1995 BMW 518i (E34) 163k MOT sold

bramz7

I'm going to give it a day or so for any interested parties to get in touch; I'd dearly like it to be wanted much further North, so I could justify getting it here and having a go for a few weeks.

Just to reiterate, if anyone is even tempted, talk to me. You could be part of a greater plan.

• 1 month later...

Yo gang, this had sold but I bought it back (because I wanted to keep it), so am selling it for what I paid for it back. As I am hopefully acquiring a potentially demanding Frenchie, I would rather focus on its upkeep.

£275 for this fine German, or I am open to a swap within reason, although this is the arse end of the market. 

Whoever buys it will need to bring a new battery as its a bit shit, or I will supply one if you pay £325.

Anyone?

Car is in Reading, Berkshire.

Well, long story short: It was won in a roffle, the winner of roffle offered it to me back as I was semi pestering to keep it with sellers remorse. However, given I now wish to acquire a Safrane V6, I'd rather focus on keeping on top of that, then spread funds across both.

Yes, I know, I am a nutcase. 

I've been offered a Rover 75 V6 with full ticket as a swap....I don't think it's a mint example but I'm tempted.

Sounds like potentially good value, full ticket means there shouldn't be anything too horribly wrong with it. Check the cooling system carefully for signs of drips and leaks, the KV6 is a bit prone to thermostat and/or water pump issues and access makes it an awkward fix, other than that there's not much to worry about.

Check for the pink coolant between the V, simple check to be honest.

Oh, also make sure the rad fans come on. 

Any window switch issues will likely be down to the contacts needing cleaning inside the switch, easy peasy job to do.

The 2.5 does sound lovely and goes like a good one when prodded. 

Leather is nice but the cloth seats are also rather good too.