The Jaywick Chevy

bigstraight6

On 7/20/2021 at 11:09 PM, Crackers said:

There's plenty of old Yank cars running around as rat rods and everyone loves them.

Including at least one on this very forum!  Which, despite being four different colours at the moment, got plenty of support at the weekend.

On 7/19/2021 at 8:17 PM, Amishtat said:

I'm not sufficiently well up on  the current rules to know whether they're banned at all tracks but I have seen a couple raced at UK tracks a few years ago . They weren't the machine of choice if a race win was required but they just lapped relentlessly crushing whatever happened to be in the way. 

The Imperial was banned from American DDs for its chassis construction and strength, but was allowed in UK unlimited bangers for a time as they were a rare sight although the few that did get raced were pretty much unstoppable.  Then a few years ago a certain faction of drivers (allegedly) imported several Imperials from the US solely to race, because they wanted to dominate everyone else and prove how much better they were to the point of not trying to race within the spirit of the sport and just disrupt things for everyone else during meetings - so the sport banned Imperials.  The same group of drivers along with some others then did the same with Ssangyong Rodius MPVs (which in my opinion should never have been allowed into car meetings at all - they are vans) so the rulemakers banned those as well.

Anyway, back to the topic...I would love to see this Chevy restored, and have always wanted a classic US beast of this era for the road, sadly I lack the skills or knowledge to do anything to it.

20 hours ago, Dick Longbridge said:

I posted the owner's name and number earlier in the thread as part of a facebook for sale screenshot. 

Got plans?

Thanks. No plans myself but i’ve passed it onto a local Essex yank restorer and very good egg, who has also now passed it on to people in his group of contacts. Hopefully it will be saved.