Shitefest 7th -9th June 2019

kirton

20 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

Bloody good idea, @Bucketeer, fancy a romantic drive Saturday morning? Could have chips by the sea

Take some money for the car parking there's few free spaces anywhere near the sea front and those that are are time limited and the traffic wardens patrol very frequently. Ask me how I know.

For those coming from the north:  local road news says the A3072 from Bickleigh to Crediton is closed just on the Crediton side of the hump back bridge which is 100m from the turn off the Exeter road and may be for a good few hours. If this is correct immediately over the hump back bridge a local road goes straight ahead to Cadeleigh; keep going on this road and about 1m past Cadeleigh there is a road to the left for Cheriton, then 100m down there is another left to Cheriton.  If the A3072 is blocked there will be a lot more traffic than usual and this section is definietely 20mph territory, narrow road with limited passing places, blind bends etc.  Or you can go through Thorverton and experience a different set of similar roads.

Have a look at the map so you have an idea where the roads go.

1 hour ago, kirton said:

Chris, if you are at a loose end tonight feel free to look in; house at the top of the hill on the way in to Cheriton

by the 30 sign with white camper on the drive and C3 Picasso and CRV mk1,  plenty of parking room

Are you still up for a visitor?

Beko: use Exeter road out of Tiverton but be prepared for the  blockage on A3072 at Bickleigh and take Cadeleigh or Thorverton alternatives as described.  Best look at a book of maps BEFORE

Edited by kirton
Explanation

Just now, kirton said:

Beko: use Exeter road out of Tiverton but be prepared for the  blockage on A3072 at Bickleigh and take Cadeleigh or Thorverton alternatives as described.  Best look at a book of maps

Reading whilst driving sounds dangerous... I'll add it to the crib sheet I have printed! I'll let Sandra direct me most of the way, then stick my bit of paper to the steering wheel

2 hours ago, kirton said:

Chris, if you are at a loose end tonight feel free to look in; house at the top of the hill on the way in to Cheriton

by the 30 sign with white camper on the drive and C3 Picasso and CRV mk1,  plenty of parking room

I am lost, went up hill with old Rectory on my right, but could not find a camper up there?

Scottish update:

Both the Central and Clydeside divisions appear to be ready to depart. There will be a convoy south scheduled to start at Bothwell Services M74 (S) at 0630 which should get us very leisurely to Tebay for 0830. Breakfast will ensue and probably departure will be 0930. A fuel stop will be made at the Shell garage in Cannock across from Cannock South Premier Inn, eta 1115. Then, from there, to the even more south. An additional fuel / toilet stop will likely be made somewhere along the way. So eta at this year's mecca will likely be approx 1500hrs.

We will be bringing -
24 x slice sausage
24 x potato scone
12 x crispy rolls
12 x soft rolls
A loaf
Butter
Tea bags
A pint of milk
Cans of coke

Capture.PNG

For the Scotoshite convoy, a good half-way house for you between Cannock and the destination is likely to be Gordano Services just after the M4/Severn Bridge...

https://goo.gl/maps/cUN3z3y3J8wX5gys8

We stopped there on the way to Coombe Martin a couple of years ago. Very usefully positioned after the tedium of an 80 mile M4 stint.

43 minutes ago, dollywobbler said:

Can I recommend Bridgwater Services for an extra dose of misery. You'll keep Grim pics coming for at least one year if you stop there, two years if it's raining.

My vague plan is to do home to Newbury, then Newbury to Bridgwater in one go, then stop. Looking forward to it now

Mr 6C  introduced to my local and I had my first ride in a DS, not my first proper Citroen as I had a BX diesel and a BX 4x4

A3072 reported clear at Bickleigh so hopefully no diversions needed tomorrow.

Scottish contingent - tea, coffee,  milk (10l) and sugar provided in Club so no need to purchase

I'm off to bed now so safe journeys tomorrow 

1 hour ago, rantingYoof said:

For the Scotoshite convoy, a good half-way house for you between Cannock and the destination is likely to be Gordano Services just after the M4/Severn Bridge...

https://goo.gl/maps/cUN3z3y3J8wX5gys8

We stopped there on the way to Coombe Martin a couple of years ago. Very usefully positioned after the tedium of an 80 mile M4 stint.

Gordano is on the M5 and just after the Avonmouth Bridge. If you're going on the Severn Bridge from the M5 then you're going the wrong direction for Shitefest 2019!

I'd recommend stopping at Gloucester services over Gordano. It's the sister service station of Tebay services and a pretty nice one.