Dollywobbler's Skoda Pogweasel Debadged One Heck of an Estate

dollywobbler

I think I'm fast learning to regard any mileage figure on these cars with a considerable pinch of salt.

Anyway, off to the local garage in the morning to get the front end clonk looked at. It seems to be getting worse and the weather has been so epically shit this week that there's no chance of having a look at it on my driveway. Then, further weekend plans revolve around either mopping it if the weather is up to it (and my clay bar arrives in time, what have I become?!) or trying to get at the odometer if the weather is crap.

More mouth noise.

Sorry.

throughly enjoyed that video, you certainly chucked it into those corners with some confidence! :)

especially enjoyed the camera angle on the driving parts, Might just be me, but when im in a car with someone else I like to watch what all the gauges do and how they drive :)

I remember when these came out and there was quite a bit of surprise when the consensus was that they were rather good, and great value for money. How's it looking underneath, seems remarkably rust free? I like the look of the estate version over the hatch and it will come up a treat when polished.

especially enjoyed the camera angle on the driving parts, Might just be me, but when im in a car with someone else I like to watch what all the gauges do and how they drive :)

Highly agree with Mr Lightbulb's, err, illuminating comment. Great angle, going uphill out of Aber at speed - some of the best in car footage you've had on the channel.

Thanks chaps. I thought it worked well. Had to buy yet another sodding in-car mount to make it possible! External mic essential too.

Went down the local garage earlier, but they sadly found that the knocking from the front end appears to be the rack. At least it looks easy to access and replace - with a four-post lift at least.

47579824_10156963964098200_5905238650819

Seems bloody good under there. Which is nice. Fuel lines a little crusty, so really does drive home that it needs rust protecting.

Then I went to visit friends, who are also stuck in the 1990s. They also own a ZX estate.

Dt0oBP_XQAAxJKf.jpg

That highlights the INSANITY of post-2001 plates on a 1994 car. More expenditure then!

had good success with a clay mit for lightweight cleaning

https://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-cleaning/clay-bars-detailing-products/farecla-g3-body-prep-clay-mitt

however I have not done a pogw car yet....

Halford price is looking like like a bit of a rip off. The official website states the price is only £12.99

https://www.farecla.com/new-g3-body-prep-clay-mitt/

Hmm, I think I may need a new thermostat.

My temp gauge sits here in normal driving.

post-20743-0-38978300-1544302846_thumb.jpg

And the heater is no more than adequate. The Felicia sits up near the red like yours and the heater is lovely. I think it is supposed to be nearer top than bottom.

Hmm, I think I may need a new thermostat.

My temp gauge sits here in normal driving.

attachicon.gifIMG_20181208_141629.jpg

And the heater is no more than adequate. The Felicia sits up near the red like yours and the heater is lovely. I think it is supposed to be nearer top than bottom.

I think it should be in the middle really! Hopefully tomorrow I can get the dash apart and try to find out what's what.

Sounds good, wax provided the car is good should help greatly.  Using it will also help, seen many shells that died from standing still.  Most of the rot in my Granada was caused by sitting still for years.  

Look forward to more vids.  I always liked the Favorit, especially the estate, just something about the slightly weird styling that appeals to me.  Probably the same reason why I like the Logan MCV.

Thanks. It's a worry, trying to keep it so nice. So, I've booked it in with Krown Rustproofing next Friday. I could well be clocking up some serious miles in it after Christmas.

Good call. I've been down to Krown with a couple of cars over the last few months. Feels good to know there is some decent protection against the winter salt.

is the normal section of the gauge the solid white area?

When you look at it like that, it makes sense. But that also means the 'normal' goes right up to the start of the OMGHGF section which seems a bit weird.

The red bit we understand, the rest seems to be a random selection of lines and shapes.

As predicted, the weather was grim. Mopping out of the question, so it was odometer time! Getting it out of the car was easy. Making this mess was easy.

Dt-Qv69XgAAtYOh.jpg

The problem is that shaft that I'm holding (oo-er). The thinner cog should turn with the shaft, but it was just spinning. So, I reassembled it all (WHAT A BALLACHE), got some glue on a cocktail stick and smeared it on the inside of that cog, then reassembled. 

Then I realised that some bulbs were out. So, I went for a drive.

Dt-1rduWsAA73tz.jpg

I saw a G-Wagen.

Dt-xG-TWkAESdyD.jpg

I got HORRIBLY RIPPED OFF by BASTARD HALFORDS. £1.50 each for tiny bloody dashboard bulbs. Arseholes. Given how easy it is to get the dash out, maybe I should have just ordered some online.

Still, it was a nice drive. Apart from the stormy weather.

The end result is good though. I reset the mileage, but clocked up 100 miles testing that the cog would now hold. I refitted it all and went for a four mile drive. 

Dt_JPVqXgAAQB_0.jpg

HOORAH!

Blimey, your a braver man than me. I had a speedo that would get tired. Worked for the first few miles but would get progressively slower. I wanted to investigate the instrument internals but didn't dare attempt it until I had a spare one in case I couldn't get it back together again.

Eventually traced it to the plastic gear on the gearbox end of the speedo cable. It would start slipping once warm. A bit of superglue fixed that as well.

As mentioned above, I do now have a spare brown dash. I also like the 'Czechoslovakia' at the bottom of the two main instruments. I'm sure the two are physically interchangeable but I don't know if the electrics are the same. I'm sure Ian has other things to be getting on with.

EDIT: you beat me to it.

having looked at the new dash pick i would certainly think the normal section of the temp gauge is that huuuge solid white bar with the break in the line and the red being the DANGER zone

the idiot book for the renner of similar vintage suggests "normal" is the hatched section with the 3 top marks the OMG area

post-17711-0-30990300-1544397170_thumb.jpg