Shitefest 7th -9th June 2019

kirton

40 minutes ago, Bucketeer said:

It'll be fine. All weather is happy weather. Remember, clouds need friends too.

3227-happy-weather-by-berrysprite.thumb.jpg.a2c657f69f080bef9b1f2a58686cf119.jpg

In other news, my fuel needle has been exploring new and previously undiscovered regions in preparation for the weekend.

IMG_20190604_121157140.thumb.jpg.cd28a2660e2250d3f130a0cece273783.jpg

It was worth it just to clear the cobwebs off the top half of the guage.

Sheikh  Bucket!

Longshot.

Anyone coming to shitefest got some unwanted / scrap 4x100 rims with tyres?

I'm looking for some slave wheels to put on the Safrane whilst I recover the new tyres to put on something else.

I'm planning to drop into SF during the weekend just to say hi at some point during the weekend.

Thanks in advance

I thought about brimming mine up for the trip but remembered id pass out with the fumes by the m5 so decided against it.

Wuvvum - no hassle, I have it on the server, I'll get it on tonight. Just spied a laptop bag abandoned on the shelves at work so will try and swipe that tonight...

My tent may well very much not be waterproof, may leave my phone in the car overnight just in case, and all my clothes so I have some dry ones

1 hour ago, Bucketeer said:

It'll be fine. All weather is happy weather. Remember, clouds need friends too.

3227-happy-weather-by-berrysprite.thumb.jpg.a2c657f69f080bef9b1f2a58686cf119.jpg

In other news, my fuel needle has been exploring new and previously undiscovered regions in preparation for the weekend.

IMG_20190604_121157140.thumb.jpg.cd28a2660e2250d3f130a0cece273783.jpg

It was worth it just to clear the cobwebs off the top half of the guage.

What did that cost you, £35?

Capture.thumb.JPG.d637862245f0642e1b0991a76d2e3bed.JPG

Yey, when I should be arriving will be when the rain goes to 84%! Can't leave any earlier though or I'll just spend 2 hours crawling around oxford past Cowley... Can't we go to scotland again? It didnt rain there (much)

"There's no such thing as bad weather, only the wrong clothing"

-Billy Connolly

I may need slightly water resistant footwear.

Also as for Saturday it looks like I am going to head over to the Seaton tramway for an mooch about with FPB7. I may still go down to the Dawlish sea wall to do some train twitching later on.

6 hours ago, wuvvum said:

I'll be heading back up the M5 at about 7.30 on Saturday evening, although only as far as Portishead.

Portishead onwards is all lit motorway. However I should be in the MGB (providing I go fit this clutch master right now), which on the basis of all the other MGBs I see driven on the roads, they have a top speed of 50-60mph... :D

2 minutes ago, chatsharris said:

Does anyone have one of those electric blowers that pump up air mattresses I could borrow while at shitefest please?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Yes, I have a 12v fag lighter one, so does Mr Fowler usually

7 hours ago, chatsharris said:

I've just had a look on AirBnB, and there's a house not too far away, can sleep up to three, £40 pp for the Fri/Sat.  Quite tempted to go with that if the weather doesn't improve soon.

I'd put some money to that. 

Started to pack the car today. Was well chuffed when I found the pegs for my tent as I had not put them with the poles. Was less chuffed when I discovered the tent itself has been eaten by mice! Not just a small hole either.....

Will pick up a new tent on the way down.

Still can't decide whether to pack the tent or just sleep in the car to be honest. I guess I better pull all of my stuff out tonight and see what is what! Nothing like being organized!

My Shitefest transport is being collected tomorrow too; I said I would be organized this year for a change, quite obviously that has not happened...

I was pondering if I could sleep in the back of the BGT. Reasonably sized load area and I'm not very tall anyway! 

Probably not and I'll just come for the day. Mrs SiC has been good and hardly moaned, despite the fact I've been doing car stuff for the last few weekends. Don't want to push my luck too far...