Shitefest 7th -9th June 2019

kirton

Was thinking of proposing a convoy, let someone else lead and it might help my MPG, else I'l end up blitzing there all LOLOLOL T5 at 80 all the way (unless it's Orwell's finest paranoia generating smart* motorway). I'd also be interested in meeting somewhere, most likely on the M5, Bristol etc. I'm also very broke (Civic needs new engine and box) but I'll do my best to come anyway. I'm pretty hyperactive and run on very little food etc so as long as I can manage a sensible fuel bill I'll be fine. 

Just wait, I'll show up in the sodding Civic now...

As to the car, that is what is great about this forum no one make compulsory, no age cut off. I will decide closer to the time but I am favouring autos at the moment.

Its great isn't it! I parked the 55 plate laguna with the Scotland camp at sf17 and it wasn't burnt out once!

I won't get the stares and hushed voices this year though, result!

I am going down Thursday and not leaving until Monday so no convoys for me.

As to the car, that is what is great about this forum no one make compulsory, no age cut off. I will decide closer to the time but I am favouring autos at the moment.

Caddy or ds

may be possible for me to arrive in the auto scenic..unsure about sleeping as i wake up sounding like a snap crackle and pop advert after sleeping in a comfy bed, let alone in the back of a scenic...and would need to bring controlled drugs with me!! (all legal oshifer)

could be fun though...anyone know how big a scenic is with rear seats removed???? ;)

Its great isn't it! I parked the 55 plate laguna with the Scotland camp at sf17 and it wasn't burnt out once!

I won't get the stares and hushed voices this year though, result!

Not sure it really is the case. Pretty sure if I bought our A4 along, I'd be ushered out the site. Especially if the MGB didn't attempt to make it.

Tbh I'd be more likely to turn up in my Boxster than the A4. I am going to try getting the MGB in a fit state for reliable driving next month though. Providing I can get the 1100 subframe done and so it's back with 4 attached wheels. Must not let myself get distracted on the 1100 project.

I had hoped to be bringing that, but with the house moving fuckup (i.e. not happening now) that's been substantially delayed. :|

I guess even if I can't get the MGB there on its own power, I could have it carted there on the back of a recovery truck and let it become a project while at shitefest...! ;)

I guess even if I can't get the MGB there on its own power, I could have it carted there on the back of a recovery truck and let it become a project while at shitefest...! ;)

I'm hoping for a stress-free drive to Shitefest this year in the Stellar - 2014 was towing it behind the van, and 2015 I missed out on bringing it as it was in the paint shop. Despite no problems on any other journeys, 2016 it suffered fuel starvation big time (max of 40mph), 2017 it was on the verge of overheating in traffic as one cooling fan failed, 2018 it was fuel starvation again from a different cause! So I feel somewhat cursed - hopefully you will have more luck with the MGB!

AnthonyG generally turns up in something modern, and he's never been asked to leave. Mind you he's never turned up in an Audi.

+1 - if something unexpected is purchased between then and now then obviously I'll be in that but failing that it'll be the prius