SAVED for a 2nd time Visa Cabriolet in Edinburgh! - New Clutch fitted

Six-cylinder

17 minutes ago, dozeydustman said:

Bags a go if it’s anywhere near Chichester at any point as part of a shitely!

14 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

I have previous experience of driving long distances in shonky red Citroën Visas.

#justsaying

19 minutes ago, loserone said:

I would love a go in this, and wouldn't mind tidying it a bit, so if Durham counts as south, that might figure into plans a little.  Plus @Mr Fluffyballs could use it as his return transport next time I buy a shit peugeot from the south.

This car was saved by the forum and I am happy try and accommodate anybody who wants to give it a try.

Maybe we should photograph it in as many counties as we can get it to.

Well spotted, it was the bottom of Chesser Avenue. Will be back that way soon when the giant beer garden opens at the Corn Exchange! It was fixed in the Blackford/Grange area and is now in Corstorphine. I got these pictures from the mechanic, you can see the throttle cable was hanging by a thread! The job seemed to go well enough and the car is certainly much better, it was getting almost impossible to drive on its last run... I’m going to take it a wee run tomorrow, and if all goes well maybe a bit further at the weekend. After @CortinaDave’s suggestion maybe we could have a socially distant meet in Glenrothes ?

3EA540C7-4D0D-4C2B-805B-A40904B1727B.jpeg

14A55C61-27D0-43F7-8B94-281BDC90E96E.jpeg

4B40BE8E-0343-4784-AE04-E8AFCA4D5B00.jpeg

55 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

This car was saved by the forum and I am happy try and accommodate anybody who wants to give it a try.

Maybe we should photograph it in as many counties as we can get it to.

Pose it next to my CX if it gets done in time 

I agree I love the dashboard, thankfully @320touring had talked me through his GS dash before or I would have got the fright of my life when I first jumped in it. The bonnet pull is well hidden too eh! Everyone who asked to clean it will be pleased to know there is loads to go round where that is concerned, there are years of grime all over, cleaning it has been like a game of pass the parcel, you just unwrap another layer of dirt! It’s a bit ingrained into the plastic round the dash but I’m sure with persistence we will get it back to new (ish)

im pretty sure im in entirely the wrong end of the country to help in any way regarding this sadly, but if it somehow ends up London way if anyone needs a co driver or something such, I have a provisional licence, a set of L plates and im not afraid to use them LOL

(and if it has head rests then maybe I could borrow it for my up coming driving test that I still/currently dont have a car for LOL)

37 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

if it has head rests then maybe I could borrow it for my up coming driving test that I still/currently dont have a car for LOL)

Umm. I wouldn't advise a learner to jump straight into a "strange" car and take a test in it! ;)

Do you even have a driver to accompany you to the test?

8 minutes ago, keef said:

Umm. I wouldn't advise a learner to jump straight into a "strange" car and take a test in it! ;)

Do you even have a driver to accompany you to the test?

LOL yeah I very much would like to get some sort of driving refresher in before the test date, be it with my instructor or kind shitter!

(Test is due on the 29th and the Driving school is still not doing lessons!, getting a bit worried tbh)

on the test the examiner accompanies you of course (they become the person holding the full licence etc, although you can have someone in the back if you want!)

3 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

Once Aldo135 confirms that the car is ready for a long drive and he had his fill of it, then I am open to suggestions.

It does not have to come home in one go, it can pause with interested shiters, zig zag its way south in its own good time or what ever cunning plan is put forward? 

------------

The car is MOTed and taxed.

It will show up as insured on the database but my policy will not cover you so you will need your own third party.

Is it reliable? truth is we don't no yet so I would suggest breakdown cover.

34 minutes ago, Mrs6C said:

@DodgyBastard might like a proper go in it now that the clutch has been done! Also @Flat4 is not too far away and has a couple of Mini wheels for me... she may like a drive in return for looking after them!

I'm actually heading for Yorkshire at the weekend but the first part of my train stops in Edinburgh if that's any help? Happy to drop it off any where on the way but would need to make sure I have transport to my destination.

10 minutes ago, Flat4 said:

I'm actually heading for Yorkshire at the weekend but the first part of my train stops in Edinburgh if that's any help? Happy to drop it off any where on the way but would need to make sure I have transport to my destination.

I suspect it will be staying with @aldo135 for a wee while yet, so no panic, but when it does start its journey south, I'd be very happy for you to have it for a bit or have a drive if you'd like - or of course neither of those things if you would prefer! :-)

[mention=5696]DodgyBastard[/mention] might like a proper go in it now that the clutch has been done! Also [mention=21170]Flat4[/mention] is not too far away and has a couple of Mini wheels for me... she may like a drive in return for looking after them!
I'd be interested to see what it drives like now.

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

Sounds like a job for @320touring when business picks up again and he starts jetting off on exotic business trips every few days... They usually involve a flight down to Heathrow, and yours to Heathrow as a thanks for driving it down would be a cakewalk!

Gives aldo a good play with it too/a chance to shit itself before Neil hits gretna with fugutty vigour (after winding it up to 79mph for the last 44 miles)