Shitefest 7th -9th June 2019

kirton

As I posted a while back the venue I can arrange is Cheriton Fitzpaine Football Club (close to EX17 4HB) just off the A3072 from Tiverton to Crediton, about 10 miles out of Exeter.  Not quite as remote as Saabnut's but out in the sticks.  It is far enough away from houses that we shouldn't be causing aggravation.

June seems to be clear of both bank and school holidays so the motorways heading south should be as manageable as they ever are.  So, any chance of getting a concensus on which weekend it should be?  Can someone more IT adept than me put up a poll for this?

The FA cup is on 18th May so the local football season should be finished and if the date is decided well in advance we can get it blocked off so we don't get allocated a home game that day if the season over runs.

It seems probable that the village maidens won't be having their 50th birthdays party at the Football Club, and the birthday of the the maiden who is a Club Committee member is in August.

Going on attendance at SFs 17 and 18 there should be enough room for hard standing parking with overflow onto the 5-a-side area where tents can be.  The Club house has toilets, showers, bar (£2.80/pint at the moment, but mostly lager as that is what footballers swill down their necks) and kitchen (this subject to the kitchen ladies being happy about the use of "their" domain).

Suggested £5 a night per car.

Local attractions:  the farm shop down the road for the all day breakfast;  Sandford Orchards for cider; Moretonhampstead Motor Museum for adventuring down single track roads to get there,

I can guarantee there will be no midges, and I'm reasonably confident that June is horse fly free.

That sounds like a swell venue. 

It's a long, long way from me but would make for a good adventure and I could probably make a bit of a week away of it. 

It would be quite a convoy from the Frozen North.

I'm even further away! Would still be up for it, though. I'd need two days' travel time each way though, so as not to over-stretch myself.

I should be able to manage that. It would be good if the date was confirmed this year so I can bag the time off as soon as our holiday sheets are issued, which is the first day back after Christmas.

I think I might do the journey in two days as well. It's only 500 miles for me, but I might as well try to arrive in daylight.

I can guarantee there will be no midges,

raceist against small people :lol:

Tell me about it , Exeter is still a 100 mile drive from me

yeah friend organised a weekend one time and said oh cornwall - we were like ok no problem

until they said it was 20 miles from lands end - which from exeter is like off the end of the world..............

dont look big on the map boiy

it would be good if the date was confirmed this year so I can bag the time off as soon as our holiday sheets are issued, which is the first day back after Christmas.

ALL THIS - PLEASE - i like most people if its announced march like this year - too late stuff already being sorted for next year - im sure others are the same.........

Does this mean I have to buy something shite to attend ?? Living over towards the East shite is difficult to come by.. My 05 Berlingo is considered shite, it is already the oldest car in the close, the next oldest car is a 2011... and that's mine too...

Yes or no whatever you want the answer to be, that is what I like about Autoshite!

That sounds like a swell venue.

It's a long, long way from me but would make for a good adventure and I could probably make a bit of a week away of it.

It would be quite a convoy from the Frozen North.

Fly down, buy some shite, then drive back ....

Does this mean I have to buy something shite to attend ??

We're a broad church. As long as you can look slightly uncomfortable, stomach square sausage, and talk utter nonsense with/without the aid of gallons of cider then you'll fit right in.

I've turned up on foot before, Hairnet uses odd two wheeled cars, AnthonyOG rocks the modern Jag look. It doesn't matter how you arrive.

I was only thinking yesterday that it's about time we had one down south, as I've not been to Cornwall or Devon for a few years. So a perfect excuse!

May or early June preferable for me, both to avoid clashing with holidays and also avoid cooking in the Stellar *too* much...