SAVED for a 2nd time Visa Cabriolet in Edinburgh! - New Clutch fitted

Six-cylinder

15 minutes ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

eBay seems to have a fair few Visa-specific new clutches and clutch cables on offer at present. 

Wonder how difficult it would be to refurbish the roof and rear screen? Also, are there any treatments out there that would prevent moss growing on a car?

There are several roof products from cleaning to proofing. And I expect matts soft tops would have a go making a new one if it came to it.

First things first, though. It needs to drive many hundred miles south.

10 minutes ago, HillmanImp said:

That looks absolutely hanging. 

Are we absolutely sure the first person infected by the COVID-19 virus hadn't just visited Edinburgh and had a lift back to the airport in this? 

It's not that bad, I just looked at it whilst eating Maccy Dees and nothing came up. wait... No, we're good. just wind is all.

7 minutes ago, sdkrc said:

I have a red visa with a similar problem that's also in Scotland.

I bought the clutch kit from mister-auto for £70 delivered.

Only had 1 quote to fit that and do the cable at £300.

I have a new clutch kit in my spares stash, just need to find it.

That interior should scrub up okay, just the effects of damp there.  Reckon several rolls of good quality duct tape will be needed on key areas of the roof before it goes near the motorway...that bit above the windscreen in particular looks like it's asking to catch the wind and lift it off the car.

Or just drive all the way south with the roof down...maybe not at this time of year!

Didn't realise this one still had the proper early dash, all the happier it has a secure future now.

15 minutes ago, BoggyMires said:

You got the QH one? QKT626AF   As posted above. Number works CR with that 3362 valeo

yeah that one comes up on the catalogue. 

only one i can get at work from at 3rd party supplier is the national at £48.00 inc vat.  cheaper delivered on ebay!