SAVED for a 2nd time Visa Cabriolet in Edinburgh! - New Clutch fitted

Six-cylinder

Hi all - as 'project bursar' we have £28.72 left in the kitty. I have discussed with Scott.  He is ok if the rest goes to Captain70's to help save his old triumph.

I hope this is ok and meets with everyone's approval.

I recognise this is a change on the basis you donated your money, so if any issues just quietly PM me and i'm sure we can sort things out.

Up the shiters!

I see.

So not a brass farthing from the owner?

The car is still with me waiting for the owner to collect it, If I do get anything from him I'll make sure to spend it on square sausage and beer for all of the excellent work we put in.

You're welcome to stop by and join the party.

If anyone is feeling out of pocket for helping save this Visa then please speak up now. I think we did a great thing here saving this car but some others appear to have differing opinions on the matter.

I am not out of pocket thanks to all of your kind donations, I also haven't made any money but have spent a considerable amount of time and effort getting this car roadworthy again.

I have not received a penny from the owner of the car yet but if anyone would like their donation back then please get in touch and I'll be sure to get it back to you.

Clever. Nearly as clever as the Visa owner. :-)

I'm not sure he's that clever, given he gave the car away for free not intending to get it back in the first place...

The gesture of putting any "spare" money towards the Dolomite engine plan is a kind one and would be most appreciated should that be considered acceptable by the people who donated the money!

Firstly. I'm more than happy for the remaining sum to be put towards Captain 70s' Dollopmite, or the next month's forum funding - however it is deemed fit.

Second. We have shown good community spirit & charity by helping a stranger get his much loved car back into some kind of order. If he has any shred of decency he would offer FOAD/Knight a token of appreciation; this does not have to be money for his time, maybe a crate of beer or a fine bottle of single malt. AFAIK The car has yet to be collected, the owner may be sorting this token out for when he collects.

I haven't been involved in this, but no matter how the owner might react, I find it absolutely brilliant that this community came together to save a real rarity and keep it on the road for at least another year (and hopefully long after that). There are only a few things more depressing to me than seeing a genuinely special car end up in the scrapyard, so seeing so many people donating for this cause, and especially see someone invest his time and effort into welding this thing back together, is seriously impressive to me. It would be amazing to see this happening again, there are so many cars worth saving out there!

I’d hate to think of the owner slipping FOAD Fifty quid and driving down the road, whistling. I personally don’t give two shits about the car but do give a shit about people blatantly taking the piss out of someone capable of this kind of work. That looks like £300 worth of work to me.

I’d hate to think of the owner slipping FOAD Fifty quid and driving down the road, whistling. I personally don’t give two shits about the car but do give a shit about people blatantly taking the piss out of someone capable of this kind of work. That looks like £300 worth of work to me.

You are a stingy bastard then, Shite Knight already estimated it was about £600 worth of work.

Maybe read the thread properly again and not skim read it and see what conclusion you come to then?

What an amazing gesture. The call comes out from somewhere in deep dark Englandshire about an old shitheap up in that there Scotchland thats about to become bean cans. Many folks across the land want to save it but cant. In steps the Knight of Shite...and doth save said shitheap. Many folks across the land throw a few shekels towards the cost. Fiver here....tenner there. Wouldnt cover a round in ye olde pub, but collectively buys enough metal to save the shitheap. Mr Shite Knight spends many unpaid hours stitching it together, and for no reward hands said shitheap back to its owners, who i have no doubt are absolutely amazed and overcome by the gesture, whether they have the means to reimburse or not.

Outwith the realms of television, nowhere else on this earth would this kind of thing take place outwith Autoshite!

The greatest gift we can take from this is the sense of community, and also a great deal of Karma. What you give, you get back! So please, take a bow FOAD and all the donors. The wee decapitated visa lives...