Shitefest 7th -9th June 2019

kirton

I am trying to tie in some professional stuff at the same time which is a pain in the arse, but I'm hoping to arrive sometime Friday late afternoon, and then I'll decide how I'm conducting my business. I would like to drive people's chod (and my car would be available in a reciprocating fashion) but I'd also like to enjoy a few beers with you all. Planning to leave Sunday afternoon/evening to have a spoon with a lovely nurse I've started seeing. Deffo punching!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

SVM Industries (Central) and SVM Industries (Clydeside) are in joint talks about meeting at Happendon Services south of Glasgow about 0630 on the Friday morning so going with the traditional / old charter / something breakfast at Tebay and the usual antics of the M74/M6/M5 of an afternoon, we should expect to arrive approx 1500 hrs on some day in November.

I believe Mr hedgehog of that-there-Scotlandland is also making his way down so I expect there will be a 3 car convoy.

7 am is the time ive told my esrstwhile passenger i will pick him up in Crosby L23 

Im guessing 9 am joining thr M5, 11 am detour to the beach at weston super mare, swim.in the sea, then fish and chips. Then off to exeter aldi for supplies, arriving about 15:00. 

Oh and thanks to a cash donation from Chris for pc services which I really wasn't expecting I now have money tucked away! So

1. Kirton
2. davidfowler2000
3. Twosmoke300 +2
4. HMC
5. 3VOM
6. SiC
7. Frogchod
8. hairnet
9. Six_cylinder
10. Montytom and father
11. Mr and Mrs Meter Rat
12. Richbraith
13. JohnK
14. Bucketeer
15. wuvvum
16. cms206

17. Dollywobbler

18. Ghosty

19. Tomtation 

20. ETG - ( and fairly certainly munchkin )

21. New POD and DaveR. (I know not what his user name is here. MikeR's oldest lad. Trying to get Mike to come but he's allergic to travel and or the South

22. Saabnut. Now on fourth choice of car, but I am determined to make it on my way to LeMans

23. Beko1987

Oh and thanks to a cash donation from Chris for pc services which I really wasn't expecting I now have money tucked away! So
1. Kirton
2. davidfowler2000
3. Twosmoke300 +2
4. HMC
5. 3VOM
6. SiC
7. Frogchod
8. hairnet
9. Six_cylinder
10. Montytom and father
11. Mr and Mrs Meter Rat
12. Richbraith
13. JohnK
14. Bucketeer
15. wuvvum
16. cms206
17. Dollywobbler
18. Ghosty
19. Tomtation 
20. ETG - ( and fairly certainly munchkin )
21. New POD and DaveR. (I know not what his user name is here. MikeR's oldest lad. Trying to get Mike to come but he's allergic to travel and or the South. 

22. Saabnut. Now on fourth choice of car, but I am determined to make it on my way to LeMans

23. Beko1987

You've grabbed the wrong list I think squire, there's at least another 7 or so attending.

I scrolled back a few pages on my phone to the last posted one I could see, sorry!
Sure someone on a PC can fix it at some point... If I get quiet later at work I'll have a look
I'll have a faff later if I have time

I was one of those guilty of that! but am still shaky as per the bikeshite thread as my steed is currently reacting to the prospect of carrying a tent all that distance by electrocuting me. I've just ordered a new loom so fingers crossed that'll fix it, otherwise I'm out, which would guarantee you lot good weather at least ?

I am up for Sat Night. should be able to arrive sat afternoonish

is is only 26miles from Fatha Thestags. and 180miles from high wycombeshite where I will be Friday

My lads are in the thick end of a-levels and keep bellowing at me to shut up. Mrs wants me to go to a pub quiz with friends on friday but didn't object to me buggering off saturday morning.

yay

what to take though? Stag, 93 Vogue, 72 project rangie ?

8 hours ago, richardthestag said:

I am up for Sat Night. should be able to arrive sat afternoonish

is is only 26miles from Fatha Thestags. and 180miles from high wycombeshite where I will be Friday

My lads are in the thick end of a-levels and keep bellowing at me to shut up. Mrs wants me to go to a pub quiz with friends on friday but didn't object to me buggering off saturday morning.

yay

what to take though? Stag, 93 Vogue, 72 project rangie ?

93 vogue sounds waft tastic, but 72 project sounds more fun... 

I'm round at six_cylinder's and we got to discussing what he might bring this year. A short list was drawn up.

IMG_20190529_183228209.thumb.jpg.d78e07c7c3d7acb540004c2742772490.jpg

The all round sensible choice seems to be the DS. The Visa and Cadillac have been to previous SFs, the weather isn't looking entirely MX5 friendly, the 2CV may be more of a chore than a pleasure long distance, and the Allegro reliability is still unproven. Traveling down in the 156 would be too straightforward and 6_cyl is unsure of the reception the MGB GT would receive.

Does anyone have any suggestions/preferences from the list? I'm going to keep trying to push him towards the Allegro just because I'd like to see him suffer a bit.

12 minutes ago, Bucketeer said:

Traveling down in the 156 would be too straightforward and 6_cyl is unsure of the reception the MGB GT would receive.

Does anyone have any suggestions/preferences from the list? I'm going to keep trying to push him towards the Allegro just because I'd like to see him suffer a bit.

If it makes him feel any better, I have every intention of coming down in my BGT. So he wouldn't be the only one. As long as I can get the darn brakes working safely enough in time. 

1 hour ago, Bucketeer said:

I'm round at six_cylinder's and we got to discussing what he might bring this year. A short list was drawn up.

IMG_20190529_183228209.thumb.jpg.d78e07c7c3d7acb540004c2742772490.jpg

GS or lancia obvs - or else we know where hes staying we can cancel his booking :D