2000 X reg Fiat Fiorino 1.7 TD Van. B'ham. SOLD!

Burnside

Right where do I begin? Sadly after on / off ownership for the last 18 years in our family it's time to sell on our faithful little Fiat Fiorino Van.

Short story if you just want to know the basic's.

Fiat Fiorino 1.7 TD Business Van in White. Mot till 23rd April 19. 169,000 miles. None PAS. Two keys inc Fiat Red Master Key. Working Towbar inc Electrics.

Right Long story / history!

Brought by my Dad as a pre reg vehicle at just a few months old with about 74 miles on it for around £6,500. My Dad used it for the first 5 an half years as his work van till he sold it on to a friend as he needed a pickup.

His friend offered it back to us in late 2012 needing some tlc so we didn't hesitate.

Since then after some tidying/ repairs we got it back on the road in 2015 after 18 mths.

It's had since then:

Cambelt, tensioners & waterpump in 2015. ( have cambelt tools available )

New radiator at a cost of £170. 2015

Rear brakes inc handbrake cables replaced. 2015

New back box. ( original comes with van just needs some minor welding to flange. ) 2016

Replacement Windscreen about 2016. £140 I think.

Front Discs / pads. 2017

New Glow plugs. 2017.

New pair of Tyres this year. £88.

Sump, oil filter housing , dipstick tube seals all replaced at a total cost inc labour of £300! 2017.

Replaced headlights with used items after advisory on last Mot.

That's the main things I can think off at present but as you can see it's been maintained regardless.

We have loads of used spares that will cone with it to keep it going.

Pics taken today.

post-3802-0-58887500-1542224664_thumb.jpg

post-3802-0-11490000-1542224739_thumb.jpg

post-3802-0-21664000-1542224907_thumb.jpg

post-3802-0-40997000-1542225265_thumb.jpg

post-3802-0-10518600-1542224962_thumb.jpg

post-3802-0-50959700-1542225348_thumb.jpg

post-3802-0-43011500-1542225467_thumb.jpg

post-3802-0-34600300-1542225501_thumb.jpg

Right I give you my opinion for what it's worth on the Fiorino overall.

The Van is 18 years old so has the usual wear and tear of its 18 yrs.

Seats are split on the edges common problem on the Fiorino regardless of mileage.

It has rust / minor dents. There rust on all the doors the worst being the rears see pictures but have some better rear replacements in Red to go with it.

But overall its a clean and tidy Van that can still work and earn if needed.

Be aware though this is a bit agricultual drive wise compared to modern Vans!

It is low geared which is fine for pottering about and great if your loaded / towing but if you go much over 60 mph the 5th gear is quite short so you feel like you need another gear. But saying that it will cope on the M'ways no problem and it's been on long M'way trips to London without fuss. The engine is rather loud at idle and there no PAS so you need arms to park it.

But saying all that on the positive side we trust it 100% and it will get you anywhere you want to go. It be a sad day if it sells but lack of room / need for a bigger van has forced us to sell.

Pricing it isn't easy as it not just a Van but a piece of our family history but I feel £675 now reduced to £625 is fair given all the recent service history etc compared to alot of junk I've seen and spares that will come with it.

If you want to know anything etc just ask away.

Thanks all much appreciated, just checked on How Many Left and there only 16 1.7 TD Fiat Fiorino Business Vans on the road and 31 on Sorn.

So it definitely deserves to find a good home especially as most Vans barely make it to 10 years. Hence me advertising it here via AS 1st.

Hopefully at some point again maybe we can buy it back!

This Van has also been a lot more reliable and cheaper than a lot of the modern Vans my Dad and his mates run too. It even towed one of them home twice now.

I just hope it's replacement does the 'business'. Guess we will find out the weekend when I collect it.

I'm going to state my interest,it's not too far from me in worcestershire,my dad had a white 127 fiorino when I was growing up which I distinctly remember crying when it was sold,so have very fond memories,and I've been looking at getting an older van to use for going to work/general tatting about.let me get some insurance quotes :-)

This would make an ideal parts fetcher / chod rescue Van too. All you need to do is add a orange beacon light and your be away!

plasticvandan has shown interest for the Fiorino but I will be near the Van this afternoon. So if anybody wants pics of certain areas etc. If you can let me know asap and I will happly do so.

I'll bite a bit. Sills arches meeting sills and floorpan. Are they reasonably solid?

