Festival of the Unexceptional 2019 - free camping and free breakfast available!

quicksilver

Failed after an hour I am still not booked.

My main PC will not let me go to the site saying it is unsafe, I have been trying from my phone and it just won't let me book anything other than Concours.

Have you tried using a different web browser?

I tried, and failed to enter again . My daughter tried on her pc and it said the Fiesta registration number UFG 707Y was already registered ??? ... so i guess i'll stay at home .

Was this when you were trying to “add new car” because It did that to me, when I was trying to register the 2CV. Turned out when I thought it hadn’t accepted the reg no it had and that car was available to select.

In my experience, paying entry to a stately home would be the cheaper option...

IIRC the limited ticket thingy only applies if you want to arrive by car and park with all the exhibits. I rocked up at the Nat Trust place last year, parked in the Nat Trust car park paid to get in as an 'on foot' Nat Trust visitor. Walked through the grounds until I found the cars.

Would have been a lot easier to drive in, but I left it all last minute dot come.

• 2 weeks later...

I have not booked for this event but may drop by the FOD in the afternoon, probably in the Tipo.  The VMCC is holding its 'Founders Day Rally' at Stanford Hall on Sunday 21st July.  I will be going to that one to drool over hundreds of motorcycles - unless the weather is lousy.

Unfortunately, I have not done anything to the Reliant since last year's post FOTU FOD run.  It needs attention to the fuel system to prevent vapour locking.  Its mechanical fuel pump is way past its best.  I bought an electric fuel pump many years ago to see if pushing fuel to the carb cures the problem.  The mechanical pump of course sucks fuel from the tank which, in a Reliant's hot engine bay,  increases the tendency for the fuel to vaporise in the line prior to reaching the pump.  Pushing fuel from an electric pump mounted near the tank does seem to tick a few boxes in my logic.  I have tried insulating the fuel line, installing heat shields etc without success.  Running without the internal engine cowling works but makes driving the thing unbearably noisy and hot.  Circumstances and enthusiasm permitting, I'll try to look at it in the next few weeks (that's usually as far as I get ?).