Festival of the Unexceptional 2019 - free camping and free breakfast available!

quicksilver

5 hours ago, Unexceptional said:

Its a special class for models celebrating anniversary's this year, your car will still be judged   

Dagnabbit, wish I'd known this, I'd have taken the Rover 420 (R8 celebrating 30 years).

Never mind, I still reckon mine'll be the only 620 there, and there's a few coming from the R200/400 Owners Club so they can grab the glory - have you picked any R8s for this Anniversary class Mr/Mrs/Miss/Ms/Mrs/Sir/Lady Unexceptional ?

Thrilled to announce that I have a pass out for this!

I'm on call for work on the Friday so I'll have to play it by ear: if I get kept up all night I'll have to dip out, otherwise I'll be there on the Saturday morning and onwards for any shite-related shenanigans. Save me reading the whole thread - we are having a Saturday night at the FoD, right?

I can't help collecting you im afraid but if you can get the train to Bicester (from Marylebone) I can/im sure someone can pick you up? You could even have the spare bedroom in my tent as Eva can sleep in with me!

I've looked on google maps for your address before and the thought of driving there scares me, plus im sure the ZX would cost a forunt in various charges

41 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

I can't help collecting you im afraid but if you can get the train to Bicester (from Marylebone) I can/im sure someone can pick you up? You could even have the spare bedroom in my tent as Eva can sleep in with me!

I've looked on google maps for your address before and the thought of driving there scares me, plus im sure the ZX would cost a forunt in various charges

haha :) depending on where your coming from you can avoid all the nasty charges (I know both DW in TWC and Zel in his Xantia where able to avoid the charges) as I luckily live just outside them (well for now at least! I know they plan on expanding the ULEZ zone at some point, thank goodness Invacars are exempt :) )

I have been told that If I can make it to MK or so, that I can hitch a ride to the FotU/field of dreams, but that's a £15 or £24 train ticket, and given a certain upcoming car purchase, im not sure I can afford that currently, but is an option open to me thankfully :)

but given the number of peopling going to this event I was wondering if I could hitch a lift down :)

I very much appreciate the spare room offer!  its good to know the option is there :) how many days is the event for? i see its just listed as the 20th, so im guessing the camping, is just for however long that specific person decides to hang around for right?

On 6/22/2019 at 2:14 PM, LightBulbFun said:

How many days is the event for? i see its just listed as the 20th, so im guessing the camping, is just for however long that specific person decides to hang around for right?

The Festival of the Unexceptional is a one day Saturday 20th July event.

Autoshite camping is mainly Friday and/or Saturday night with day visitors welcome. There was quite a crowd after the show last year as the weather was nice and they kicked us off the show site quite early.

You are welcome to bring your family and dog, even your elephant if you like.

Extended camping is also available for the asking, but remember the only facilities are mains water and a composting toilet (Dunny).

SILVERS' SERVICE BREAKFAST CLUB

Would anyone be interested in a revival of this event, which was trialled (successfully I think) during last year's Festival of the Unexceptional and Field of Dreams weekend.
On Saturday 20th July 2019 the Silvers will provide a free breakfast of bacon or sausage sandwiches, toast and tea or coffee to any shiters and their travelling companions attending the FotU or the FoD on that day. You do not have to be attending the FotU or camping at the FoD to be eligible, but, in order to avoid ad hoc arrivals and departures, you will need to be at the FoD by 08:45 on the day (PM Six-cylinder for the location if you haven't been before), from where we will drive in convoy to the Silvers' abode in Buckingham (about 4 miles) for food and drink consumption, then at around 09:30 those who are going to the FotU will continue the convoy to Claydon House (about 8 miles), while any others return to the FoD. Directions from the FoD to the Silvers and onward to the FotU will be provided in case the convoy gets separated.

So that we know the number of people that we are catering for, please add your name, plus the number of partners, kids, hangers-on or whoever else is travelling with you to the list below if you are interested in attending.

1. Slowsilver
2. Quicksilver

Is there any interest in an Eastern Convoy? 

I ruined it last year when the Sierra failed its MOT. I can’t offer such generous hospitality as the Silvers, but the Morrisons at Cambourne is a good meeting point and I absolutely won’t bail this year! 

I don’t want to hijack the entire thread by having another list so just let me know!

On 6/25/2019 at 4:05 PM, BorniteIdentity said:

Is there any interest in an Eastern Convoy? 

I ruined it last year when the Sierra failed its MOT. I can’t offer such generous hospitality as the Silvers, but the Morrisons at Cambourne is a good meeting point and I absolutely won’t bail this year! 

I don’t want to hijack the entire thread by having another list so just let me know!

A stop at Cambourne for breakfast was already in my mind. Timing worked well when I did it a couple of years ago.

9 hours ago, Ghosty said:

I think there's going to be a northern convoy of some sort from somewhere in the J30 region of the M1, I'll be meeting JohnK and richbraith there.

Is that on the Friday or the Saturday morning?