Peugeot 406 Hdi - on hold

The Moog

So as the Jag has come into Moog towers it is time to move on the 406.

It may do someone as a winter car or just a shed to move house etc.

406 estate -90 bhp (although allegedly may have 120bhp)

100k on clock

Mot - Feb 28th 2019

Climate control

Winter front tyres with only 2k on them

Spare pair of tyres on steels

Massive space in the back with seats down

Engine is pretty good

Will do 50mpg on a run

No rust that I can see

Front electric windows

PAS

It's had a fortune spent on it including front strut mounts.

No abs or tcs. Pure driving pleasure.

Issues

Clutch slips if you Welly it (you can easily drive round it)

Ignition barrel is a bit worn- takes two or three goes to start (nothing to do with engine)

Central locking doesn't

Ew switches are a bit broken - they all work but switch pack cover is off

Smells a bit inside

Scrapes and knocks

AC doesn't work

Trim inside is a bit iffy

Lacquer peel agogo

Scrap is offering £200 collected so you could buy it, run for couple of months and then get most the money back. Tuning box could be sold for the extra £100 if it was fitted.

Located in Accrington

Will get some photos later on.

Thing with roffle is that it needs to be cheap so sub £6. Which then effectively gives me less than scrapping and selling ECU. Plus all the admin of roffles.

So feels a lot of grief for no really return. I will leave it up for a few days in case someone is after a cheap hack or load mover before seeing if Beko needs owt then sending it over the bridge.

It isn't rare or special - ultimately nowt really wrong with it, but don't want to deal with people after a £400 car.

I see your point and totally understand, be a shame to see it cubed though. Hopefully someone here will take it!

FWIW if this is a 90hp model then IIRC it won't have a dmf so no need to even think about that if someone felt inclined to do the clutch, that should add to its appeal.

Mmm the only things I could do with is a steering wheel if yours is in good condition and the stalk assembly so I can repair mine...

Don't think there's anything mine actually needs that isn't going down stupid things like the trim bits for the boot carpet and the front drivers side bumper silver insert and the alarm button from the centre console that I'll never ever push anyway!

How smelly is it? Reckon clutch has a few 1000 left in it? Could do with a tip run car for a few months is all.

Not that smelly. Previous owner must have been a vaper.

I reckon the clutch would last another year if you didn't just floor it. It slips when boost comes on when you floor it. Once I realised I stopped doing it and has been fine.

Would be a perfect tip car. Loads of space with back down.