Shitefest 7th -9th June 2019

kirton

Before someone mentions it...again, no, I'm not bringing the Olympian.

The Leyland Olympian, along with Longpigs and Green Day, is a sound inseparable from my teenage years. I would pay to drive one. Would you consider bringing it if the journey was subsidised?!!

No?? Don’t blame you.

This weekend may now coincide with me being unemployed and bored. Consider me a maybe. It’s the first weekend of ‘gardening’ so definitely a maybe.

To keep you up to date.

We had a Football Club Committee meeting on Thursday - no problem re SF19 to report

£5 per car per night, no fancy multi option tariff - maybe same for day visitors?

I think we agreed to supply tea, coffee, milk and sugar.  House rules - no wet spoons in coffee or sugar and if you use a mug wash it up unless your mother is with you and she does it

We will have showers designated for males and females (the refs room could be used by others)

It has been suggested that attendees may like to go to my local, the Half Moon, on Saturday night and partake in skittles (£3/pint as of today) - easy walking distance (on the way down, going back could be different for some drinking enthusiasts).  Thoughts on this please, and should we open the Club bar on Friday night, Sunday lunchtime as well as Saturday night.  I imagine that the Club room would be open most of the time.

WARNING;  the Club, Community shop and Half Moon are cash only

We have Wifi in the Club and O2 4G from the mast at the Club

We will undoubtedly want cars to keep off the pitch as much as is reasonably possible

I'll be letting the village know about the gathering on Facebook at the beginning of May, and that seems to me to be a good time to start to firm up on possible numbers attending. 

I'm hoping that I might get up for the Cannock comedy morning

The Farm shop is expecting customers for food;  big breakfast and some healthier options;  going down early on Saturday would be appreciated as I think SF19 weekend is the start of their strawberry picking season and it will get busy there.  Mrs K and I had ham, egg and chips there yesterday for £6.99.

It's not much uphill, it's just the pints may be a problem and a lack of streetlights. You need the motor coordination to stay on the crown of the road, I know from experience.

Ill pack the head torch and keep central to the road based on other people's screams as they fall off

That said you won't have the delight* of walking down a random lane under "The Central" to find breakfast at 'spoons.

Incidentally there's a 6 part TV series on just now about Central. It's on the new BBC Scotland channel but you can get it on iPlayer. It's actually not terrible.

At least you'll not have to deal with the Scottish licensing laws or stay in an industrial estate in East Kilbride this time.

... aye but we have to face everywhere for 300 miles north being fucking shut on a Sunday. It's just not right.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Wifi? Male & female showers? This all sounds far too civilised.

We had two Wifis at Scotoshitefest last year. One was unlimited but shit. The other was less shit but capped. Pretty sure Mr Saabnut let folk use his shower if asked. SF17 had a shower but the woman from the museum got angry because folk were dragging the freshly cut grass through the building.

... aye but we have to face everywhere for 300 miles north being fucking shut on a Sunday. It's just not right.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Scotland on a Sunday is alright. Clearly you've never had to be in Preston for your break on a Sunday.

At least you'll not have to deal with the Scottish licensing laws or stay in an industrial estate in East Kilbride this time.

That was mine and Ghostys word of the weekend in the end, Fucking Scotland, as we tried to buy beer at 22.33 and then again at the tesco by your house at 08.45, how dare we!

The 5 star hotel was class, I enjoyed that bit! 

Kirton, any storage warehouses I could sleep at on thursday night nearby?

post-17612-0-75874500-1552334834_thumb.jpg

I'm wondering if I came and brought my wife, whether you'd all pretend I'd never said anything about the state of our relationship?

Also wondering if I could persuade her that it's the ideal stop over in the way to a second honeymoon

My wonderful fiancée bought me tickets to go watch Muse in Manchester this summer...

Sadly it’s the Saturday of Shitefest... so I’ll miss it again aaaaargghhh

You know she's logged on as a guest and did that on purpose?

Screenshot_20190311-200800_Maps.jpg

I'm wondering if I came and brought my wife, whether you'd all pretend I'd never said anything about the state of our relationship?

Also wondering if I could persuade her that it's the ideal stop over in the way to a second honeymoon

We can paint the picture of total harmony. Then drink with you when she gets bored and walks off and I'm sure someone can run you home. Win/win!