Dollywobbler's Skoda Pogweasel Debadged One Heck of an Estate

dollywobbler

Despite your understandable frustration it looks much much better than it did. Yet another highly entertaining video because I've been there so often myself. I once had a regal red Rapid on which the (original but crap) paint was equally faded. Absolutely nothing would restore it despite hours and hours spent on it. My (red) Octavia is now turning slightly pink. Have had a go at claybar-ing a couple of areas. It's made sod all difference.

Anyway 10/10 for effort and perseverance. It's great that the Favorit is getting so much love.

Oh the clock! how could I forget!

dollywobblers reaction to the Tesla branded clock made me grin no end

because Tesla was a major lightbulb manufacture in Czechoslovakia :mrgreen:

Pretty much everything electrical in Czechoslovakia was made by Tesla. If you find a 30yr old telly / radio or even a cooker in CZ it's pretty much always Tesla branded.

Even things like four post ramps.

Yeah, I'm realising it really isn't that bad today. Just keep your distance!

It looks eleventy hundred times better than it did before. It's got a soft sheen now!

It's also great to see the wax at work mekaing all the water bead up and run off. It should help it hold for a little while longer.

I'm never detailing estates unless I have to. The only thing on the V70 I treat is the blotchy bonnet where some tree sap lifted the laquer and paint. Not nice.

Fuel filter. You know what? Favour time!

Dw3UUoSXcAExU2t.jpg

Because it's buried here.

Dw3UVbWXQAAj1Lc.jpg

Four post-lift makes this a LOT easier. Heat shield removed for better access and my mate Phil got the trickle of fuel down the arm.

Old filter had nasty brown ick coming out of it. I'm sure it feels a bit better to drive now.

Thanks. Looks like that's what was used originally as there were some remnants on the back of the badges. They'd obviously been off for the crappy respray, then Sikaflexed back on. Will be a bit of a faff, as the tape needs cutting to fit each letter, but no biggy. Have just ordered up some silver touch-up paint so I can spruce the badges up a bit before refitting. Next challenge is getting them in the right place...

I use this for re-attaching badges at work.

https://eshop.wurth.co.uk/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/3108-B1-Site/en_GB/-/GBP/ViewModelDetail-ShowRecommendedModel?CatalogCategoryID=kIQKD92eOX8AAAFRXQ0tfOi4&CampaignName=CS002&RecoId=box1@modelldetailpageA

Just peel off one backing strip press the cleaned badge onto the sticky side firmly, then peel the badge off of the sheet and stick it to the car.

No messing around cutting tape round letters and all that rubbish.

Quick easy and effective.

i don't believe Wurth sell to the public so if you are interested in trying it and can't get hold of any, drop me your address and ill post you a couple to try.

Ben

Looks like that would be good for number plates too Ben...

I think the number plate tape is more suitable due to the weight of a number plate but I haven't actually tried this for that.

This stuff is more like a strong glue on a shiny paper so when you press the badge onto it and then peel the badge off, it covers the back of the badge in the adhesive.

It's perfect for individual letters because it saves cutting the tape to suit and I hate doing that because I am lazy and it's fiddly. :lol:

What's best for reattaching badges? I'd rather avoid Sikaflex, as that stuff was EVIL to remove.

DxHrYacXQAAoSV-.jpg

Sikaflex usually comes of with very little resistance using a toffee wheel but it's perhaps a bit excessive for sticking a badge on TBH.

3M double sided tape is probably best, it's cheap, easily accessed and more than up to the job.

Today, I took the Pogwagon for a trip to Gwynedd to meet up with Squire Dawson and play with some of his fleet. Videos to come on those. For reason I don't fully understand, we also transferred a safe from one vehicle to another. He assured me he had purchased it, but perhaps I should have worn gloves.

He told me to drive through Happy Valley on the way back. I can see why.

DxhxtxdXQAIE5-5.jpg

Oh and the odometer is still working! She's just over 200 miles now.

• 2 weeks later...