2005 320d Touring SE New MOT £695

The Reverend Bluejeans

No.

I really don't like these things. In fact I fucking hate them. So I'm flogging this one after a short honeymoon period where I hoped I would get over my deep seated disdain for the E46post-3069-0-91841500-1541267614_thumb.jpgpost-3069-0-72384300-1541267652_thumb.jpg.

I failed.

2005 E46 320d SE Estate, last* of the E46's. It's black with beige leatherz. Non working A/C (just needs a fuse m8. Or a regas etc) but unusually for one of these, the dash isn't lit up like a Christmas tree. The cruise control works as do the windows and central locking. Two working keys, hallelujah. It's done 190'000 with a service book - with stamps!

It's black, as you can see. It's not rotten either. A bit of very minor bubbling on the passenger front arch but the drivers wing is fine and rear arches look good. Good tyres, rear Nexens and front something else that are almost new. Usual growl from the flywheel when the clutch is depressed but the clutch is light and bitey. I've just fitted new discs and pads all round as they were all fucked. I've changed the oil and filter, fitted swirl flap blanks so it doesn't self destruct, replaced the breather and the air filter.

I MOT'd it 2 weeks ago. V5 and service books/handbook pack here, taxed to get you home. Don't want any swaps cheers, just a wad of twenties.

*Thank fuck for that.

post-3069-0-94675300-1541267707_thumb.jpg

I genuinely take it back about not getting a worthwhile BMW for that money. It’s a tidy motor that, economical, quick, cheap what’s not to like. If you didn’t know it it could pass for a couple of grands worth if car if you weren’t in the know.

Goes back to what I said in another post, don’t persevere with shit when back pocket money gets you that.

Come on though seriously, how cheap do you want a car... time and time again I read these posts and it’ll go along the lines of “I’ve been to see a £300 Rover 25, it missed a service back in 2003, so I left it”

If buying it for £600 was a massive issue I’d be questioning whether I ought to be running a car full stop.

Come on though seriously, how cheap do you want a car... time and time again I read these posts and it’ll go along the lines of “I’ve been to see a £300 Rover 25, it missed a service back in 2003, so I left it”

If buying it for £600 was a massive issue I’d be questioning whether I ought to be running a car full stop.

The issue isn't that the price is too high for that car (I'd say its low, actually), but that it is currently out of budget.

If you have £400 for a car then forking out an extra 70-odd% is out of budget.

If you have ten grand for a car then one for seventeen grand would be out of budget.

Nobody is picking holes in this car.

Well then that's definitely something you're mentally prepared for if that time ever comes for you man. That's good to know. I've spent between £98 and £1900 on good, motd cars in the last ten years. Regularly. Not currently being able to afford a car isn't a criticism of the car. But Im sure you already knew that.