Festival of the Unexceptional 2019 - free camping and free breakfast available!

quicksilver

20 hours ago, Ghosty said:

An interesting thing noted at the FoD is that both mine and Mr. Fowler's Volvos are orignally Surrey registered. There's a good chance they might even have come from the same dealership when new! 

And my Sigma was first owned by a Buckinghamshire company and Mr Fowlers Volvo was a Horsham /Gatwick car local to me! 

Glad Tony Harrison took so many photos, I did tease him that many of us won't been needing to take many photos as he'll have it covered...  And here we are!

Tony is one if the founding members of BetaBoyz club, and was in the pristine white Beta Coupe 

10 minutes ago, flat4alfa said:

Glad Tony Harrison took so many photos, I did tease him that many of us won't been needing to take many photos as he'll have it covered...  And here we are!

Tony is one if the founding members of BetaBoyz club, and was in the pristine white Beta Coupe 

I didn't bother taking many pictures at the FoD because @quicksilver had that more than covered! 

I will tow the company line for the first paragraph.

Thank you all who attended, it takes a huge amount of planning  and we all volunteer to man the event....its not in our contract to impersonate a Police officer or dress like an 80s keep fit fanatic. It's nice to see our efforts resulted in an enjoyable day!

Now,towing the personal line.

I am well aware I let a "few" Autoshite members into the classic car parking without a ticket, I'm yet to receive your bribes so a parking ticket is on route!! However, I refused to put a faded MK3 cavalier into a carpark,surround by dull plastic blobs........I may or maybe not be responsible for parking a certain car near the toilets. 

If you have any images of me wafting around or abandoning the Defender,feel free to share! Never under estimate what 90m of red electrical tape can do!

If you have any feedback or ideas,feel free to PM me.

received_688594144943181.jpeg

1 hour ago, flat4alfa said:

When I saw the Carabinieri on the way in I did chuckle!

Fantastic effort!

Same here, it was a great touch.

On the day, PBK and I were admiring the handiwork of those responsible for finding the only modern which could fit so perfectly under that tree, so top marks for that too. 

By the time we got to 10:30, both me and my fellow officer of the law were exhausted! Basically we were being more flamboyant in our directions and clapping every italian car.....mearly waving non Italians in.

Surprised I missed a Ferrari !

The idea of the Carabinieri was conceived on Tuesday afternoon, Wednesday morning was ordering army surplus trousers(they are genuine 1983 Carabinieri trousers) followed by purchasing 120m of red leccy tape from screw fix.....only 90m was used on the Landy.

The stickering was done in my single garage as it was raining outside.....hence the wonky effort.

So when I said months of planning.....slot is last minute. Com

On 7/22/2019 at 10:05 PM, ianamk said:

I will tow the company line for the first paragraph.

Thank you all who attended, it takes a huge amount of planning  and we all volunteer to man the event....its not in our contract to impersonate a Police officer or dress like an 80s keep fit fanatic. It's nice to see our efforts resulted in an enjoyable day!

Now,towing the personal line.

I am well aware I let a "few" Autoshite members into the classic car parking without a ticket, I'm yet to receive your bribes so a parking ticket is on route!! However, I refused to put a faded MK3 cavalier into a carpark,surround by dull plastic blobs........I may or maybe not be responsible for parking a certain car near the toilets. 

If you have any images of me wafting around or abandoning the Defender,feel free to share! Never under estimate what 90m of red electrical tape can do!

If you have any feedback or ideas,feel free to PM me.

received_688594144943181.jpeg

Well your outfit was convincing enough for my wife to genuinely question why the Italian police were guiding people into the event!

Trigger winning a plastic mug makes news in New Zealand:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/news/114449730/unexceptional-morris-marina-estate-wins-grand-motor-show-title#comments

Apologies in advance for the 'news' link - I usually avoid stuff.co.nz like the plague but was searching for another atricle someone had mentioned to me. Anyway, it reads like many other stories I've read online covering the event, so is mostly directly quoted press release. But whatever, Trigger is now famous* in both hemispheres!

Anyone got any other links to other foreign countries picking up the story?

EDIT: Please don't scroll down to the comments section, as they often make Youtube comments look intelligent and well measured. 

On 7/24/2019 at 1:35 AM, Jon said:

23 hours ago, egg said:

I notice a fair few of the reports have just cribbed off each other more or less verbatim. Saves money instead of having to actually attend the whole thing..... #lazyjournalism

On 7/23/2019 at 10:56 PM, SiC said:

Well your outfit was convincing enough for my wife to genuinely question why the Italian police were guiding people into the event!

Love it,genuinely one of the best compliments received! We are trying to decide what European police force will be parking cars next year......but I feel I've set the bar rather high!

The Car and Classic write up is probably one of the most in depth write up to dates,excellent!