Shitefest 7th -9th June 2019

kirton

I should be there, but will need to confirm later this week if I can get the required holidays at work. 

Should really bring the 405 full of veg oil, but I can lie full length in the back of the Saab. The drawback being 4x the fuel costs. Decisions, decisions. 

Do what I plan to do and fold the front passenger seat right down and sleep across that. I'm also going to try and just remove the passenger seat and build a wooden box to fill the foot well to provide a platform but I doubt that will help too much

41 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

Do what I plan to do and fold the front passenger seat right down and sleep across that. I'm also going to try and just remove the passenger seat and build a wooden box to fill the foot well to provide a platform but I doubt that will help too much

Sleeping in a wooden box you say.

dracula-coffin-vampire-thumbs-up-shows-w

Another maybe here dependent on work and the state of cars! If I bring the pug I'll be using 20% of the year's mileage allowance in one trip! I suppose I'd better get a move on getting the bloody thing together!

51 minutes ago, reb said:

Another maybe here dependent on work and the state of cars! If I bring the pug I'll be using 20% of the year's mileage allowance in one trip! I suppose I'd better get a move on getting the bloody thing together!

What are the chances of that odometer working anyway? 

On 5/6/2019 at 3:40 PM, Pete-M said:

I'm an unlikely now as the annual pilgrimage to Le Mans starts on the 10th June and I'd have to drive from Liverpool -> Shitefest 19 -> rural Norfolk -> LM all in a couple of days. 

959 miles.

Pah! :-) Home to Le Mans direct is 939 miles! I am planning on SF19, LM24, Sheffield (wedding) and Sledmere (rally) on 4 consecutive weekends so a month away from home.

Now almost certain that th Cobra will not make it due to ongoing clutch issues, so tomorrow I start work on an alternative!

30 minutes ago, davidfowler2000 said:

Any suggestions for Saturday afternoon activities?

I may drive to Cheriton and get a train to Teignmouth just so I can go along the Dawlish sea wall.

I thought today was Sunday, but I am easily confused!

Train from Crediton every hour at 25 to hour to Exeter with about 10 minute wait at Exeter for slow train to Paignton, or at same time to Barnstaple. Free parking at Crediton station but be there early as you have to go over the level crossing before the barriers drop.