DodgyBastard

1995 Toyota Camry V6 3.0 auto Spears Reapers

45852010571_01f13966c9_c.jpgRJC_5432 by srblythe, on Flickr

I just pulled this out my dads damp garage where it has lay for over 6 months unused. It ran fine when it went into the garage but having spent long periods of time in there over the last 4 years it now requires a bit of work to put it into use.

It will start and drive with a battery connected but it will require a new battery and alternator to be driven away. The mot is up in December 2018, for the next test I think it will need welding to the rear of the sills and potentially new brake calipers/brakes rebuilt as they felt like they were binding slightly when moving it earlier.

45926119201_19ca48c1bd_c.jpgRJC_5539 by srblythe, on Flickr

32055129508_ff1e49b398_c.jpgRJC_5540 by srblythe, on Flickr

30987476857_2b6722065f_c.jpgRJC_5541 by srblythe, on Flickr

30987475887_0645d43c1b_c.jpgRJC_5542 by srblythe, on Flickr

45876843922_0c244d5c28_c.jpgRJC_5543 by srblythe, on Flickr

45876842412_2b54ff332d_c.jpgRJC_5545 by srblythe, on Flickr

45876840792_d132e6c662_c.jpgRJC_5546 by srblythe, on Flickr

45876839642_1936bf3559_c.jpgRJC_5547 by srblythe, on Flickr

45926124301_e4fa58087b_c.jpgRJC_5535 by srblythe, on Flickr

45926126781_3f0596e32e_c.jpgRJC_5533 by srblythe, on Flickr

£425 or insulting offers invited.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By chancer
      Moving this over here in case anyone has missed it. Needing this gone within next 2 weeks due to losing parking space. Couple of faults but nothing major. Its mot'd til jan and in good running order. Price drop to £300 as is for quick sale, otherwise i fix the faults and stick it on bumtree for twice that amount! Would make a good winter beater for someone
    • By si1881
      Going to try this on here before the fun that is eBay or similar.

My mum has recently replaced her trusty old SportKa with a newer 500 and currently it’s just sat in the garage.

It’s only done 38k with I think mum being the third owner plus a very large file of bills. As you can see from the MOT history ‘a lot’ of miles have been done in the last few years....! Has the leather interior, an aftermarket Bluetooth kit, Air Con that works and four good tyres plus working remote key.

It has had some attention by a welder in the past but the filler area is solid and other than a few obvious bits on the sills and corners of the rear bumpers is in nice condition.

If anyone is interested please let me know. I’m back there later this week so can look at the paperwork or anything else on the car in more detail.

She’s looking for about £750-800.

Car is currently SORN and located in deepest Lincolnshire (near Spilsby).

• By Steve79
      Departarting from the norm, I'm being lazy and have actually managed to convince the seller to deliver to my house at no cost. It's only the other side of town but haven't got the time to collect today.

2 hour countdown starts at 9am
    • By Broadsword
      Hot on the heels of last week’s collectioneering of a Xantia, another collection starts here and now. Well it is probably a collection as long as the car is as described, but I am optimistic.

Clues. It’s enormous yet quite cramped. Never had one before and it could be considered blessed, saintly even!
    • By KruJoe
      It's the green one.
      If you're proper horny for it then PM me, but anyone with cash can buy a car any time. Meh.
      Would roffle, but CBA with the admin.

Therefore, funtime!

Another KruJoe-spec 99p start AUCTION...

(GBP (Pounds Sterling) bids only, no licked Twixes (John_F, I'm talking to you), bid increments 50 pence or more, that's up to you. Auction ends 24 hours after the last bid. Other T&C's may apply if I haven't thought of them yet.)

It's a risk, but I'll take it.
      I've thought of a number as a reserve, roughly bridge price plus today's £50 MOT fee, so above that, I'm happy. If it doesn't work, we'll re-think, but his is will be a cheap car for one of you lot.

Central, so close to everyone on mainland UK.

Collection: most days/times are possible, evenings are good. Relaxed timescale, storage is not a problem here. I can bring you to it from Skipton bus or rail station.
      The Car.
      My dependable daily for two FTP-free years. Ex-JohnK and Bramz. 
      1.4 Rti run-out model, lots of toys. 
      Cheap tax and cla$$ic policy friendly (£140pa, Carole Nash. A.Flux quoted similar).
      Tested until 31 May 2020, advised on two back tyres.
      Not yet 62,000 on the dial. Likely to be SORN'd before June. V5 here, with loads of history.
      New oil and filter last week.
      Good batt, exhaust, brakes etc. There are a few minor niggles, I've just lived with it. Character, innit.
      Squishy-comfort velour in fine fettle. (Almost) everything works.
      The bodywork scrubs up well but there's some bits of rust if you really go looking. It doesn't stop it being a respectable motor… until… last week one of my favourite brothers rubbed a tractor down the side, damaging two doors and the mirror.

All still work fine, and I still have the (undamaged) plastic strip from the door. I don't have the arsedness to try improving it cosmetically and I'm ready for a change of daily anyway. The worst would likely push out from inside. As would the small bit on the arch – it's single skinned there. Until that happened, nobody has ever turned their nose up at it, and it has attracted a lot of positive conversation. 

99p anyone?