Shitefest 7th -9th June 2019

kirton

3 minutes ago, chatsharris said:

I need to get a pop up tent sorted out.

Too much?30db19e4d6aa50cf192b554a6e386b39.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I've just received my accommodation through the post. Unfortunately it's less of the doggs danglies. £14 quids worth of Ebay special hiking tent for short enough poles that it fits in my tail bag (well it did in the bag it came in, since a trial run I can't get it back in but I'm sure it'll squeeze in.)

I'm hoping it won't be too windy, the poles look like they have the structural integrity of a match stick.

So on top of a second hand tank bag so I can carry a spare pare of undercrackers as well as a tent I'm now financially involved so need to put my name down.

29 - Lost not Found - Saturday night

10 hours ago, Ghosty said:

I'm not sure I'll make it, funds are low and what I have is going on collecting my S90. 

More than welcome to jump in with me and Rich if you want to attend but don't want the burden of having to pay to get there ..

I've just seen how big this flipping tent is for Mr Wingz... Will be a spectator sport/group effort assembling it! 

Also, anyone want to give me old ma £15 for this

IMG_20190523_130819.thumb.jpg.713f23c9664021727e20947b3a6e0cd7.jpg

IMG_20190523_130841.thumb.jpg.2f4bad6433402a6c9c1f07ed3e6b4cb7.jpg

IMG_20190523_130901.thumb.jpg.b976d1cc635fb88eed168310d7ceadd7.jpg

Presumed working, could do with a clean etc. There is an probably empty calor gas bottle with it but I'm not sure how much space I'm going to have in the car (plus with my slight fuel vapor issue I'm wondering if it'll be a great idea whilst I'm sat in the front chain smoking) but if you really really want it I'll try and fit it in. But assume not, the stove has the regulator on the end of the pipe. 

I've also got my dad's old dell latitude 1500 failing to sell on facebook because you can't game on it... 320gb hard drive, 4gb ram, some sort of Core2Duo... Frigging excellent battery and 90w charger... Pretty mint too bar keyboard use... Anyone want me to bring it in exchange for £30? Has a fresh ubuntu installed atm but I had windows 7 on it for the old man and it was happy enough. No pics of that though as I've not got them on my phone. Browses here well enough, and if you want it to be utterly lightning fast I can stick MX Linux on it and make you a poor man's chrome book! 

Ive got this weekend planned to try and make some sort of sleeping arrangements in the zx too. I have a plan, just need to execute it and see how fucking shit it might be. 

3 hours ago, Tomtation said:

Beko, how heavy is that there gas stove? Would do nicely for a motorhome conversion I have on the cards if it doesn't weigh a ton/a lot etc.

Light as piss! (I can weigh it properly* if you want?

(stick it on the kitchen scales...)

2 hours ago, wuvvum said:

Potentially interested in the laptop Beko - would you be able to stick Win7 back on it (sorry)?

Of course I can! I'll have a tinker next week, need to get six_cylinders IT equipment finished and back first then ill potter away at it. I'll keep you posted over in the computershite thread when I start

On the subject. I too also have a spare laptop if anyone fancies giving me some cash money for it.

It's a Lenovo X201 ThinkPad convertible (screen folds back on itself to become a tablet)

Core-i7 of some variety, 8GB RAM, 250GB (iirc) SSD, touchscreen, Wacom stylus, Wifi, Windows 10 Pro (upgraded from it's original Win7 so dunno if it can go back). Battery life is fair for a machine of it's age. All usage dependant etc. Charger present too. The odd dink and scratch but generally in good cosmetic condition. No faded keys etc.

Looking for £100 as the SSD is fairly new. Think these were £2500+ when they were new. 

Photos on request 'cos I'm here just now...

IMG_20190523_213742.jpg

My probably has turned into a no, as that weekend is the only weekend available for a weekend away for me and Molly before she's back home in americaland for summer. I did think about suggesting she come to Shitefest, then decided that'd be a step too far...

On 5/18/2019 at 8:17 AM, Bucketeer said:

You can race all year Mat, but you can only fest once. Sitting in the rain in a rusty field full of muddy cars chatting with fellow oddballs about MPGs and PCDs and VPLs and the like beats slogging up and down mountains surely.

Plus if you don't come someone, probably me, will have to get catastrophically drunk in your place.

28. mat_the_cat

You've twisted my arm...

Plan is to race Saturday morning, then jump straight into the car and head down. I'm not sure that sitting stationary in a car for 5 hours is the best recovery for muscles, but I'll likely have worked up a bit of a thirst.

Anybody need BX bits bringing down? I have a feeling I've promised a few.

13 hours ago, JohnK said:

More than welcome to jump in with me and Rich if you want to attend but don't want the burden of having to pay to get there ..

That's a stand up offer but I don't own any camping equipment, I sleep in my cars usually.

After being lazy on yesterday's beautifully hot dry day and doing vacuums, I decided that in the drizzle was a perfect chance to eye up sleeping arrangements. 

I had planned to take the front passenger seat out but the huge bit of plywood I had wasn't as huge as I thought it was... 

IMG_20190526_124705.thumb.jpg.0109ae5e3ce86593807a2f9d5c3ea3ef.jpg

So I played with the back seats

IMG_20190526_124708.thumb.jpg.fd9c8f880b395ef030c7f7ec92483a51.jpg

And found that this was actually pretty good, with built in pillows

IMG_20190526_124954.thumb.jpg.17e0470ed9b9960aa667f23830014d74.jpg

Only 2 13mm nuts to assemble too. Once there's a double air bed blown up into it it should be fine*

Whilst it was all out I decided to air bed proof it too with the numatic Loserone gave me. It needs a fan wash, it's very loud! Didn't explode though

IMG_20190526_125820.thumb.jpg.4a037b57bce5554843952b07ebbaf1e4.jpg

Best buy an air bed on payday and assemble all my camping gear! Anyone heard from Mr Wingz recently? He wanted the tent I've got and we were going to meet on the m4 and convoy but he's not read my pm... 

I have a spare sleeping bag that you're welcome to use, welcome to crash out in a pop up tent I bought from Facebook for a tenner.

You're a little spoon right?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Ha! The tent might be useful, I have a sleeping bag but that's about it.