SAVED for a 2nd time Visa Cabriolet in Edinburgh! - New Clutch fitted

Six-cylinder

1 hour ago, CortinaDave said:

It did seem to get a about a fair bit. I remember seeing it twice parked at the kingdom centre in glenrothes (why he wanted to drive a 70 mile round trip over from edinburgh to what is a thoroughly bleak shopping centre I've no idea)

There’s a photo opportunity to recreate ?

54 minutes ago, aldo135 said:

@CortinaDave I need you to be there in roadshow mode deejaying out the back of a Sherpa! 

Haha! Nae roadshows out at the moment sadly. What you really want as a shiter is a TayFM roadshow... on the rare occasion they go out these days it's in an E reg Mercedes truck... as its only ever been a radio roadshow truck it's got crazy low miles. Last time I saw it when i worked there it was painted dayglow yellow ?

5 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

We received a new V5C generated by the seller notifying DVLA within days, but showed tax class as Disabled, I took the new V5C to the post office to get the Visa Cab taxed because I could not do it on line. The post office kept the V5C to send to DVLA and said the DVLA would send us a new V5C showing PLG.

We then got the V5C showing Disabled back from the DVLA with a letter saying they did not understand why the post office had sent it to them. Mrs6C sent them a polite letter saying she was not entitled to Disabled, we had paid PLG and please could we have a PLG V5C. 

Ahhh I see... 

I withdraw my surprise... 

On 6/6/2020 at 11:23 AM, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Is the only RHD Visa Cabrio still on the road, or is there another one?

3 hours ago, egg said:

Six-Cyl will probably know B917 KNP and A458 GGY are both SORN'd

B281 VKM may also still exist.

The only other Cabriolet I know of taxed is A401 YAM

61616685_10161951196730327_8860371434040459264_n.jpg

4 minutes ago, brownnova said:

Ahhh I see... 

I withdraw my surprise... 

it also probably took so long because the DVLA was half shut down for the past couple months during the worst of the current situation, so things like taxation class changes etc where not being processed 

for example I sent off the V5c for REV to change the taxation class from disabled to historic vehicle (and update a couple personal details), on the 10th of march and the new v5c was only issued on the 28th of May!

5 minutes ago, Stinkwheel said:

Talking of which, does anyone know when they are accepting paperwork again? I’d like to get my visa registered.

in my thread @keef mentioned he got a letter from the DVLA saying they are starting to deal with paperwork again

so I assume they are accepting applications etc again, but I imagine theres a bit of a backlog they are having to work through! 

2 minutes ago, keef said:

Did I say that?

The first part is correct, but ......

heres a direct quote? im not sure what you mean by "first part is correct, but...." are you making reference to how random the DVLA is?

On 5/28/2020 at 2:47 AM, keef said:

I did receive a letter from DVLA the other day, so they are starting to deal with paperwork again, so if this was applied for in the post rather than online ........

On 3/5/2020 at 6:27 PM, LightBulbFun said:

twas was scoping it out on the DVLA/MOT checker and noticed for some reason it shows up on the MOT checker as registered 31st of December 1985!

so shoved it into my special tool to see if there was anything up with that, nothing in that regard, but I did notice its had a few number plates!

(the special tool does lag behind the DVLA checker hence why @Mrs6C is not showing as the current keeper yet!)

image.thumb.png.0929c110306e4c458a27136b385b3de0.png

its interesting to note that its currently on an Age related plate from 1988, I guess back then they did not give a car back its original registration plate when you took a private plate off a car?

its also interesting that looking back in the thread history that no one noticed this, I guess the V5 makes no mention about the plate being non transferable? (I know today if a car was given an age related plate it would be marked as non transferable AFAIK)

I wonder if it would be possible to get its original plate of B477OFP back on the car :) (its not been issued to anything else AFAIK according to my tool)

I wonder now with todays DVLA if you put B71RJF on retention would they give the car B477OFP back or would you just get another Age related plate?

might be a phone call to the DVLA jobby to ask them whats what!

What is this tool you speak of, I'm trying to locate a car that has been up for sale on gumtree for a bit but have had no response from the seller. Perhaps I could find out if it has sold already?

I taxed the Allegro last Monday, changing the tax class to Historic.  The (very nice and chatty) lady first tried to give me the V5 back; I questioned this and she checked with her manager so she took it back, but I don't remember seeing her stamp it.  Will I get a correct V5 back, the same one with a letter wondering why they've received it or just never hear from them again?  Place bets now......

2 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

heres a direct quote? im not sure what you mean by "first part is correct, but...." are you making reference to how random the DVLA is?

You seem to have changed my direct quote to something else in your first statement, that is all. i.e. added the second part. ;)

1 minute ago, keef said:

You seem to have changed my direct quote to something else in your first statement, that is all. i.e. added the second part. ;)

I was just making reference to what you said,  with my own bit on the second line, I was not intending for it to be a direct quote 

if I was making a direct quote then id obviously quote your post directly as I had done so in response to your post :)

3 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

The only other Cabriolet I know of taxed is A401 YAM

61616685_10161951196730327_8860371434040459264_n.jpg

Many, many years ago I answered an ad in 2cvgb news for for a stainless steel dyane rear bumper. East Sussex way I think - I saw the chap again at Beaulieu for a few years. Anyway, he had a red visa convertible on his drive. In what looked ok condition- although to hazard a guess this was pre Internet.

22 minutes ago, ruffgeezer said:

What is this tool you speak of, I'm trying to locate a car that has been up for sale on gumtree for a bit but have had no response from the seller. Perhaps I could find out if it has sold already?

"special" commercial tool I somehow wrangled my self access to mainly for invalid vehicle research :) 

(and consequentially thrown far too much money at!)

the tool has no way of telling if a car has sold on gum tree or not, but I assume you want to check for recent keeper changes?

perhaps you could check when the last V5c was issued on via the normal DVLA checker? :) 

does not necessarily mean there was a keeper change but gives a you a good indication that somethings happening! and updates much quicker then my tool which takes a day or 2 to update

On 6/9/2020 at 3:17 PM, wuvvum said:

How / when is this wee beastie going to be heading south?

Also, best supermini dashboard ever.

Once Aldo135 confirms that the car is ready for a long drive and he had his fill of it, then I am open to suggestions.

It does not have to come home in one go, it can pause with interested shiters, zig zag its way south in its own good time or what ever cunning plan is put forward? 

------------

The car is MOTed and taxed.

It will show up as insured on the database but my policy will not cover you so you will need your own third party.

Is it reliable? truth is we don't know yet so I would suggest breakdown cover.