Shitefest 7th -9th June 2019

kirton

Aaand home.

DSC_0214a.thumb.JPG.fb3a004779833cd7fb2b302a6fdf7502.JPG

DSC_0213.thumb.JPG.c45c90f320af82fa614823622889e4c4.JPG

The beast has used about £80 of diesel, which I work out to be ~46mpg, so not too shabby for an old crate like this, especially given the hideous conditions on the way down.

Thanks again to Kirton for organising - I think it's fair to say a good time was had all round, although a couple of locals might have got annoyed with the procession of grotty old chod through their nice respectable village, and Catsinthewelder's children (kittensinthewelder?) are probably going to need counselling later in life after being taught how to play darts by Hairnet.  Other than that a most enjoyable weekend.  And I have now eaten square sausage, so I can die a happy man.

Be interesting to see what JohnK comes up with next year to top the beige 305 though...

Had a good time at shitefest. Upstaged by a gate crashing 305. Grr!

Thanks to Kirton for setting it up. Excellent venue even down to showers ffs.

Showers at Shitefest ? Whatever next !

Blatted 'MY' 305 up the m5 at 80/85 and used about 13 litres of veg for 157 miles.

Not too bad although at 75p a litre I'm not so bothered about economy.

18 minutes ago, captain_70s said:

Pft. Drove my Dolly like that for weeks. Windows down and a headache every day, was fun times.

I take it the Dolomite's exhaust wasn't trying to stop the car at every pebble?

Now home before the car I set off for shitefest 2018 in has got home. 

Me — mildly fucked but happy.

car - acceptable.

left the Scottish contingent at M5 J2 with only a few* more hours of motoring ahead of them.

Many thanks to Kirton for arranging such a palatial venue (it had its own bar ffs) and to everyone else who made this place and that event what it is.

See you next year folks. Maybe.

Another victim of the Shitefest 2019 curse here, but only mildly. My engine wouldn't idle until Bridgewater, although was ok at speed. Made it difficult to pull away smoothly, as you may have noticed!

I suspect a carb blockage which then cleared, but how it got past the fuel filter I don't know. I first thought Dollywobbler had broken it...

Thanks for another cracking Shitefest to everyone who came but especially Kirton for organising and all the folk who were very nice to the Kittensinthewelder.  They all had a great weekend too.

Unsurprisingly the dullsmobile made it back in one piece.  I passed Mcoli when he was still driving and Anthony G further on before being overtaken by a matt black Rialto just before I pulled off the M5 at Worcester.

I saw this at Tiverton Morrisons on the way back

IMG_20190609_144320442.thumb.jpg.127f94c0ce7a70867d771245184e10e7.jpg

Myself and Joe popped in to see if M'coli was still there and Kirton was in the pub, so I think he's fine! 

I've done 352 miles this weekend, no idea what mpg but I've put £50 pez in over the weekend and have just under half a tank left. Will investigate the knocking tomorrow. 

Just having a cup of coffee then going for the glorious Post shitefest shower! 

Was another great shitefest, the poshest too, the bar is either going to have to be raised some more or next year we find a field 30 miles from anywhere and reset the bar back to 0. Great turnout, I've met some proper forum hero's for the first time which has been nice! Probably shouldn't have stayed up drinking until 2.30am though, I'm properly tired now! 

Hopefully we have swelled the football club's coffers a bit too, it really is a lovely place. The hoover now doesnt have a full bag either, nor is it full of 305

I hope all of you with troubles have an easy return home, and that those without had a good weekend. Being away at the Citroën meeting in Coventry last weekend meant I couldn’t have another weekend off on the run so couldn’t make it,

Having missed all the heavy rain in the area over the weekend we've just had at least 20 minutes of 3 inches an hour rain with hail and lightning;  with SF19 vacated the force field has evaporated and left us to our fate.  The rainfall radar showed the precipitation increasing in a narrow band just before it got here to hit Cheriton.  

M'Coli got under his car in the comfort of my garage and departed leaving a delicate chip aroma;  we had a discussion about Brora and we identified that we liked the same area of the camp site there.

I got to the pub in time for a quick pint and Roy continued to enthuse about you lot. 

Hope everyone gets home safely (bodywise)  even if their car is less well.

40 minutes ago, catsinthewelder said:

Thanks for another cracking Shitefest to everyone who came but especially Kirton for organising and all the folk who were very nice to the Kittensinthewelder.  They all had a great weekend too.

Unsurprisingly the dullsmobile made it back in one piece.  I passed Mcoli when he was still driving and Anthony G further on before being overtaken by a matt black Rialto just before I pulled off the M5 at Worcester.

I saw this at Tiverton Morrisons on the way back

IMG_20190609_144320442.thumb.jpg.127f94c0ce7a70867d771245184e10e7.jpg

I remember when a 'Van Den Plar Type R' was considered a big car.  Dwarfed by the Zafira Meriva thingy