Shitefest 7th -9th June 2019

kirton

15 hours ago, ruffgeezer said:

I got a surprising response from pass out to attend this if I wanted, but I'm not sure I've it in me to plod down all that way on my own, my head has a habit of stopping me enjoying these things, it's a gamble for me. 

Well if you do come and still want this magnifying reader thing let me know and ill try to squeeze it in!

In other shitefest news, I've jsut had my bi-yearly haircut, my new air bed has just arrived and mum found the tarp floor for my tent, which we had out to check it's OK, was too big to fit on the driveway though... They also found the tent pegs to go with it which is a bit annoying as I bought a load on saturday, ah well. I also vacuumed the big bit of carpet I picked up yesterday to go down on the floor in the loungue area so I don't get cold feet.

RE weather, which is looking shit, Mr Kirton, will the field turn into the FOD 2016 and need wellies, or will boots be alright?

"

RE weather, which is looking shit, Mr Kirton, will the field turn into the FOD 2016 and need wellies, or will boots be alright? "

If we get enough rain the entrance to the grass area will get chewed up if too many go driving in and out;  so with sensible use, ie drive in on arrival and drive out when leaving,  it will probably be ok;  so far the ground is bone dry.  We have hard standing for at least 20 cars IF cars are parked without huge gaps between.  Wellies may be worth having to be on the safe side.

DOGS:  as you may expect we don't like dogs on the pitch as they tend to leave deposits for footballers to roll in.  The groundsman has said ok to  dogs for SF19.  Be aware that here are rabbits that come out at night and there are likely to be chickens and sheep in neighbouring filelds.  There are  dog poo bins around the village so spot where they are for your poo bags.

I've just ordered 10 litres of milk from the Community shop for Friday morning to avoid them running out.  I can get more when needed.

The Zumba ladies use the clubroom on Friday morning so upstairs is out-of-bounds until they have gone - by 11'ish.

There will be quite a lot of rubbish to get rid of on the Monday collection. So it's please separate out tins and bottles from black bag rubbish  to make  life easier on Sunday afternoon.

There is a microwave in the kitchen where you can heat up pasties etc.

If I ask the kitchen ladies would trays of roast potatoes and sausages go down well in the evenings - no promise, but a possibility.  We'll have a scratch card to pay for it. 

Can anyone planning to arrive before Friday morning let me know so I can make arrangements.  Staying Sunday night is no probem.

I think we will have an honesty box in the clubroom for site fees - £5 per night stay and £5 for a day visit with free tea and coffee.  The bar should be open Friday and Saturday, can't say what times. - remember - CASH ONLY.

I think that covers most things but do ask if there is anything else you want to know.

Trays of sausages sound good, I'd best collect up a fair wodge of pound coins by the sounds of it! Can we pay for our stays at once or do we have to go up every day?

I intend to drive in and then not drive again until I leave, so I won't be naughty and chew the field up! A big moan loacally at the moment is stray tent pegs smashing lawnmowers up on fields so I'll be counting my tent pegs in and out as well since this is my first year of tenting! (there's no max pitch size is there?)

Good to know there's a microwave too, I shall add pasties to my list for my visit to Tesco when I reach Tiverton!

3 minutes ago, dollywobbler said:

While Autoshiters are a nice bunch, I'm not sure an honesty box is a good idea. It isn't that Shiters are dishonest, but some of us are definitely forgetful...

I would second the call for roasties and sossidge.

If I can't pay for all 3 nights at once I'll forget. Think it was about 3pm saturday I remembered I had to go and pay at SF17, the look of death the lady gave me when I went in and said I arrived the day before ensured I never went into the building again for the rest of the weekend!

" some of us are definitely forgetful... "

that's me; 

I'll do up some paid and display cards to put on dashboards

and thanks to Beko and his thought about tent pegs - they do chew up mower blades; no max pitch size so hopefully we won't be having too many monster tents;  thinking of elf and shifty it would be best to keep a reasonable separation just in case - and no naked flame devices in tents unless you have a taste for carbon monoxide

As usual, I will be bringing two or more boxes of old books/magazines for everybody to have a rummage through (and hopefully) take. They are all car/motorbike related with the odd military/aircraft thing thrown in.

Plus does anybody want ‘Who’s who in space’? It’s a nice hardback with details of all astronauts and cosmonauts up to 1992. Ex reference library copy with the inside title page missing but otherwise fine. 

Let me know if anyone wants it as it’s off to the charity shop otherwise!

I heaved a sigh has I shot past exeter today, on my way to Plymouth.  I shall have another sigh has I go past again on Thursday. I sort of  arranged JDM at castle coombe last weekend . Then into Plymouth for family stuff, nieces birthday. Then drop into shitefest on my way back Saturday. But had to work , has in mind some unruly youth last weekend and again this. Never mind I shall await photos.  Beko' S tent does sound like some carry on camping,  boy scout jobbie. 

I think I might only be able to come down for just the Saturday. If I do get the MGB into action by then, I'll probably want to get going before sunset as trying to navigate with two candles on the front won't too enjoyable while on the M5 at night time. 

What's the rough itinerary for the Saturday?

56 minutes ago, catsinthewelder said:

Can you sell them to me on Friday?  I put my tent up on the common last week to dry it out and lost half my pegs.  I could buy them at a shop but......

Absolutely! Or if I need some you can just have the others... 

Keep. An eye on your local fb group and when the groundsman smashes his mower to bits just keep quiet and know that they've been found... 

42 minutes ago, taxi paul said:

I heaved a sigh has I shot past exeter today, on my way to Plymouth.  I shall have another sigh has I go past again on Thursday. I sort of  arranged JDM at castle coombe last weekend . Then into Plymouth for family stuff, nieces birthday. Then drop into shitefest on my way back Saturday. But had to work , has in mind some unruly youth last weekend and again this. Never mind I shall await photos.  Beko' S tent does sound like some carry on camping,  boy scout jobbie. 

Beko assembling his tent... 

MV5BMjI2ODMxMTQyNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjExNzU1MjE@._V1_.jpg.738217b4d1f21d55ebf6f281b1551da0.jpg

Joking aside its a canvas tent... Not assembled since 2001 before last weekend, and it's supposed to be raining all the way through shitefest. I might yet be sleeping in the car and going home via a tip... 

15 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Yes plz.  My laptop has died, I have a netbook thing that still works but is too slow to really do much of any use - that one looks fine for what I'd use it for.

Marvellous! It's nice and nippy, and I think it's nearly finished installing updates! Do you want a copy of office 2007 installed or not? Also am I handing it to you in person or is it finding you via shitely? 

Re payment if it helps you to not have to get cash out I can give you my bank details if you want

3 hours ago, beko1987 said:

Marvellous! It's nice and nippy, and I think it's nearly finished installing updates! Do you want a copy of office 2007 installed or not? Also am I handing it to you in person or is it finding you via shitely? 

Re payment if it helps you to not have to get cash out I can give you my bank details if you want

Can't hurt to have Office installed if it's no hassle.  You can give it to me at Shitefest - I'll have cash on me so probably easiest to do it that way.  Ta much.

12 hours ago, SiC said:

I think I might only be able to come down for just the Saturday. If I do get the MGB into action by then, I'll probably want to get going before sunset as trying to navigate with two candles on the front won't too enjoyable while on the M5 at night time. 

I'll be heading back up the M5 at about 7.30 on Saturday evening, although only as far as Portishead.