Asking for a friend*

The inner sills to floor are all fine. Outer sills were repaired in 2015 to a good standard. One rust bleb on the passanger sill will need attention at some point. ( Added pic below. )

The floor is fine and to my knowledge it would only need a few areas rubbing down and painting / rustproofing if your keeping it but nothing to worry about Mot wise. I had intended to do this next year as we wasn't planning to sell it!

Sill rust bleb passenger side.

post-3802-0-60776700-1542411681_thumb.jpg

If you need us too. I could possibly grab some pics of the lower sills and floor etc on Sun / Mon as the Fiorino not kept at home.

My dad had one of these, in red. I'm sure it was G901VEE, when he had his shop.

God knows how long ago, I think it wasn't far off new when he got it.

Me and my little brother used to share the back with our mental boxer dog. I remember it had a half metal, half weird plastic mesh bulkhead.

My mum reversed it in to a driving instructors car, twice.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

I'm almost tempted to buy this just for when I move house. Not sure how I can justify £600+ to the other half when van rental is a tenth of that though...

For a van - it looks lovely!

Ongoing savings innit.  

It's not expenditure, it's an investment.

When we moved I dropped £250 on a trailer.  It's been invaluable and has already paid itself off 5 times over.  With a van, think of all those savings you will make doing B&Q runs, tip runs, charging mates £20 to chuck stuff etc.

Come to think of it, this is an earner.

Start the collection thread now.

Pre children I bombed about in smoll vans, a Corsa B shaped Combo and a 1.7 XUD Berlingo.

Must say that there is a definite joy to it.

Plus as well as the shite/tip/b&q hauling abilities mentioned above, you can simply add a sleeping bag for a skinflint microcamper (provided you're less than about 5'8")

My dad had one of these, in red. I'm sure it was G901VEE, when he had his shop.

God knows how long ago, I think it wasn't far off new when he got it.

Me and my little brother used to share the back with our mental boxer dog. I remember it had a half metal, half weird plastic mesh bulkhead.

My mum reversed it in to a driving instructors car, twice.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

Funny enough my Dad had a Red G reg Fiorino before this one too. Had the 1301cc petrol Uno engine in and was only a 4 speed too I think. I remember it went like the clappers partly thanks to the low gearing so had to hold on in the back!

As Borniteldentiy said this Van can still work / earn as well as being a runabout etc. It was the only Van we could get 3 fence panels in last year prior to buying the Scudo Van out the 3 we had.

The Towbar fitted hasn't seen much action over the years, my Dad paid about £250+ to have it fitted after buying the van but it's barely been used in 18 years. When I recently used it to pull a small trailer 10 miles the electric hook etc still work's perfectly. I could sell the trailer with the Fiorino but I'm using that as storage at the minute.

Have got a pair of roof bars that will come with it, again my Dad brought those when the Fiorino was new. Just needs some new bolts and the brackets painting up but are still perfectly useable.

Still thinking about this one,reading the thread on the van im seeing all the same problems that my dad had with his 127 fiorino back in 96/7, cant get the bits,everythings discontinued,no scrappers left,tape on the doors etc... that said,it is very appealing.

Appreciate plasticvandan what you saying and there no pressure on anyone to buy it if they wanted to view. In fact I'm happy for me or my brother to show anybody round it and have a chat or send any pics of anything they want to see first.

Some parts are hard to find now but it's no different for a bloke I speak to nearby who has a 2000 Corsa B shape Combo Van or any 18 year old Van / Car. All the service parts etc we have sourced from a mixture of Fiat, Motor Factors or old stock via ebay.

The Fiorino as most people know share there DNA with the Uno so it has some changeable parts. Windscreen / Front Doors / Dash and switches all MK2 for example and the 1.7 TD was used in the Mk1 Punto as another. My Brother used to work at a Fiat Main Dealer and can still help anyone with part numbers etc if needed.

He did so for a person who we sold our MK2 Uno 1.0 ie a few years ago who was also restoring another Uno after a accident and was struggling to find some parts. As we both happy to help out where we can and keep another Fiat on the road.

As also mentioned with these Vans being a rare sight now, me and my Brother have stocked up on secondhand spares where we can as some parts are NLA to hopefully ensure it stays on the road. We have lights, trim, window regs, switches, starter motor, used clutch cable, mirrors, speedometer, door glass, wiper motor, wheels just as a example which would all come with it. Again there no pressure for anyone to have every last part with it as it be no five minute job for me to round then up between 2 houses and a garage!

I forgot to add previously that the Fiorino has had new engine and gearbox mounts and a Alternator within the last 2 years and the Yusa Battery was also fitted in 2015.

Sorry if it's a long post again I like do like to rattle when comes to Vehicles.