so what car stuff you got on your xmas list??

stuboy

Sent these to the missus..

I'd skip all the other presents (to make the budget stretch) and go for this jack:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F171028680739

Quite a few on here have this exact model of jack and its excellent. Literally the only jack you ever will need.

It goes under pretty low, while being to jack the car up around half a metre. I had a Lidl jack like the RAC one in your link and while its ok, it's not a patch on the SGS. Given me loads more confidence when jacking stuff up. Not least that I can get it high enough to easily put stands under at a reasonable height.

My only complaints I guess would be that it's freaking heavy (30kg ish) and so quite a thing to lug out of my garage everytime I use it. But then that is what makes it so stable when using. Would also wish it had quick pump up when no load. They do a fast lift one (as Noel posted) but looses a bit on the lift height. I'd much rather have the extra lift height and just have to pump a couple of times more. However both are minor criticisms on an excellent jack.

This gives you an idea on the size difference between the generic 2 tonne jacks like the Aldi and that RAC one VS the SGS 3 tonner. The SGS makes the other look like a toy.

38e2290355de0bd9575b22fe37fc1d2a.jpg

f73bd7997c9677301b79bdf6fa768e19.jpg

e8db1aca7f630a665920b47412ca58b3.jpg

Certainly is on the top five best ever car tool purchases I have made.

the one i posted is £20 cheaper @ £69.98 including the rubber pad if cost is a limiting factor and double pump

sic's one is £ 89.98 plus £8.39 for the pad

mine is 130mm- 465mm height

sic's is 145mm- 520mm height

if you only need/want a 2 tonne jack they got 3 between £20- £36

the one i posted is £20 cheaper @ £69.98 including the rubber pad if cost is a limiting factor and double pump

sic's one is £ 89.98 plus £8.39 for the pad

mine is 130mm- 465mm height

sic's is 145mm- 520mm height

if you only need/want a 2 tonne jack they got 3 between £20- £36

The one I posted came with a rubber pad. I assumed it didn't and ordered one. I now have two pads! But yeah like I said, the extra 20quid is worth it for that extra 7cm of lift.

Now that I'm getting to be a knackered out grumpy old git, I wouldn't mind a portable electric compressor with some air ratchets.

I think the likelihood of that is about the same as getting a wank off of the pope.

There's an evil part of me that wants to suggest in the light of some of the revelations of goings-on that might be quite likely.  But I'd better not.