a by Me, on Flickr

Now;

35623645621_00ac2b68bf_k.jpg20170706_123034 by Me, on Flickr

(dog included)

34913950644_6ed32f52c8_k.jpg20170706_123240 by Me, on Flickr

34913951444_8189b05e0d_k.jpg20170706_123234 by Me, on Flickr

34913952154_4aa36c929e_k.jpg20170706_123224 by Me, on Flickr

I even might make you a cup of tea but you'll have to mow the lawn.

*edit* the rear (and only) tyre's new as the old one was bald, and died during a heroic fire burnout.

Does anyone want a free AC recharge?

I ordered a Groupon one from ATS but the vel satis has a leak somewhere. None of the other cars have a/c (that works)

Needs to be used by 2nd August.

PM if you want it