Shitefest 7th -9th June 2019

kirton

• 2 weeks later...

Having talked to senior members of the SVM over breakfast at Cannock I have been to the Farm shop this morning and we have a slight rearrangement of plans.

The SVM healthy* Scotish breakfast is by tradition on Saturday morning so the Farm shop will be open for breakfasts from 9 on Sunday, it will be the start of the strawberry season so they would like us in early if possible, if you are hungry at other times do go in anyway.

I reckon that early May is about time to start getting an idea of who is turning up when, for how long, if they are in for an en masse Sunday breakfast, and whatever else.

Just keep your fingers crossed for good weather

• 3 weeks later...

My mum is getting rid of a tent that I keep meaning to list on here for free. Apparently it's quite large, might be all complete (should be apparently) and was last used in 1995ish...

Anyone fancy it? Can post, or can probably bring to shitefest

Should be just turn up and cough up £5/car/day or part day.

At the moment I have no idea how many are planning to come or for now long, so if someone could set up a question table I'd be grateful. We need to let the farm shop.have an idea of how many for breakfast on Sunday morning

We have a Committee meeting next week when we can do some planning. We need to check who is available to open bar etc. We will stock the kitchen with tea,milk and coffee.

I am thinking of: early arrivals Thursday so have toilets,showers and kitchen available from late afternoon. Friday: bar open possibly late afternoon until 10. Saturday bar open earlier but close by early evening so you can go to the pub,or not. BAR not open Sunday,

I'm a bit stuck at the moment as our desktop has the black screen of death and I'm concerned that my attempts to undo the problem could wipe it out entirely.

What is the furthest one person has driven in a Mini in 1 day.

Asking for a friend.

My parents got to northern Spain from Newcastle. My dad finally fitted a wheel bearing with the assistance of an all night garage at 11pm the night before, then picked my mum up at 7am. They stopped driving at 3am as they realised the edge of the road their lights weren't lighting up was the precipice at the top of a large ravine.

Man up :)

For HST enthusiasts (and pacer lovers)

Whilst they finished on GWR out of Paddington today they are still running on Cross Country (from poster Hexagon789 on RM web).  Of interest is possibly the 06:11 out of Leeds that leaves Exeter St Davids at 10:44 - basically a minute before the 10:37 Crediton - Exeter St D gets in, but this service is not unknown to be late;  I think this returns as the 12:25 out of Plymouth

For proper enjoyment if you get the 10:37 from Crediton  - likely to be a pacer of some variety, change at Exeter S D to another pacer that will take you to Newton Abbot where you return on the 12:25 HST out of Plymouth (subject to breakdowns, cancellations, modernisation of stock, etc)

Fridays

1V50 0606 Edinburgh-Plymouth
1V44 0611 Leeds-Plymouth
1V54 0632 Dundee-Plymouth

1S51 1225 Plymouth-Glasgow Ctl
1E63 1525 Plymouth-Leeds
1E73 1725 Plymouth-Leeds

Saturdays

1V52 0601 Glasgow Ctl-Plymouth
1V44 0611 Leeds-Plymouth
1V58 0900 Glasgow Ctl-Penzance

1D00 0727 Edinburgh-Glasgow Ctl

1S51 1225 Plymouth-Glasgow Ctl
1E67 1625 Plymouth-Leeds
2C80 2129 Penzance-Plymouth

My mum is getting rid of a tent that I keep meaning to list on here for free. Apparently it's quite large, might be all complete (should be apparently) and was last used in 1995ish...

Anyone fancy it? Can post, or can probably bring to shitefest

Could I have this if its not already taken please?

Thanks,

James

Me and Dave my nephew are coming

Debating. 1.4 Mk1 Focus, Mk1 mx5, or e Omega.

I have a luggage rack for the boot of said MX5 and Exeter with the top down all the way from Liverpool would be really comfy.

Myself and Mr Wingz are planning a meet up at Chieveley services on the way there. By planning I mean we've worked out it's near him and I'll drive past it but if any other southern shitters fancy sorting a meet up on Friday...

We could then meet up with Scotland on the m5 somewhere, again, times aligning etc

I'm doing it barebones this year because I will be properly skint...