Shitefest 7th -9th June 2019

kirton

We had a Football Club Committee meeting on Thursday and all is ok. 

As stated before:  no complicated tariff - £5/night or per day visit;  we have toilets, showers and kitchen -and will provide tea, coffee etc.  The kitchen is the Club Ladies pride and joy so please respect it.

It will be good to have an idea of how many might be coming. I reckon we can comfortably cope with 30 and more without going onto the main pitch, if neeeded that can be done but we would prefer keeping cars to the hard parking area and the five-aside pitch by the road as we will probably have put £700 odd of seed on the main pitch. 

I know there will be a few women attending so we'll allocate the ref's room for their shower.

If anyone is intending to arrive on Thursday or staying Sunday night could they let me know, otherwise we will open the club - toilets, kitchen,  showers and Club Room (say) midday'ish on Friday, and close up mid Sunday afternoon. If you arrive early it will be a good excuse to call in to the Farm Shop and see what food they offer.   https://www.thornesfarmshop.co.uk/ 

The Farm shop is lined up to do breakfasts on Sunday morning from 9 - opening early for us.

Club bar will be open sometime Friday afternoon until ???  and Saturday afternoon, for Saturday evening use the Half Moon; Ring of Bells is open if posher food wanted, you may need to book  - https://www.theringofbells.com/    for R-o-B park somewhere in front of Church, don't try getting closer, R-o-B is round back of Church, follow path though graveyard.   (Half Moon doesn't open until 7)

Club and Half Moon pub are cash only. 

Nearest postcode is EX17 4HB

For those coming from M5 direction take the Exeter road out of Tiverton, then the A3072 to Crediton at Bickleigh, don't be tempted to follow the satnav if it says anything else as it will take you down some interesting* lanes and save you a few 100m.  Then follow the strawberry/farm shop  signs, past the farm shop to the cross roads in the village, turn right, 500m odd turn right to Club.

Coming from Cornwall by A30 take the junction east of Okehampton, turn back to Okie, take the lane just by the filling station, follow this around taking the left at the T junction;  this gets you to the Crediton road and introduces you to Devon lanes for a  short distance. This I consider a better route than coming off two junctions on which my satnav suggests.  Tiverton road out of Crediton, 5 miles on turn left to Farm shop etc.

From Exeter, A303, Plymouth, either A377 to Crediton, right at Tesco roundabout, right at next onto A3072 and follow the strawberry /farm shop signs etc.

I have a couple of SF offers - donation to forum hosting funds

205/50/17 Michelin Cross Climate part worn from wife's car

205/70/15 Bridgestone with lot of tread but old on CRV wheel

There will be more when/if I delve into the garage a bit;  the pit could be available if needed

I enjoyed SFs 17 and 18 and hope you enjoy your visit to (nearly) darkest deepest Devon.

In the lieu of cms206 not being able to get in to THE NEW BEIGE yet, I have been instructed to ammend the list in his absense.

1. Kirton
2. davidfowler2000
3. Twosmoke300 +2
4. HMC
5. 3VOM
6. SiC
7. Frogchod
8. hairnet
9. Six_cylinder
10. Montytom and father
11. Mr and Mrs Meter Rat
12. Richbraith
13. JohnK
14. Bucketeer
15. wuvvum
16. cms206

20 minutes ago, twosmoke300 said:

I was toying with the idea of bringing the gold xantia if many shiters up and having a live roffle . 

Good idea or no ?

Are there any pictures of this car on here sounds interesting

1. Kirton
2. davidfowler2000
3. Twosmoke300 +2
4. HMC
5. 3VOM
6. SiC
7. Frogchod
8. hairnet
9. Six_cylinder
10. Montytom and father
11. Mr and Mrs Meter Rat
12. Richbraith
13. JohnK
14. Bucketeer
15. wuvvum
16. cms206

17. Dollywobbler

EDIT - what's going on with that line spacing?

I'm an unlikely now as the annual pilgrimage to Le Mans starts on the 10th June and I'd have to drive from Liverpool -> Shitefest 19 -> rural Norfolk -> LM all in a couple of days. 

959 miles. 

If we can keep Shitefest 2020 away from Le Mans week, that'd be handy :)

I'm a maybe for the Sat night only based entirely around the forecast at the time as I'm proper fair weather like that! As I'd be heading down by bike hopefully I can still be squeezed in somewhere but if there is a definite shiter who needs a space I wouldn't claim it before them.

2 hours ago, hairnet said:

so you woulda fainted at orkney to here in one go......?? ?

Not at all, only because it doesn't compute as something anyone sane would do. So my mind can't comprehend how many hours of physio let alone PTSD therapy I'd need afterwards!  That being said I imagine the roads might have been more fun than slogging down the m4.

Add to that list: New Pod and nephew (Dave - MikeRs son) 

DAVE doesn't realise but my intention is to leave "silly early" 

We have had a short discussion about transport. 

We could travel in poverty spec MX5, but 5 hours each way might be mental.  Plus the 520 mile around trip would be more than it did last year. 

We could travel in his mk1 focus, but meh. 

Or we could go in comfort in the oh-mega Mv6.  I'm wondering if I bought my tools whether someone would change the gearbox oil for me, whilst we put up the tent? 20190323_101119.thumb.jpg.f8995d9c8fbce3b8781145ff8b443718.jpg

Miles showing now showing 212358. Should hit 214000 i reckon by the time we arrive. 

7 hours ago, beko1987 said:

Is there a maybe list? I really don't know if I can afford it, and although a month is a fair time to pull some money out of thin air, I fear other things will demand it first... 

Do you have a vaccum cleaner, you'd like to sell me ? 

7 hours ago, beko1987 said:

Is there a maybe list? I really don't know if I can afford it, and although a month is a fair time to pull some money out of thin air, I fear other things will demand it first... 

Beko Sam I will give you a lift if you want. Don't want anyone to miss out, I have plenty of spare capacity in the car.

Just now, BorniteIdentity said:

Paedo.

Just kidding.  I think Bub has taken his lad before?  I reckon you just need to ensure that they're not going to get bored after 5 minutes and make you feel awkward.  Same as my lad and car shows; he likes them for about an hour and I like them for a bit longer!  I always have to blackmail him to stay!

9 hours ago, New POD said:

Do you have a vaccum cleaner, you'd like to sell me ? 

Not at the moment, hoping to sell them before SF and use that money to come! I do have a plan, but it's not 100% guaranteed to come off until later this month. Plus I need to start reassembling said plan... 

8 hours ago, marm said:

Is anyone bringing kids?

I think Exiled Tat Gatherer said he was going to bring his lad along.

I now have a choice of two suitable road-legal vehicles to bring - the 75 (which should have a nice fresh MOT by then) and the 530d.  75 is marginally more economical but there's not a lot in it,  It might end up depending on the weather, as the BMW appears to have vaguely functional aircon whereas the Rover doesn't even have a belt on the compressor.

1 hour ago, BorniteIdentity said:

I reckon you just need to ensure that they're not going to get bored after 5 minutes and make you feel awkward.

Right... Might be difficult to get a solo pass though...

I'm going to play it by ear, would love to come along but things are a bit mental atm. Would be a good opportunity to test out the camper, mind.