quicksilver

Festival of the Unexceptional 2019 - free camping available

See you there! (Hopefully)

1358406724_Screenshot_20190515-225134_AdobeAcrobat.thumb.jpg.351b94159b26204402dd353114ad63a5.jpg

Quite a few familiar names and/or cars if you scroll down the list. In-fact I suspect a large proportion of the cars on show are from Autoshite.

Screenshot_20190515-224417_Chrome.thumb.jpg.00adecc380ecf78ad1165459703ddf9f.jpg

Also many MGBs listed... I suppose they need to make the classic car numbers up somehow!

There are also 69 classic car spaces left available if anyone else is thinking about it. 

2 hours ago, catsinthewelder said:

Is it still OK to bring kids to the Field Of Dreams? (9,12+14) I've slightly bolloxed my chances of babysitting.

2 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

Kids, Dogs, grass snakes anything you like!

That’s a relief as we may well have an 11 year old in tow! Nice to know there might be other kids there if he does end up coming with. 

13 hours ago, barrett said:

Has everyone had the email inviting you to enter the concours? Suggests numbers might not be as high as previous years if they're still searching for entries at this stage 

Yes, I got that.  Won't be doing it though as I prefer to just park up and wander off at events.  I assume there's an expectation you stay with your car for most of the day and have to talk to people.  I'd rather not do that....also the 11 isn't mintola.

14 hours ago, barrett said:

Has everyone had the email inviting you to enter the concours? Suggests numbers might not be as high as previous years if they're still searching for entries at this stage 

Yes I did

I told them it was a ten-yard car.

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 2:41 PM, wuvvum said:

Excellent.  Although 20th July is 9 days after the Y10's current MOT expires, so I might have to come down in something else depending on how that goes.

No - you're bringing this - I'm panicking to get the XJR6 done in time - and we're swapping motors for a pootle about.

Also - I'll probably (almost definitely) have munchkin with me too……… 9 in June - so he'll be well happy with this as a weekends camping.

On 5/15/2019 at 11:03 PM, barrett said:

Not the case at all, we did the same last year as some brilliant cars book into the classic car parking area but wouldn't be out of place in the Concours area. 

On 5/16/2019 at 8:11 PM, Zelandeth said:

Forgot to post here, but TPA is officially booked in as of a day or two ago...so that should be fun.

...Even if it is an order of magnitude further away than any journey attempted yet!

any plans for a quick MOT?, should be a good test run for seeing how she handles a fast dash across town :)

(no im totally not saying this just because I want to see another Model 70 get a fresh MOT :mrgreen: )

On 5/15/2019 at 11:03 PM, barrett said:

I entered the concours, got an email stating this:

Congratulations!
You have successfully booked for:
Festival of the Unexceptional 2019 - Concours Registration

but the actual downloadable ticket states "Classic Car Forward Parking". I'm guessing they have not yet decided whether my car is unexceptional enough...

39 minutes ago, mat_the_cat said:

I entered the concours, got an email stating this:

Congratulations!
You have successfully booked for:
Festival of the Unexceptional 2019 - Concours Registration

but the actual downloadable ticket states "Classic Car Forward Parking". I'm guessing they have not yet decided whether my car is unexceptional enough...

The Concours cars will be selected in early June and then everyone will be notified if they have been selected or not. 

30 minutes ago, Unexceptional said:

The Concours cars will be selected in early June and then everyone will be notified if they have been selected or not. 

Thanks, I figured that would be the case so wasn't a negative comment. Will wait and see!