Festival of the Unexceptional 2019 - free camping and free breakfast available!

quicksilver

Meh, I'll think about it. I have a curious relationship with that show at the best of times.

Does a car need to be in perfect condition to enter the concours? I would like to enter Cedric but he does have some patina.

I would seriously suggest entering your Cedric.

Meh, I'll think about it. I have a curious relationship with that show at the best of times.

Pity they're not fond of explaining why they took certain decisions.

+1, sadly. I certainly won't be attending any more, after the attitude I got from the organisers in response to a perfectly reasonable question.

Long story short: I judged the thing two years in a row and was told I was on the permanent roster. 

The following year I was bumped off with no explanation given before, during or since. 
I'd like to be a part of it again or at least know what was I did/said wrong. 

Long may it continue - but it seems have continued happily without me. I was going to get a car ready for it to stick on the field, but I'm still debating whether or not I want to allocate funds to it. 

We'll have to see. 

• 4 months later...

Actually haven’t booked into French Citroen event yet... so guess I need to decide which one to attend...

Problem is that weekend is:

a)the weekend the schools break up for summer I.e. one of the worst travel weekends of the year (a problem for both events, and poor planning by the organisers) Plus I do like to go out for a beverage on the Friday after we break up... meaning France will be a ball ache. And I’d need to book tunnel or ferry which will undoubtedly be pricey!

B ) the weekend before I get married so it might be a good plan to be in the country to sort stuff out...

Not that you needed to know that, I’m just thinking aloud here.

Decisions decisions...

Tickets become available next Thursday I believe folks.

I hope to bring either my Mondeo or Mazda this year, as for the first time pre-96 cars are eligible. Both are unexceptional!

It's good from my point of view that they've extended the permissible age up to 1996 - it means that if my older chod isn't up to the trip at that point I can always chicken out and turn up in the Carina E.  Obviously I'd rather bring something a bit more interesting like.

We plan to open the field of Dreams again this year for free camping and a gathering point.

While the event venue has changed this year, it is still only 8 miles from the Field of Dreams.

Attendance of the Festival of the Unexceptional is not mandatory for camping or gathering. 

post-4787-0-09357000-1555073400_thumb.jpg

I was planning on taking the 820 but as it's a 1999 car (designed 15 years prior).

Good excuse to buy something else.

I reckon you would stand a decent chance of getting in with the 800, as long as the 1996 registration rule isn't enforced too strictly.

Although it is technically newer than 1996, it is undeniably a car of the early to mid 90s and subsequently prime material for the show field.

We plan to open the field of Dreams again this year for free camping and a gathering point.

While the event venue has changed this year, it is still only 8 miles from the Field of Dreams.

Attendance of the Festival of the Unexceptional is not mandatory for camping or gathering. 

SRIOS HATZ M9

They didn't have a problem with my 205 last year, and that was technically too new.

Ditto, now that you mention it.  I seem to recall that if the car was introduced prior to the cut-off date, there was a certain degree of leeway when it came to actual registration date.  Whether that will be the same now that they've changed the cut-off I don't know.

All my cars are a bit too new yet a bit too old and a bit too rough anyway to look either like a modern daily, a cla**ic or FOTU fodder. Presumably there is a general car park where These mongrels park?

All my cars are a bit too new yet a bit too old and a bit too rough anyway to look either like a modern daily, a cla**ic or FOTU fodder. Presumably there is a general car park

where These mongrels park?

Just attend the Field of Dreams, better selection of chod, dailies and assorted shite. And possibly cider from Mrs 6c