Festival of the Unexceptional 2019 - free camping and free breakfast available!

quicksilver

17 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

.... weather forecasters seem to be able to predict that rain is coming, but how much and when it arrives still seems some sort of black art form that computers can't manage accurately so bring sun tan cream as well!

Pity Bill Foggitt has been dead for years

7 minutes ago, lanciamatt said:

I'm not on Facebook or owt, not sure if I'm been a idiot or not asking this, but do you need to book a ticket for the fotu.? Thanks matt 

Yes. They're all gone. You can come passenger with one of us in to the event though.

17 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

I've now made space in my inbox. :oops:

Won't be coming in the Y10 - even if I can get it running right before then, the MOT ran out on Friday so that's a no-go unfortunately.

Cx?

On 7/8/2019 at 2:53 PM, Slowsilver said:

Would anyone be interested in a revival of this event, which was trialled (successfully I think) during last year's Festival of the Unexceptional and Field of Dreams weekend.
On Saturday 20th July 2019 the Silvers will provide a free breakfast of bacon or sausage sandwiches, toast and tea or coffee to any shiters and their travelling companions attending the FotU or the FoD on that day. You do not have to be attending the FotU or camping at the FoD to be eligible, but, in order to avoid ad hoc arrivals and departures, you will need to be at the FoD by 08:45 on the day (PM Six-cylinder for the location if you haven't been before), from where we will drive in convoy to the Silvers' abode in Buckingham (about 4 miles) for food and drink consumption, then at around 09:30 those who are going to the FotU will continue the convoy to Claydon House (about 8 miles), while any others return to the FoD. Directions from the FoD to the Silvers and onward to the FotU will be provided in case the convoy gets separated.

So that we know the number of people that we are catering for, please add your name, plus the number of partners, kids, hangers-on or whoever else is travelling with you to the list below if you are interested in attending.

1. Slowsilver
2. Quicksilver

3. davidfowler2000
4. Mrs Brownnova
5. Brownnova
6. Catsinthewelder  + 2 kids

Is it too late to add to the list?  I'm not sure how I'm getting down but I'm determined to come.

May I be included please? The plan is to trundle down in the Toledo, hopefully if I can get the tracking done on Weds or Friday and a bit more paint possibly* Not too bothered about the paint in all honesty.  This will be the longest trip in the Toledo for many years. I might be a little scared. 

26 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Slowsilver - is a genuine BL workshop manual for the Maxi of interest?

If it is I’ll bring it down with me, if not it will stay in the garage. This is the type that came in a plastic folder:

Ooh, yes please!
I have a very tatty one which only covers the early Mark 1 version with the 1500 engine and the Mk3 Cortina-style dash.
Your one has a different cover and looks like it might be a later version. It also looks to be in much better condition.

15 minutes ago, purplebargeken said:

May I be included please? The plan is to trundle down in the Toledo, hopefully if I can get the tracking done on Weds or Friday and a bit more paint possibly* Not too bothered about the paint in all honesty.  This will be the longest trip in the Toledo for many years. I might be a little scared. 

Of course, you are welcome to join us.

1. Slowsilver
2. Quicksilver

3. davidfowler2000
4. Mrs Brownnova

5. Brownnova
6. Catsinthewelder  + 2 kids
7. purplebargeken

Looks like there's going to be more shiters at the FoD than there were at Shitefest!

Anyone heard if Exiled Tat Gatherer is going to make it?  I still have his jacket in the back of the CX.  Last I heard he was flat out with work - don't know if anyone is in contact with him via social media?