Shitefest 7th -9th June 2019

kirton

3 hours ago, SiC said:

If it makes him feel any better, I have every intention of coming down in my BGT. So he wouldn't be the only one. As long as I can get the darn brakes working safely enough in time. 

*brings matches

edit SIC im only kidding

Anybody have any Saturday day trip plans? As Kirton mentioned on page 1 there's an old-school motor museum a bit past Exeter. 

http://moretonmotormuseum.co.uk/

It's £7 per head but there's a group discount for 10 or more, could be worth us organising that/letting the museum know?

I've been discussing it with JohnK and richbraith and they seem up for it, is anyone else?

22 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

Anybody have any Saturday day trip plans? As Kirton mentioned on page 1 there's an old-school motor museum a bit past Exeter. 

It's £7 per head but there's a group discount for 10 or more, could be worth us organising that/letting the museum know?

I've been discussing it with JohnK and richbraith and they seem up for it, is anyone else?

That is the most horrible webpage I have seen in a long while.

I dunno though, half of the fun of shitefest is the activities in the field. Saying that a day trip could be fun.

Put me down for definatly maybe

28 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

Looks a good little museum from the Google listing pics. I'll probably be coming down on the Saturday, what time roughly are people intending to go there?

On 5/26/2019 at 1:53 PM, chatsharris said:

I should point out I'll be in there too, but it's a 2-3 person apparently, plenty of room!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I may well take you up on this.

12 hours ago, wuvvum said:

I think some people were thinking of doing train stuff on the Saturday.

Yes. I mentioned if the weather is nice I'll likely get a train to Paignton or somewhere down that way for a wander about. If the weather's shit then probably car museum.

Tent was dragged out of the barn and put up.

It's ok ish. Smells a bit musty.

By next Saturday morning it'll smell of stale beer and farts :)

tent2.thumb.jpg.2f7f8ed1d527848c706050491c2531cb.jpg

This old tent has done some miles attending many 2CV events, biggest trip was to the 2CV world meet in Slovinia.

Haven't found my camp bed yet. Or my stove, will deffo need coffee in the morning.

29 minutes ago, Frogchod said:

Tent was dragged out of the barn and put up.

It's ok ish. Smells a bit musty.

By next Saturday morning it'll smell of gauloises and pernod :)

tent2.thumb.jpg.2f7f8ed1d527848c706050491c2531cb.jpg

This old tent has done some miles attending many 2CV events, biggest trip was to the 2CV world meet in Slovinia.

will deffo need to steal coffee aff tha SVM all weekend

ftfy

Talking of corners, does SVM_Catering corps require a donation of dollarage to aid in the percurement of said lovely corners? Especially since the last lot lasted 78 seconds at sf18... 

I presume bread can be procured locally from Devon? I'm stopping at Tiverton to find alcohol  and other healthy foods stuffs so can bring a pack or two of buns along

20 hours ago, Ghosty said:

Im up for it although I live fairly local ive not been here yet as if the missis is with me then so is the dog and hes not allowed in.

5 hours ago, davidfowler2000 said:

Yes. I mentioned if the weather is nice I'll likely get a train to Paignton or somewhere down that way for a wander about. If the weather's shit then probably car museum.

Minehead is not that far away. Shit for a town but it’s got a nice heritage railway.

Seaton is a bit further the other side of Exeter but TRAMS! TINY, TINY TRAMS! (And the UKs first reinforced concrete bridge apparently)

4 hours ago, beko1987 said:

Talking of corners, does SVM_Catering corps require a donation of dollarage to aid in the percurement of said lovely corners? Especially since the last lot lasted 78 seconds at sf18... 

I presume bread can be procured locally from Devon? I'm stopping at Tiverton to find alcohol  and other healthy foods stuffs so can bring a pack or two of buns along

I am procuring the cornered meat product and tattie scones. Herr cms is getting rolls (buns / baps / barms for you southern folk). The slice will release and cook in their own fat which can be used to cook bacon if someone else brings said bacon, a pan and stove. If anyone wants regular bread rather than a roll then please supply your own unless there is demand for Scottish Plain bread then we may be able to source and supply.

SVM Catering do not invoice for direct payment however a bartering system of tea supplies, breakfast next day and/or beverages of various strengths is usually implemented.

image.thumb.png.a0b04862a89ea1652b2323dc0fcf1f1e.png

Route for next weekend is now planned - should be a good trip! 

Still in 2 minds what car to take. I was all set to bring the E23 but I've had a slight set back with the braking issues, rear calipers replaced but I now need a master cylinder. Paid for but a delay on delivery. Frustrating.

I've just been told off on the village facebook.  I posted this morning (without using the word Shitefest) that the Football Club was hosting an "event" and that I was encouraging local shopping but didn't mention the village shop.or to that matter the monthly market in the Parish Hall on Saturday morning - 10 to 12 with bacon rolls and bread, pasties etc from the baker in Bampton.  I've now got to make facebook amends.