Potential new car collection day!

Philyc

After deciding to write off my trusty Ford fusion last Sunday on the M3, I am now on the hunt for a cheapish commuter and general duties car. (Gratuitous collision photo included.)

After hours of sifting through rusty clios and puntos on bumtree I decided to up my game slightly.

I am now about to head off with the wife and child to go and have a look at a car. It's a make I have always wanted, although this model is slightly less box shaped and beige then I imagined back in the day.

It is a diesel, the biggest engine I think I've ever had in a car, has cruise control, leather heated seats, and all the safety features one could ever want.

Thats all for now, any guesses?

post-19709-0-24894900-1543656788_thumb.jpg

Make you've always wanted.

Diesel.

Leather.

Cruise control.

Not boxy.

Has safety features.

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-Vectra-1-9CDTi-16v-150ps-Elite-5-DOOR-2006-55-REG-6-MONTHS-MOT/202488046718?hash=item2f253a647e:g:vskAAOSwzSdbuc06:rk:1:pf:0

What time are you picking it up?

I reckon Volvo. S60 perhaps. Mmmmmm.

You sir are correct. Here it is in full glory. No pez shot as it had more then enough fuel to get home.

post-19709-0-30019900-1543672445_thumb.jpg

post-19709-0-27183800-1543672497_thumb.jpg

161k miles, 53 plate. It has the 2.4 d5 engine and is SE spec. Mot until November next year.

Lovely to drive and it all seems to work fine. the only issues are: drivers heated seat only works on the minimum setting, the alloys are showing their age, a couple of small scratches and one wing mirror has its trim held on by a bit of tape.

You sir are correct. Here it is in full glory. No pez shot as it had more then enough fuel to get home.

attachicon.gifIMG_20181201_132344.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20181201_132406.jpg

161k miles, 53 plate. It has the 2.4 d5 engine and is SE spec. Mot until November next year.

Lovely to drive and it all seems to work fine. the only issues are: drivers heated seat only works on the minimum setting, the alloys are showing their age, a couple of small scratches and one wing mirror has its trim held on by a bit of tape.

Noice! These seem like a megabargin at the mo..

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

I've just realised with a certain amount of shame that the smallest-engined car in my fleet is the 2.8 Maserati...  :oops:

Shame, my arse! You should be getting a medal. Oh, and tax breaks as you can only drive one of them at a time, thus preventing pollution as no one else can be driving them.

As least, that's what I argued before when we had 11 vehicles at one time, all ready to drive...…………………..there's only myself & the wife!

I've just realised with a certain amount of shame that the smallest-engined car in my fleet is the 2.8 Maserati...  :oops:

2.8 BMW here...

Seems like a nice one! I keep thinking about how cheap T5 and T6 S80s are. I wanna have the Swedish luxury experience at one point. A friend of mine had a T5 C70 and I was impressed how incredibly solid those doors sounded... Good luck with this one!