1991 Toyota Corolla 1.6GL Executive

pandamonium

I had a G reg  Corolla Exec in black about 12 years ago, extremely reliable and smooth but very rusty

It even had factory remote central locking that still worked; first car I ever owned to be thus equipped, I was well happy merrily clicking a button (on a remote fob the size of a sky remote) and listening to the doors lock instantly.

One day at Morrisons I had just unlocked it stylishly and started it up when a new Shogun pulled into the space next to me, He got out and locked his 4X4 with a remote and all my doors locked and the engine died, By now my remote battery was getting tired and it took ages to persuade the immobiliser to cooperate and actually start my engine and drive away; Remote central locking lost its appeal afterwards.

I see the H has TOYOTA badging, as my J Carina II. Change to logo for J Corollas. hmmm

My engine bay is a bit 'farmers boots' too :/

37521727452_25a50c8fc9.jpg

I always whack the pedal once before firing up & after a couple of minutes [1500rpm] it will drop with another blipp :)

^^^ send it back/hand it in. Illegal to *possess one that youre not entitled to.

*OK... I sometimes have my daughters in my glovebox and she isn't in the car BUT she is a relation & I dont use it for myself..

** honestly :/

I do know that. Only found it this morning.

Just need to figure out where to hand it in. 

I'm not sure how long this car will hang around, it's already annoying me.

I'm not a fan of automatics at the best of times, and this has something that bothers me. Not a misfire as such, more of a murmur. Like a faint pulse when accelerating or decelerating gently. I'm very oversensitive with cars, so it's probably just me not being used to a carburettored engine, I've been spoiled for a few years. 

I think if it was a manual, I'd persevere and do all the service items and maybe even replace the carb for peace of mind. 

But the fact it is an auto is a minus point for me. Am I weird? Probably. Whatever the case, expect this up for sale/ Swap etc by the new year. 

Mind you, I've done nearly 650 miles in just over a week and it's been comfy and lovely to bomb around in. 

Is the a Starley door? I recognise the handle and switches. Speaking of Starlets, sister came in one today.

Yeah, I just took a photo of a Toyota Starlet door to go in my thread about my Toyota Corolla... :D

As for your sister... What she gets up to in her car is none of our business... :D