Shitefest 7th -9th June 2019

kirton

This weekend is gonna be fun . Decided to smoke the car im using about for this week to iron out any gremlins. 

Found the first two last night , ran out of fuel on a busy a30 during rush hour last night . Gauge showing 1/3 tank and id asked owner about the gauge and he said "ok as far as I know"

So got that sorted and decided to treat it to a full tank of super unleaded to see if it helps the pinking ( it has) but its repayed me by leaking from the tank breather. 

The joys of old cars . So tempted to take my insulated , modern , reliable, economical , double bed equipped van but my +2's tell me im a pussy.

9 hours ago, davidfowler2000 said:

Saturday breakfast is being provided, as previously discussed, on Saturday morning by SVM Catering. Usual time is between 0930 - 1000.

Sunday breakfast...IIRC...will be at the local farm shop which is opening specially for us.

Sounds great, can I bring anything bacon, eggs etc obvs not square sausage

Oh if anyone reckons they have a code reader than can talk to a 1999 Daewoo, would you mind bringing it along? I'd still like to clear the airbag light.

Have just been packing. Prepared the Matiz by removing the airbox restrictor and topping up the coolant. I topped up the coolant not that long ago, so I'm sure it'll be fine if I just don't worry about it.

38 minutes ago, chatsharris said:

Bloody hell, it's just getting worse and worse. Doubt it's even worth getting the tents out! emoji849.pngemoji23.png

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

That's what I'm currently debating with myself. My tent is awesome, I've bought stuff for it as well now but it'll be a monsoon as I'm putting it up tomorrow, and I don't actually know if it's waterproof. It also weighs so much it slows the car down... Then it'll have to come back wet and go up in the garden to dry

I'm having a cup of tea before starting to pack, I might blow the airbed up in the car and give it a damn good test in a bit and see what I think

Bacon,eggs, bring anything that fits in a frying pan, it will get eaten, and bring the frying pan as well as we don't  have those in the club kitchen.

A3072 is blocked by a lorry where it leaves the Tiverton to Exeter road at Bickleigh; for Bucketeer it he gets there before it is cleared - stay on Exeter rd, take right  turn to Thorverton about 2 miles on and stop at shop there for directions to Cheriton Fitzpaine, don't just ask for Cheriton as you may get sent to Cheriton Bishop

2 hours ago, Dippy said:

Sounds great, can I bring anything bacon, eggs etc obvs not square sausage

On 5/30/2019 at 11:26 PM, davidfowler2000 said:

I am procuring the cornered meat product and tattie scones. Herr cms is getting rolls (buns / baps / barms for you southern folk). The slice will release and cook in their own fat which can be used to cook bacon if someone else brings said bacon, a pan and stove. If anyone wants regular bread rather than a roll then please supply your own unless there is demand for Scottish Plain bread then we may be able to source and supply.

SVM Catering do not invoice for direct payment however a bartering system of tea supplies, breakfast next day and/or beverages of various strengths is usually implemented.

I have a frying pan I'm bringing, and a 1 ring burner, and 5 cans of gas. Beko bacon frying services are available again this year if the moment takes us! 

I've got a gazebo I could bring, but there's no sides so it feels a bit pointless really. 

Oh, and the car is packed! Checked the oil, it didn't need topping up, bloody middle aged cars. So cleaned the windscreen, filled the screenwash up and wedged the drivers wing mirror into place again with a fresh piece of card. Prep done! Just need some petrol tomorrow but I'll drive right past asda to get to the a34 so I'll do that then

Just need to lob some clothes in a bag now

3 hours ago, dollywobbler said:

Oh if anyone reckons they have a code reader than can talk to a 1999 Daewoo, would you mind bringing it along? I'd still like to clear the airbag light.

Have just been packing. Prepared the Matiz by removing the airbox restrictor and topping up the coolant. I topped up the coolant not that long ago, so I'm sure it'll be fine if I just don't worry about it.

That's reminded me to bring a hammer

To hammer in tent pegs, diagnose daewooo faults and fight to the death about Brexit. 

3 hours ago, dollywobbler said:

I can bring my Tech2 along if it's helpful. I'll need to remember to reflash the card tonight with the GM software though. 

Just now, chatsharris said:

Tech2 as in Saab?

Oooh.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Yeah got a Saab card and a Vauxhall card. Was planning to overwrite the Vauxhall card with GM firmware for the Matiz airbag if I can find the image. May or may not work, depending how generic GM the Matiz airbag system is. Often these manufacturers have identical code reading and code erasing commands between their brands.

Well I'll be leaving home at about 9.30 tomorrow so when you wake up, if you think it's needed let me know and I'll lob it in. 

I tested my tent for water proof Ness earlier too

IMG_20190606_112514.thumb.jpg.75a66034046a9d631473d6d9cbd795fc.jpg

And promptly packed it! There's room for a few* people to stand up inside it if needed