Shitefest 7th -9th June 2019

kirton

22 minutes ago, chaseracer said:

Spot the difference...

image.png

...and it's not the engine.

Iirc one has the facelift grille. Someone mentioned it, but I still can't tell the difference apart from the insignia position. 

26 minutes ago, chaseracer said:

Spot the difference...

image.png

...and it's not the engine.

Turrets.  Mat's has the Cortina based wishbone set-up, BRM has the Mitsubishi derived McPherson strut suspension, for which parts are almost impossible to obtain, hence BRM actually having late Pony struts.

I would like to know how cms206 subdued its thirst for oil.  It had started leaking when it left me in June last year but not at the excessive rate posted by cms206 on the way down. A magic potion was mentioned by someone.

I've managed to get 34 photos out of 500 done so far - work and family meant my time today was limited. Still, they're on Flickr if anyone fancies a look. Here's a few below:

48039256407_46af0481c8_h.jpgShitefest EDIT DAY 1  090619-1 by Fat Harris, on Flickr

Phill paying James for winning the bet. James pulled the green Reliant Robin out of a hedge where it had sat for several years, MOT'd it and successfully drove it 100 miles to SF. A real winner in my books.

48039084211_0a04d703d3_h.jpgShitefest EDIT DAY 1  090619-25 by Fat Harris, on Flickr

48039115396_6f9815f366_h.jpgShitefest EDIT DAY 1  090619-14 by Fat Harris, on Flickr

48039168587_6c09947022_h.jpgShitefest EDIT DAY 1  090619-31 by Fat Harris, on Flickr

Dickie having a razz of the Stellar.

48039097258_56cafa4b32_h.jpgShitefest EDIT DAY 1  090619-34 by Fat Harris, on Flickr

ALBUM LINK - https://www.flickr.com/photos/chipperharris/albums/72157709023606421

2 minutes ago, bub2006 said:

Hope all had fun  I will make next year. I think I missed last year also. Will have to bring the trike. Issue there is sleeping arrangements. Maybe a small caravan or trailer tent!

I have a spare bedroom in my portable house! People were sleeping in the bar this year though, would have been ideal, I'm sure you've passed out on a pool table before?

1 hour ago, RayMK said:

Turrets.  Mat's has the Cortina based wishbone set-up, BRM has the Mitsubishi derived McPherson strut suspension, for which parts are almost impossible to obtain, hence BRM actually having late Pony struts.

To put my pedant hat on for a moment, there are a few more detail differences (as standard) which have yet to be pointed out:

Headlights - the facelifted ones are made from a darker grey plastic, making them appear smaller.

Slam panel - note the recess in the middle on the later car, and the missing slot where the information plate is situated.

Washer bottle - moved to the nearside with the facelift, where I've mounted the header tank (OK, you can only see the corner of my washer bottle in the photo).

What you can't see are things like the better positioned window switches, the improved fusebox (back in the 90s, every scrap early Stellar showed the same evidence of overheating of the high current fuses). More different than you'd think at first sight!

2 hours ago, fatharris said:

"Attempted murder by AX" 

That is ace!

It does however show that I need to lose a bit of weight so it doesn't lean over slightly to the drivers side when I'm in it.

1 hour ago, wuvvum said:

Nope, he's just happy to be driving his AX.  I also drove his AX and was also grinning like a loon the whole time.

I'm slightly jealous as it must have been a bit faster for you, seeing as though you probably weigh half what I do.