Audi A2 TDI - Runs and drives - WEDNESDAY DRAW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tayne

Glad to see this being given another chance. If I was closer and had space I'd almost be tempted. Probably the only thing from VAG made this side of the 80s that I'd be even vaguely interested in to be honest.

I tend to agree with you but this car is very true to its Audi dna, torquey engine but crashy ride and no steering feel.

I tend to agree with you but this car is very true to its Audi dna, torquey engine but crashy ride and no steering feel.

Torquey engine, tick. Crashy ride and no steering feel - nope. Mine's a lovely thing to drive up the twisty roads of Speyside, Deeside (any twisty riverside road tbh)  in dynamic mode, then just turn the button to lift and drive in comfort over fields to the river. The perfect car for the salmon fisherman. :-D

Just don't get me started on the ghosts in the gearbox.  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

If anyone else likes the idea of saving this car but thinks its too far away, or that the mechanical work is too much for you then a random for dome would be fine plan.

He saw the car the day i picked it up (it tempted him away from fitting a radiator) and he's previously done a head gasket on a six cylinder car so this wee thing should be a piece of piss for him.

In the cold sober light of day it would be Sod's law for me to pop my roffle cherry in a car that is far to far away with the possibility of me killing it getting it home and not having the skills to fix it I have decided to donate my tickets to dome.

Hopefully the roffle gods will smile on me in future roffles !

Now where's the beer ? Keith777

This is becoming less of a roffle and more of a communal stitching-up of dome.

I have had a day to comprehend what I have done and have my route all worked out, including blow off stops on the way home.

I’m hoping go win but if I do, it may precipitate a fire sale mondeo roffle to appease the wife.

Although I could probably get away with hiding it in the back of the Galaxy for a week or two before she peered in and noticed it.