Turbo Kettle - Now for sale £500

Steve79

Apologies for the tardy update. I've typed this twice already and laptop has crashed both times. Hopefully third time's the charm!

Anyway, i went to have a look at this straight after buying the Rover 45. The rationale was that as i couldn't make my mind up between the two, i may as well have both!

Behold the magnificence!

AQvAGPf.jpg

E3Y7CIt.jpg

kXGx2Xs.jpg

TMZWnF7.jpg

UJl4ukb.jpg

oof1gks.jpg

This is this bit that attracted me

kJvtqjD.jpg

GGQbVcc.jpg

To clarify, its a Rover 75 1.8t (turbo) Club SE, which according to www.mg-rover.info, rolled off the production line on Monday 16th December 2002 at 3:41 in the afternoon and was the 63,164th out of a production run of 112,381.

tcmklEb.jpg

Complete Tool Kit

mrIP5cP.jpg

Original Mats

KWJqdai.jpg

This absolutely has to go, as its way too bright and tacky!. Will probably replace it with the CR80 head unit fitted in the 45.

NbzXd0f.jpg

My Favorite Bit, Genuine mileage as well.

Plan is to just run it for the time being, but ultimately would like to restore to pre-project drive spec with the real wood etc

Probably going to play cambelt roulette. It had a replacement head about 8 years where I assume the belts etc were done. Mileage then was around 25k.

I'll check them tomorrow.

Interestingly on another note, the car was a cat d way back in June 2005 for a dented wing and broken front bumper. This was two months after mg rover went pop. Had a vague recollection of news articles at the time of parts issues because of this so not surprised it was written off.

That looks rather nice, and is a rather early 75 turbo with it being on a 52 plate. Excellent purchase, hopefully we will be seeing more of it around.

I have some wood trim from a pre-Project drive 75 and the original radio out of a Club SE, along with a lot of other bits and pieces. If you do need a few bits please let me know and I will see what I can find.

That looks rather nice, and is a rather early 75 turbo with it being on a 52 plate. Excellent purchase, hopefully we will be seeing more of it around.

I have some wood trim from a pre-Project drive 75 and the original radio out of a Club SE, along with a lot of other bits and pieces. If you do need a few bits please let me know and I will see what I can find.

PM sent

Nice looking thing that. Does all of its original mats as there looks to be only 1 in the back. The steroeo, for a second (because internet was loading this thread like a 56k) looked like one of those units fitted to later 75s/MG ZTs but obviously not.

Pretty sure all the mats are there. Currently in my mothers garage so will check tomorrow. Stereo currently fitted is one of those ebay jobs and whilst the sound quality is pretty good, the LED's are brighter than the sun plus it looks really cheap. Might just bung it in the BMW.

Colour - fail  win

Gearbag - fail  win

Engine - fail  win

Rear plate - fail, replace with larger one  who cares?- win

Spec - win

Interior - win

Mileage - win

Seems like a good buy, the K isn't to my taste, and I've not heard much good about it, but for that mileage I'd happily compromise a bit. 

Nicely done.

FIFY

YOUR FIRED :angry008:

That looks bloody lovely.

I keep pondering whether one of these need to be on my fleet at some point.

I've never even really spent time in one. Only had one through the garage, and it sold almost the second the tyres touched the forecourt.

They're one of the most gorgeous looking cars of the decade I reckon - especially in a bright or dark colour.

The warm orange glowing black on white dials are bloody lovely too... it's almost worth buying for the dash alone.

What are they like to drive?

They are very smooth and rather refined, unless you go for the 1.8 manual, which is over 3000 at 70 mph (even then they are still reasonably quiet). They also handle much better than you would think, but they can be a little bit wallowy if you are really going for it and want to pick holes in the way they drive.

However, for what I want it is absolutely perfect. It is excellent on long journeys, very comfortable, and has an interior which you cannot help but love. It is a pain in the arse to sort out when something goes wrong, as everything is very fiddly, but mine is a permanent fixture on the fleet and would be the last one I would sell.

They are very smooth and rather refined, unless you go for the 1.8 manual, which is over 3000 at 70 mph (even then they are still reasonably quiet). They also handle much better than you would think, but they can be a little bit wallowy if you are really going for it and want to pick holes in the way they drive.

However, for what I want it is absolutely perfect. It is excellent on long journeys, very comfortable, and has an interior which you cannot help but love. It is a pain in the arse to sort out when something goes wrong, as everything is very fiddly, but mine is a permanent fixture on the fleet and would be the last one I would sell.

Sounds like it ticks a lot of the same boxes as the Xantia in my fleet, which I describe as a "high velocity squidgy leather sofa". It however cheats in the cornering department by employing witchcraft.

It's equally awkward to do anything on!

• 2 weeks later...

That looks bloody lovely.

I keep pondering whether one of these need to be on my fleet at some point.

I've never even really spent time in one. Only had one through the garage, and it sold almost the second the tyres touched the forecourt.

They're one of the most gorgeous looking cars of the decade I reckon - especially in a bright or dark colour.

The warm orange glowing black on white dials are bloody lovely too... it's almost worth buying for the dash alone.

What are they like to drive?

what he said ^ a pre face lift one (preferably of the V8 flavour?) is very much on my want list (esp one of the LWB type which I only recently found-out where a thing thanks to this awesome beige forum :) )

I fondly remember the rover 75 from the PS2 game "The Getaway" :) which featured in the opening mission of the game, which IIRC was supposed to be a Jag of some kind but the maker pulled out of the licensing deal so it became a Rover 75 :) also one of the few GTA style games that gives you indicator control!